Canada Kicks Ass
Here's How To Deal With Nora Loreto

Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

BeaverFever @ Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:24 am

Tricks Tricks:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:
On Broncos she said :

“ “the maleness, the youthfulness and the whiteness of the victims are… playing a significant role. I don’t want less for the families and survivors of this tragedy. I want justice and more for so many other grieving parents and communities.”

How is it that the supposed “free speech” and “anti-political correctness” crowd are so triggered and demanding her head on a stick?

No one is saying she can't say it, but people who think she's a bitch are also allowed to call her out for being a bitch. That's how free speech works.

Note, I'm not including threats in that, that's wrong, and those people are worse than she is.

I believe Martin said she needs to be taken down and pounded into dust?

And she didn’t say anything negative about the victims, just that she wished others others got the same level of public sympathy. I don’t think she’s correct about this having anything to do with race or gender but I’m pretty sure if the Broncos were a swim team instead of a hockey team it wouldn’t have received the same level of attention.

BRAH @ Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:51 am

She has a right to voice her opinion just like Sheila Gunn Reid does who has received the same level of hate. SGR fights back without playing the victim, if Nora Loreto can't do the same then she should STFU. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Mowich @ Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:20 am

JaredMilne JaredMilne:
By now, you may be familiar with the vile tweets Nora Loreto has written first about the Humboldt Broncos tragedy and the Toronto van murders. You may also be familiar with the equally vile backlash she's gotten with various sexual/gender-related comments, and insults directed at her family.

I haven't posted before now in part because I'm on a Twitter hiatus, but I wanted to add my two cents at last.

Loreto's tweets were disgusting and added nothing of value to the situation. Even if you take a more charitable view of her intent in writing them, the fact remains that she's gotten a lot of flack from people of colour and even fellow progressives, who've pointed out her hypocrisy in complaining about people wanting her fired when she's done the same thing to other progressive writers she disagreed with. At best, she is an *extremely* poor communicator who's an active liability to progressive politics.

But the response she's been getting, with people alternately calling her a c*nt, wishing her dead, wishing she was raped, and other words along those lines are in many cases just as bad. Not only are they disgusting in their own right, but they also allow Noreto to portray herself as a martyr and justify everything she and other progressives say about conservatism.

So, what's the solution?

Two words:

Ignore her.

Don't read anything she writes. Don't listen to anything she says. Don't pay her any attention at all. Political activists thrive on attention and responses.

Instead, treat Loreto like the insignificant little nobody that she is.

That's truly the worst fate one could inflict on her.

Good post, Jared and I could not agree more with your suggestion about ignoring her.

bootlegga @ Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:29 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
On Broncos she said :

“ “the maleness, the youthfulness and the whiteness of the victims are… playing a significant role. I don’t want less for the families and survivors of this tragedy. I want justice and more for so many other grieving parents and communities.”

How is it that the supposed “free speech” and “anti-political correctness” crowd are so triggered and demanding her head on a stick?

I don't support the threats of violence or rape, but I did support the MacLean's ban - freedom of speech does NOT mean freedom of consequences from your speech.

People can say whatever they want, but sometimes, there are consequences. You know, like that jackass from Hydro One who yelled "FHRITP" at a reporter in Toronto a couple years back.

Tricks @ Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:33 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
of internet history
$1:
And she didn’t say anything negative about the victims, just that she wished others others got the same level of public sympathy. I don’t think she’s correct about this having anything to do with race or gender but I’m pretty sure if the Broncos were a swim team instead of a hockey team it wouldn’t have received the same level of attention.

Does canada have swim teams in every town in the country? Shit comparison and you know it.

And using a tragedy to push your agenda that has nothing to do with the tragedy makes you a dick. Full stop.

BeaverFever @ Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:37 pm

bootlegga bootlegga:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:
On Broncos she said :

I don't support the threats of violence or rape, but I did support the MacLean's ban - freedom of speech does NOT mean freedom of consequences from your speech.

People can say whatever they want, but sometimes, there are consequences. You know, like that jackass from Hydro One who yelled "FHRITP" at a reporter in Toronto a couple years back.

Yeah FTR that guy got his job back

BeaverFever @ Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:41 pm

Tricks Tricks:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:
of internet history
$1:

Does canada have swim teams in every town in the country? Shit comparison and you know it.

And using a tragedy to push your agenda that has nothing to do with the tragedy makes you a dick. Full stop.

Um I dunno we might have a swim team in every town. Swimming is not that obscure.

But what difference would that make anyway? A tragedy is a tragedy regardless of what fucking sport the victims happen to play. Hockey player deaths are not more tragic than swimmers deaths.

Coach85 @ Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:34 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:

But what difference would that make anyway? A tragedy is a tragedy regardless of what fucking sport the victims happen to play. Hockey player deaths are not more tragic than swimmers deaths.

It is more tragic.

Just as a team of cricket players from India would be far more of tragic loss than the national lawn bowling team. Because it hits home for so many.

Hockey is in the fabric of this country. Millions have had their kids in hockey, on buses and have been in situations just like this. It hits a nerve with millions of us and that's OK and perfectly normal.

BeaverFever @ Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:45 pm

Coach85 Coach85:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:

It is more tragic.

Just as a team of cricket players from India would be far more of tragic loss than the national lawn bowling team. Because it hits home for so many.

Hockey is in the fabric of this country. Millions have had their kids in hockey, on buses and have been in situations just like this. It hits a nerve with millions of us and that's OK and perfectly normal.

I don’t understand that at all. Dead kids are dead kids and seim teams and volleyball teams and every other kind of team and club travels on busses too. Why wouldn’t this tragedy hit the same nerve regardless of what sport they’re playing? Like why would the fact that they play a sport you’re familiar with make it more poignant? I’ve played on a football team, I would not be more moved if they were football players instead of hockey players.

If someone told you they weren’t as touched by the tragedy because their kid is into a different sport, you wouldn’t think there’s something seriously wrong with that person?

Coach85 @ Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:05 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
Coach85 Coach85:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:

It is more tragic.

I don’t understand that at all. Dead kids are dead kids and seim teams and volleyball teams and every other kind of team and club travels on busses too. Why wouldn’t this tragedy hit the same nerve regardless of what sport they’re playing? Like why would the fact that they play a sport you’re familiar with make it more poignant? I’ve played on a football team, I would not be more moved if they were football players instead of hockey players.

If someone told you they weren’t as touched by the tragedy because their kid is into a different sport, you wouldn’t think there’s something seriously wrong with that person?

You'll get it someday.

Every death is tragic but some are personal because you can relate to that person or family.

People aren't touched by death the same way every single time. If someone told me they weren't as heartbroken as I was about the deaths of these individuals I know it's because they can't relate to them and it really doesn't hit on a personal level.

Thanos @ Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:28 pm

It had less to do with hockey than it did with the number of dead occurring in one horrible incident. No different than if something had happened at a school in a shooting or a fire. And their age too because they were all so damn young. The Loreto's of the world seem oblivious to this, given their mental disfunction that has them non-stop harping on this fucking chimera they've created of white and male "privilege", but a sudden mass loss of people that age is highly distressing, especially to anyone who has kids or grandkids of that age.

And Loreto isn't a victim of any sort. She's a mean-spirited c**t who deserves the mockery and abuse she deliberately brought upon herself with her own viciousness and cruelty. If she never gets to maintain a career if publications are clearly shown, with her own social media activities, because they choose that they don't want to be associated with anyone like her then so be it. She had the choice to keep her mouth shut about a tragedy that didn't have the slightest thing to do with her repellent campus-grade politics. But she chose wrong, so too bad for her if she gets to spend the rest of her so-called career with consequences of her dumb decision shoved right up her ass.

rickc @ Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:20 pm

Thanos Thanos:
It had less to do with hockey than it did with the number of dead occurring in one horrible incident. No different than if something had happened at a school in a shooting or a fire. And their age too because they were all so damn young. The Loreto's of the world seem oblivious to this, given their mental disfunction that has them non-stop harping on this fucking chimera they've created of white and male "privilege", but a sudden mass loss of people that age is highly distressing, especially to anyone who has kids or grandkids of that age.

And Loreto isn't a victim of any sort. She's a mean-spirited c**t who deserves the mockery and abuse she deliberately brought upon herself with her own viciousness and cruelty. If she never gets to maintain a career if publications are clearly shown, with her own social media activities, because they choose that they don't want to be associated with anyone like her then so be it. She had the choice to keep her mouth shut about a tragedy that didn't have the slightest thing to do with her repellent campus-grade politics. But she chose wrong, so too bad for her if she gets to spend the rest of her so-called career with consequences of her dumb decision shoved right up her ass.

R=UP R=UP R=UP
You pretty much knocked it out of the park with that post. Best post of the thread so far!

rickc @ Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:28 am

Miss Loreto mentioned three factors as to why the level of donations were so high. I agree with the youthfulness part. It is a far greater tragedy when a bus full of young children get killed then when a bus full of geriatrics in their 90's get killed. Most people in their 90's would agree with that statement. It is every parents worst nightmare for their children to pass before them. The other two factors (the maleness and the whiteness) are total horseshit. The left wants to make everything about white male privilege. Miss Loreto pissed off a lot of left wingers who happened to be parents with her insensitive political bullshit. This tragedy has everything to do about children, and absolutely nothing to do with maleness or whiteness. Hockey may have had something to do with the level of donations as there were a couple of days left in the regular season when the tragedy happened. Teams at all levels (professional and amateur) had a chance to put together fundraisers. It is natural for people involved in a community to care about their community. Parents of children athletes all know about the sacrifices involved. The long hours of practices, the 7 a.m. games to save money on ice time, long commutes to games, the high cost of equipment, etc., etc..

Miss Loreto was complaining about the unfairness of all these financial donations going to the Humboldt Broncos tragedy, those young white males. If only we could be so generous with our money when it cane to women and minorities. Miss Loreto should pull her head out of her ass. The Humboldt tragedy is the second largest fundraiser held on gofundme coming in at around 15 million raised. The largest fundraiser ever was for Times up legal defense fund coming in at 21.5million. What was the times up legal defense fund you ask? Well that would be set up by the National Women's Law Center to assist WOMEN (those people that we supposedly do not care about) in fighting sexual misconduct in the workplace. Miss Loreto claims that we do not care about women. We turn our backs on them. yet we have some how managed to raise more money for a woman's cause than any other cause. These causes include people being senselessly cut down at nightclubs in Orlando, concerts in Las Vegas, schools in Florida, children on a bus, etc., etc.. Miss Loreto is so full of shit her eyes are brown. She fully deserves all the scorn that is heaped on her pathetic ass.

JaredMilne @ Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:44 am

rickc rickc:
Miss Loreto was complaining about the unfairness of all these financial donations going to the Humboldt Broncos tragedy, those young white males. If only we could be so generous with our money when it cane to women and minorities. Miss Loreto should pull her head out of her ass. The Humboldt tragedy is the second largest fundraiser held on gofundme coming in at around 15 million raised. The largest fundraiser ever was for Times up legal defense fund coming in at 21.5million. What was the times up legal defense fund you ask? Well that would be set up by the National Women's Law Center to assist WOMEN (those people that we supposedly do not care about) in fighting sexual misconduct in the workplace. Miss Loreto claims that we do not care about women. We turn our backs on them. yet we have some how managed to raise more money for a woman's cause than any other cause. These causes include people being senselessly cut down at nightclubs in Orlando, concerts in Las Vegas, schools in Florida, children on a bus, etc., etc.. Miss Loreto is so full of shit her eyes are brown. She fully deserves all the scorn that is heaped on her pathetic ass.

What Miss Loreto and her defenders also seem to have forgotten (or maybe prefer not to mention) is how much support Canadians have been known to give to countries full of brown people.

Like the $220 million Canadians gave to Haiti after its 2010 earthquake.

Or the nearly $47 million donated to help Pakistan that same year after its flooding.

And how about the $70 million donated for drought relief in east Africa?

Note that in all three cases, the Stephen Harper government matched the private donations given with additional taxpayer money. I can't seem to recall anyone complaining about it.

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:

Bad comparison. Levant actually is a free speech advocate and the things he says that get him into trouble like bad mouthing favored progressives (Soros, Suzuki) or critiquing Islam are issues that also have support.

Loreto is being ugly without any compensatory factors.

When Ezra may have gone too far like suggesting Canada had a gypsy problem, he apologized. Nora might want to try that.

Ezra fired a reporter who he believed got too radical.

Perhaps Macleans or whoever might want to try that.

It's one thing to criticize somebody like George Soros for his political donations. It's quite another to accuse him of having been a Nazi collaborator as a child.

Levant can criticize Justin Trudeau's policy decisions all he likes, but going off on an unhinged rant about the Trudeau family's sex habits based on his conduct at a wedding, where both the bride and the father of the groom called Levant out on his BS, is something else.

It's fair game to criticize the practices of Islam. Making up nonsense about allegedly allowing Muslim students to opt out of Remembrance Day ceremonies, when it was actually a response to parents' safety concerns about kids assembling in public places is not.

Freakinoldguy @ Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:03 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
Tricks Tricks:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:
of internet history
$1:

Um I dunno we might have a swim team in every town. Swimming is not that obscure.

But what difference would that make anyway? Hockey player deaths are not more tragic than swimmers deaths.

I guess we'll have to wait till a swim team on a bus trip gets broadsided by a transport truck and has 16 die before we can test your theory.

But you're right nobody's death in a situation like this should be anymore tragic than anyone else's. It probably just hits home more because it happened in Canada, happened to the type of kids we all know and because these kids represented the potential we hope all our kids have.

Well all that and the fact that the media, both mainstream and social turned it into a circus that went world wide and tugged at the heartstrings of people everywhere. Which is fine because if we as a species ever needed anything to remind us of our humanity maybe the death of these kids was it.

But for Nora Loreto to say this outpouring of sympathy and grief is only because these kids were privileged and white is utter vindictive bullshit and just a ploy to further her anti white male agenda. But, given the world (which isn't all white and male) response to the tragedy it's apparent that the untimely death of these children trumps any racist, misandrous hate speech she's trying to cloak with the term "free speech".

Previous  1  2  3  4  Next