Canada Kicks Ass
I want one...

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 ... 15  Next

housewife @ Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:40 pm

Hyack he would want that too. He would take it to gilwell and be the envy of all the other scout leaders

Hyack @ Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:09 pm

housewife housewife:
Hyack he would want that too. He would take it to gilwell and be the envy of all the other scout leaders

Sorry darlin' you'll never see me in a "campsite", especially a provincial one, in my rig now, unless I truly can't find ANYWHERE else to drop the tailgate! My idea of camping is being somewhere in the bush where ain't nobody else at or within 5 miles in any direction!!!

Winnipegger @ Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:10 am

Home distiller. Can turn a gallon of beer into a bottle of whiskey. Or wine into brandy. Imported from New Zealand, where home distilling is legal. Actually, home distilling is legal in Manitoba, but the MLCC thinks any regulation they concoct is a law. MLCC wants everyone to buy booze from them, and claims it's illegal to home distil. I heard a rumour that MLCC claims anyone caught home distilling has to pay MLCC what they would have received in corporate profits. But MLCC is a crown corporation, emphasis on "corporation". They aren't the government, and don't have authoritity to make laws. There's no law that allows that.

I have an idea for a new beverage, I would like to try. Sweet potatoes with red currants, distilled like whiskey so the flavour stays. Vodka is usually triple distilled so any flavour is gone, then water added to reduce alcohol to 40%. And use "turbo yeast" which has an enzyme to break down starch into sugar, distiller's yeast that can withstand 20% alcohol before distilling. If you do all that, this home distiller can concentrate it to 60% alcohol in one pass. I would call it "Klingon blood wine".

One home brew supply store in Winnipeg is selling these. It's sold as a "water distiller". That is a valid use for it. Those with sleep apnea can use something called a CPAP machine for sleep. My sister's husband has one. It needs distilled water. This machine can distil tap water, so it reduces the cost of operating the CPAP. But I don't have sleep apnea, I want one for it's designed purpose.

Can't afford it right now, and scared to get in trouble with the MLCC. Don't have money to challenge them in court. Prohibition existing in Manitoba from 1916 - 1921. There has not been any law against home distilling since prohibition ended in 1921. But the police didn't allow people to even home brew wine or beer until a businessman took it to court in 1967. Someone has to take it to court again. I'll let the store owner do that. Wait until the legal dust settles.

DrCaleb @ Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:44 am

Hyack Hyack:
housewife housewife:
hubby wants one of these...

2013-06-07 10.11.17.jpg

I just want the time to get my hand crank sewing machine working or a new belt for my tredle

I think this would save you some sewing.....

Damn! That would be an awesome hunting rig!

Regina @ Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:06 am

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
What happened....were the mods in the watch tower again cleaning the belfry of batsies?

Clean up.........aisle 5. 8)

Jabberwalker @ Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:04 pm

... spilled lime juice, again.

raydan @ Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:26 pm

JPS Labs Abyss AB-1266 Planar Magnetic Headphones ($5495) [drool]

raydan @ Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:40 pm

The Suitsy...like a onesie, for men. 8O

DrCaleb @ Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:06 am

My Christmas bonus will be very generous this year, so I might just get myself both of those planes!!

[B-o]

Regina @ Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:52 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
My Christmas bonus will be very generous this year, so I might just get myself both of those planes!!

[B-o]

Planes?? What planes??? [drool]

DrCaleb @ Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:57 am

Not aircraft Reg! :lol: Wood planes, at the beginning of the thread:

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
raydan raydan:

I'll start... the Veritas Bevel-Up Jack Rabbet Plane

Actually . . .I've been wanting one of those since they introduced them a couple years back.

The shooting plane: [drool]

And a Bronze coffin body smooth plane. But I'm convinced I'll have to make my own before I can afford them.

Regina @ Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:42 pm

Oh........those planes. :cry:

Tyler_1 @ Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:45 pm

I thought it was planes too and I scrolled up to see them and then remembered the things about the wood. :D

Regina @ Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:46 pm

:lol: :lol:

DrCaleb @ Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:53 pm

Homonyms. :(

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 ... 15  Next