Canada Kicks Ass
I'm a US military vet, and I feel afraid in my own country

ShepherdsDog @ Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:40 am

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/10/opinions/ ... index.html

$1:
In 2004, I was traveling through Atlanta's international airport while in uniform and was held for a special screening and pat down. My white peers, also in uniform, were upgraded to first class for being in uniform. That stung. My uniform, the willingness to make the ultimate sacrifice, was not seen by the civilian sector. I was viewed as a threat then, and these days I am seen as an even bigger threat.

Some inbred cracker likely figured since she was brown she had to be a Moooslim.

DrCaleb @ Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:58 am

It's the radical Mooslims they have a problem with. I'm sure it was just a misunderstanding.

Every day . . for the last umpteen years . . .

BartSimpson @ Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:15 am

I've been pulled aside for screening when coming back from the sandbox. The pat down was never permitted and I never allowed myself to be disarmed. Had the TSA ever forced the issue then my fellow Marines would have hit them like a bag of hammers.

The young lady in this article is Army. The Army pukes don't have the same unit cohesion as Marines do so it's no surprise that she got stopped and her friends didn't give a fuck about her.

My advice to her? Join the Corps.

Freakinoldguy @ Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:13 am

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/10/opinions/9-11-veteran-fears-opinion-venkatesan/index.html

$1:
In 2004, I was traveling through Atlanta's international airport while in uniform and was held for a special screening and pat down. My white peers, also in uniform, were upgraded to first class for being in uniform. That stung. My uniform, the willingness to make the ultimate sacrifice, was not seen by the civilian sector. I was viewed as a threat then, and these days I am seen as an even bigger threat.

Some inbred cracker likely figured since she was brown she had to be a Moooslim.

So why did it take 13 years for her to come forward and complain? Seems to me the time to bitch about it was 13 years ago because there's sweet fuck all anyone can do for her now and if true the assholes who screened her have probably been shit caned or at least beaten within an inch of their lives for fucking with people in uniform.

But, before anyone goes off the rails about this I'd like to remind them that we as Sailors used to get spit on and called all kinds of vile names just because we wore a military uniform in the 60's and early 70's. Hell we even got that kind of treatment at Remembrance Day Ceremonies which makes you wonder what makes people tick because those same assholes are now running around with

cadpat_AW_magnet_ribbon_lg.jpg
cadpat_AW_magnet_ribbon_lg.jpg [ 172.94 KiB | Viewed 235 times ]

on their bumpers.

herbie @ Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:27 pm

Because if he takes off her uniform, she's still brown. And the racists were demonstrating nearby.
You just watched some stupid bitch railing against Singh at the NDP leadership... FFS someone who thinks she's a Canadian and can't tell what a Sikh is. Even though she's probably bitched about them nonstop since 1974...