Canada Kicks Ass
Holy Crap!!

karra @ Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:39 pm

$1:
MATTERS OF LIFE AND DEATH
Aborted baby's head left inside woman
Couple horrified to find face of child after returning home

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: August 19, 2004
1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

A British hospital is now investigating the case of a woman who had an abortion, but then was shocked to find out the head of her unborn baby had been left inside her.

Davina Chambers, 29, became pregnant this year with her fourth child, but she had just been diagnosed with autoimmune hepatitis, a disease eating away at her liver.

"In January, I was a patient at King's College Hospital because I was jaundiced," Chambers told the Voice, which bills itself as Britain's best black newspaper. "The doctors wanted me to stay in the hospital, but after a week I told them that they had to let me out because I had to go home to take care of my three children. My children have always been my priorities. They're my angels."

Chambers became an outpatient at the facility, going in for checkups every two weeks as she needed continual monitoring.

It was during routine medical tests she discovered she was 12 weeks pregnant.

"At the time I was taking eight tablets a day and had all this radiation from the scans, so I couldn't believe that I could be pregnant," she told the paper.

Chambers made the difficult decision to have an abortion.

"I started thinking about it. Here I am very ill, already with three children, and I was very depressed because of the medication I was on."

She was booked into the hospital for the procedure, and even chose to have a coil contraceptive inserted to prevent any future pregnancies.

"When I woke up on the ward, they said that I had had three scans and everything was fine," she told the Voice.

But once she returned home, an unseemly problem began to make itself known.

Davina Chambers and the face of her unborn child (courtesy: The Voice)

"At midnight, my ex-partner knocked on the door to check if I was all right. ... I went to the bathroom and as I was sitting there, I just felt something slip out of me as if I had just given birth. I looked in the toilet and saw this lump that seemed to have a bone in it. So I showed it to my former partner."

The couple realized they were looking at the face of their unborn child, seeing the eyes, nose, mouth and ears. The tiny head measured no more than 4 centimeters.

"We just broke down and cried at what we were seeing. We couldn't believe it," Chambers sobbed to the paper.

"I phoned an ambulance and they took me to the hospital to make sure that no other parts were left inside of me. They said I could have died if it had stayed inside me."

She was able to discuss the situation with the doctor who had performed her abortion.

"He leaned over my bedside and said, 'I am so sorry. In all the procedures I've done, I've never come across this,'" she said. "He even tried to take the head away, but I said I wanted to keep it because we wanted to have a proper burial."

A distraught Chambers is now seeking legal advice on what to do next.

"I feel as if I'm going insane now; I can't just let this happen to me," she said.

A spokeswoman for King's College Hospital told the Voice: "We are aware of this patient and we did receive a complaint. We are now investigating but we cannot release any information until our investigation is complete."

Link

xerxes @ Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:17 pm

Smells like a perfect malpractice suit case.

Indelible @ Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:20 pm

that is absolutely sick and twisted.
how sadistic have we become, that we dismember babies... could you imagine finding the head of an adult much less having one come out of you?
abortion ought to be outlawed.
there is no grey area in this at all. abortion is wrong.

Ralph @ Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:30 pm

Tut Tut Tut.
[B]No gray area???[/B]

There are millions upon millions that would disagree with you on that one.
Mother of six having a breach birth of twins if they don't operate both the twins will die along with the mother. If they operate one of the twins will die one will live and seven children will have a mother?
Your call Doc.

Indelible @ Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:47 pm

look, i'm no doctor, and i don't mean to sound callous, but don't you think it would be best to operate in that situation? if you don't, you lose all three. if you abort, then you lose 2...but if you operate you only lose one....its not an easy decision but still......

Indelible @ Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:49 pm

the worst thing about abortion in canada is that the government pays for it.

government funded murder.
absolutely sickening.

Ralph @ Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:17 pm

You can say what you will, but that GRAY AREA still exists.
I could go on and on with other scenarios but I am not foolish enough to think I could change an anti abortionist mind with a short few lines.

I think it would be my position that if you have a set of balls you really don’t have all that much to say about it.

Then you would come back with some story about a father and son thing that would REALLY break my hart.

I think that each case should be judged on its own merit
Please God help them to chose well.

Indelible @ Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:53 pm

$1:
I could go on and on with other scenarios but I am not foolish enough to think I could change an anti abortionist mind with a short few lines.

you're right. you can't change my mind.

$1:
I think it would be my position that if you have a set of balls you really don’t have all that much to say about it.

this part i can't agree with. as a man, i can't choose to have an abortion or not, but gender makes no difference when you are trying to change s system or a policy or a law. if there are enough people, men or women, who are against abortion, then justice will be done.

$1:
I think that each case should be judged on its own merit

you are entitled to an opinion, i suppose, but then so am i.....

DMP08 @ Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:06 am

That would scare the SH*T outta me! Especially if it was me cause I'm a guy! I can see this turning into a topic about what people think about abortions. So I may as well state my opinion here.

I belive people have the right to choose to an abortion. But I don't see it as right if people are using abortion rather than a condom or 'the pill' or any other contraceptive. Like, what if (not nice to think about it, but it happens) a women gets raped, is she supposed to have the mans child?

polemarch1 @ Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:35 am

She can give it up for adoption after. Punish the rapist not the child. An abortion in that case would be similar to if someone broke in and robbed your house. The police can't find the perp so they arrest you instead.

Indelible @ Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:16 am

how can any civilized human support the dismembrement of a baby? that is totally cruel. what is the maximum length of time after conception to have an abortion? isn't it like 14 weeks? well, anyway, in the article above, the baby had parts.....a head, arms, legs. you would think that by that time the baby would also have a nervous system as well. none of you (and niether do i) know how painful being dismembred is. why don't we pull your legs and arms off and then we'll see what you think of abortion.

pro abortionists are fucking sick!

karra @ Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:57 am

Easy to say Indelible - when you're a member of the homo sapien male species, no?

Ralph @ Sat Aug 21, 2004 2:32 pm

you're right. you can't change my mind.

A closed mind has difficulty absorbing any new ideas.

I would like to remind you that I am not Pro abortion
Nor am I anti abortion .
I will try to keep an opened mind , that can be changed as I see fit.
In a case by case bases

I don’t like killing and think that it is wrong.
But if someone were to lay a hand on my family I would without a second thought KILL that person…Flexible mind. Not unchangeable
:wink:

Indelible @ Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:02 pm

easy to say as a homosapien, as a human, yes. it doesn't matter that i'm male. dismembering babies is repulsive.

some things i am open minded about, but IMO this is one thing that can't be a matter that i waiver on. killing is wrong. there is no need for it. violence begets more violence.

karra @ Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:53 pm

$1:
it doesn't matter that i'm male.

For fear of repeating myself. . . .

$1:
Easy to say Indelible - when you're a member of the homo sapien male species, no?

Either you still don't get it or . . . . you choose not to.