Canada Kicks Ass
How did you hear about the site?

1  2  Next

KevinGagnon @ Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:12 am

Its been a while, can't even remember now. :)

glip @ Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:43 am

I'm not sure, but I think it might have been a link off another Canadian issues site.

Kory Yamashita @ Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:21 pm

ditto.. I'm pretty sure I discovered it while doing some follow ups to the CAP essay contest. -KY

whelan costen @ Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:02 pm

I heard about it from Mel Hurtig, early in 2003, and I'm glad he told me about it. I love it and the information and views are priceless.

Dr Caleb @ Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:54 pm

I think I saw a link in 4Canada's sig, or in a reply to one of my comments on another site. Ethier Kuro5hin or Gauntlet.ca. Can't remember, slept since then. :roll:

N Say @ Fri Mar 12, 2004 4:36 pm

I got a link in one of Mel Hurtig's emails.

Reverend Blair @ Fri Mar 12, 2004 4:39 pm

Somebody linked to one of the stories from another site, or maybe sent me an e-mail.

sthompson @ Fri Mar 12, 2004 4:59 pm

Rev, <i>I</i> emailed you and asked you to be a columnist, based on your posts to I Can Gripe.com!

tifani @ Fri Mar 12, 2004 9:33 pm

There was a newspaper article a while back, about some action Vive was urging, think about the whole census and Lockheed Martin thing, and I thought it was great so I checked the site out.

Reverend Blair @ Sat Mar 13, 2004 1:06 am

You did, Susan. I was pretty damned flattered too, and remain indebted. That wasn't my first time to this site though. Somebody...I'm pretty sure it was a guy who calls himself Pentax over at Gripe, but couldn't guarantee it...sent me here for something. Like I said it was a link or an e-mail or something. Whatever it was, it must have been good or I wouldn't remember at all Then came Susan's e-mail. I asked what it paid, she said it didn't. I looked at the place a little more closely and thought, "Hey, this place is cool." I guess what impressed me in the first place me was that the site was unabashedly Canadian. No apologies, no conditions.

4Canada @ Sat Mar 13, 2004 2:41 am

It was April 2003. I can't remember the site I was on but there was "A Diplomatic Memo" to Paul Cellucci from Silver Donald Cameron posted and Vive was connected to it somehow. After reading the unforgettable letter I was curious as to who or what "Vive le Canada" was about. I wonder if Donald Silver Cameron would be interested in submitting something of his once in a while to Vive? Should we ask him?

whelan costen @ Sun Mar 14, 2004 8:32 pm

That question about Silver Donald Cameron is a good one, but it makes me also think, what if we asked someone from Ottawa or not Ottawa, but from the Federal government, to submit something because we as Canadians will be voting etc. It ties in with Jim's other remark about having an insider, if someone was invited to submit a politcal view let's say, they would naturally want to see our comments and might take a look around at other submissions. This might serve as our inside voice, in reverse. Perhaps we could invite someone from every party, let them tell us how they stand for Canada. Just a thought...

Kory Yamashita @ Sun Mar 14, 2004 9:42 pm

Whelan, I think that thought is worthy of a post in the suggestion box on the main site. That way it'll get a bit more attention.

Jim Callaghan @ Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:02 pm

Another way of getting an insider onside would be to find a corporation that isn't hell bent on Americanizing our country, and have them talk to their political buddies. It works for all CEO's so all we have to do is find one or two that lean to our way of thinking. The average CEO is in contact with the politicians about 20% of their working time, that's what they do best. B)

Jim Callaghan @ Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:05 pm

I belong to Fair Vote Canada and they told me if it isn't related to voting systems, I should come here to rant. So there you go. :D

1  2  Next