Canada Kicks Ass
I’m Not Scared to Reenter Society...

Previous  1  2

llama66 @ Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:10 am

Bud, I was being sarcastic. I don't care in the least about what you prattle on about. I've lost so much respect for what you have to say.

Remember: you are most proud before the fall, you need to learn humility.

DrCaleb @ Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:42 am

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
At times like these where a lot of people will shut themselves down and hide, it becomes that much more important for the strong-minded and strong-willed to forge ahead.

You assume that protecting others by avoiding contact is 'hiding', and requires no strength or discipline. Avoiding parents and friends for more than a year requires a great deal of self control.

bootlegga @ Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:26 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
At times like these where a lot of people will shut themselves down and hide, it becomes that much more important for the strong-minded and strong-willed to forge ahead.

You assume that protecting others by avoiding contact is 'hiding', and requires no strength or discipline. Avoiding parents and friends for more than a year requires a great deal of self control.

Yep, there have been so many times when I wanted to have family over for a BBQ or celebrate a holiday together. Or go to a movie theatre or do a thousand other things.

But my daughter comes before a fucking taco or movie or vacation or anything else.

Maybe someday when he actually has something to lose he'll understand why the rest of us made so many sacrifices for so long. Then again, maybe he'll say the vain and selfish jackass he acts like here on CKA.

herbie @ Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:55 am

rickc rickc:
It means that a lot of us are not ready to go back to the daily soap opera that was life before the shutdown. The daily drama, the office politics, the gossiping, the backstabbing, the ass kissing, the gridlocked commutes,the endless sea of unwashed humanity at the grocery store, the de-evolution that was Walmart at full capacity. Some of us have made the decision to never return to that world ever again.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/20 ... 142830001/

Jeez, rickc... the wife's an essential worker at a big chain grocery store. That shit never stopped, I always have to pour her a coffee after work and listen to that shit every day.
She's gonna retire soon and what really worries me is WTF will we have to talk to each other about.... the dog, the cat, the grandkids... :-)

Strutz @ Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:10 pm

Well I sure haven't been hiding. I've still worked 5 days/week during this whole thing and due to staff shortages haven't even taken any time off at all. Not that there would have been any point as with the restrictions it's not like we could have travelled anywhere anyway.

Working essential retail, I've had to deal with the 2 extremes of people as well. Those that exhibited absolute fear of being in a public place and a few of those who ranted about the mask issue and that this whole thing was total bs. So many times by the end of my week I'm so peopled out that mostly I've spent my 2 off days at home.

Though we rarely dined out even before the pandemic I do miss the occasional getting together with friends for dinner and going to our local pub to watch hockey or football and chat with other regular patrons and play a little keno for entertainment.

I miss the local events and festivals that we enjoyed attending so much that were all cancelled last year and seem to be this year as well. I have hope that this fall we will be able to go to a BC Lions game as we really missed attending games last season.

We want to travel to Vancouver Island so we can visit our family members and friends who live in several locations from Victoria to Campbell River. We also have friends we would like to see in the interior as well.

Previous  1  2