Canada Kicks Ass
Learn more about Quebec!

Previous  1  2

polemarch1 @ Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:22 pm

This from someone who advocates a course of action that will probably lead to civil war.

Swamperz @ Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:47 pm

-Mario- -Mario-:
Swamperz Swamperz:
Let Quebec seperate.....The french are ignorant people that think they can do better without Canada. Yet they beg Alberta for money. Let them go.(Thank Christ Cretian is gone to bad we have another Frenchman leading us) GOOOOO GST and GOOOOO GUN REGISTRATION...Stupid plain stupid....F'n liberals are gonna kill this country.And the Blockheads well they have no say in my books.

Not all of us... 22% of Canadians are French, and only 49% (of 6 millions) voted for the separation. As of the French Canadian PMs, the Canadian people put them in power. Diefenbaker was English...

-M-

Thats the problem too many of the canadian votes come from the east where everyone has no idea what real government is. They all think liberal...Well the government has been foobar for a very long time. Would be nice to make a change since the government we have now and did have haven't fixed anything. We're gonna be a 3rd world country if Liberals keep staying in office.And if 49% want to seperate thats enough for me to say goodbye to Quebec. And a big lol to the post b4 this one about the newfs good post man.

-Mario- @ Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:31 am

Swamperz Swamperz:
-Mario- -Mario-:
Swamperz Swamperz:
Let Quebec seperate.....The french are ignorant people that think they can do better without Canada. Yet they beg Alberta for money. Let them go.(Thank Christ Cretian is gone to bad we have another Frenchman leading us) GOOOOO GST and GOOOOO GUN REGISTRATION...Stupid plain stupid....F'n liberals are gonna kill this country.And the Blockheads well they have no say in my books.

Not all of us... 22% of Canadians are French, and only 49% (of 6 millions) voted for the separation. As of the French Canadian PMs, the Canadian people put them in power. Diefenbaker was English...

-M-

Thats the problem too many of the canadian votes come from the east where everyone has no idea what real government is. They all think liberal...Well the government has been foobar for a very long time. Would be nice to make a change since the government we have now and did have haven't fixed anything. We're gonna be a 3rd world country if Liberals keep staying in office.And if 49% want to seperate thats enough for me to say goodbye to Quebec. And a big lol to the post b4 this one about the newfs good post man.

And where are you from?

mike2277 @ Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:40 am

I was misled. The subject line of this thread is "Learn more about Quebec". It should be "Learn more about the PQ and Separation". I already know far more than I care to about that!

I read the whole thing anyway. That's five minutes of my life I'll never get back.

mike2277 @ Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:45 am

Oops.........double post.

AdamNF @ Fri Aug 06, 2004 1:52 pm

Traitors not welcome in Canada

Civl war eh, i'll help fight those cheese eating hairdressers.

Swamperz @ Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:28 pm

Live in Alberta Mario. What difference does that make, the liberals are still gonna run this country into the ground. I was born and raised in Saskatchewan where the NDP's f*cked up the province(not all thier fault). Now I see Liberals thinking the same way and it scares the sh!t outta me. I know Alberta has alot of money but what Ralf Klien has done is nothing but impressive.We/Alberta is outta debt. Had a guy the other day say to me...the only reason Klien is in office is cause he gives the majority of the people what they want... I said and ya. He says to me thats the only reason he is in office, and I said ya. This guy was a liberal.This is how liberal peep think or atleast him. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PC

-Mario- @ Fri Aug 13, 2004 4:14 am

The problem is that this country is almost too big for its population. The majority of the population is in Ontario. So usually we already know who is gonna be in power after Ontario is done voting. I disagreed with Preston idea at first. I seriously though that he would be a serious threat to Canada. If one man could have divided this country, he was the man. I remember a cartoon in the Halifax herald, where you would see Lucien Bouchard cutting away Quebec from the Atlantic provinces and you could see Preston cutting Quebec at the Ontario border. I just realize now that the man was just expressing the west frustrations.

Back to the liberals, I don't think they will put this country to the ground. They adapt their policies to fit the Ontarian population. Maybe YOU should come live in the Atlantic provinces. See how it really is. It's not just fishermen trying to collect welfare after they are done the fishing season and made 50K plus. The Atlantic provinces really feel that nobody listens to them. And for Ralph, he does know what people want. Give them a pile of money right before the election, no pst. I would elect him. How is the school system in Alberta? How is social aid, How is medicare down your way??? Probably the same as the rest of this country. And now that Alberta is debt free, what are you gonna invest the rest of the money. Also how much oil is left?

Rev_Blair @ Fri Aug 13, 2004 6:31 am

$1:
I was born and raised in Saskatchewan where the NDP's f*cked up the province(not all thier fault).

Funny, I was born and raised in Saskatchwan too, still have friends and relatives there.

The province was in the black before Grant Devine and his Conservatives took over. It's been doing better since they were booted out and the party collapsed in a heap of criminality.

Federally...It was Stephen Harper who stood up and refused to answer agricultural questions in Saskatoon. It was the Reform/Alliance/Conservatives who refused to fine Cargill for being in contempt of parliament. It is the Conservatives who oppose keeping any more of Monsanto's GM crops out of the country, even after the Percy Schmeiser debacle. It is the Conservatives who back policies that are killing small towns.

Overall I'd have to say that the Conservatives have been pretty weak on Saskatchewan's issues...even weaker than the Liberals. The same goes here in Manitoba and in the non-oil rich parts of Alerta.

Andem @ Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:30 am

I'm going to just have to step in here to post my opinions.

Ok. Let's just get this down, Québec is not French. There's propaganda run by the Quebec tourism promoting Quebec in France. No, No, No! I know several people (including my lover) who came from France to Québec and it's not French. So anyone suggest Québec join France, forget it. (I can't stop remembering hearing "What the hell is Ostie Câliss???!!" so often).

Now. Next point, is that the first post in this topic is pure propaganda from the Parti Québécois. The majority of the party is quite misinformed and 90% of the people who join it, don't ever get the whole picture. (Subsequently, that same 90% hate Toronto yet have never even visited the city.

The other thing I saw here was Québec media complaining about the state of Halifax. I'm sorry, but when you have roads that are falling apart and an infrastructure that is caving in in general, you have to wonder who they are to speak. (Additionally, I was on the metro a few days ago and I saw an ad about the improvement of the STM by federal money. Why the hell isn't the TTC getting upgrades or atleast maitenance work??).

Separatism... No way. It has already killed half of the province's financial situation over the past decade, anymore and Québec would literally cave in within a year of sucession.

For the record, I love Québec; but one has to look at reality and it's on a downward spiral. Keep it up separatists!

Ralph @ Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:48 pm

It wants the government to be able to legitimately promote and defend the interests of the Québec people,
Only the French and people that agree with soventery interests

1994, the Parti Québécois regained power and in 1995 held another referendum, where the support for sovereignty climbed to 49.4%.
By stealing votes right out of the ballot box and cheating as badly as the Feds did thats how you got 49.4%

It has also attempted to intimidate the Québec population by threatening not to recognize any future referendum result, notwithstanding the fact that Québec's democratic

Once again the only ones that felt threatened were the soventrist not the rest of the people who were in the vast majority and voted so Even if there votes were stolen .

Québec nationalism is not ethnic but civic. All citizens residing on Québec territory are Quebeckers.

Tell that to the poor old plumber that had his bissness threatened Tell that to the pet store owners that got fined because one of there parrots spoke English Tell that to the rest of the English biasness that can’t use there names because the Language Police came after them

Democracy and social justice
I repeat Language Police where is the freedom or respect towards the English people who founded and developed many of the towns villages cities in the province where is the social justice?

Exkus912 @ Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:05 pm

I personally feel that those old fights are just ridiculous. I don't see what is the purpose to have huge countries with as much diversities and fights and people that don't like each other as Canada and the United-States. For the sake of this discussion I will refer to Canada only (given the fact that the identity problem is also present in the US).

Firstly if we evolved a little bit we would realize that being able to speak 2 languages perfectly is an asset, not a handicap.

Secondly the need for huge countries are not pertinent anymore since globalization is a part of our reality. Therefore why not to form small states such as the Netherlands, Switzerland etc. All people share the same roots there, they all embrace the same values. Let’s face it, Canada as a whole does not have the same views. The election results are the more powerful argument of my claim; Atlantic area-NPD, Quebec-Bloc/Liberals, Ontario-Liberals, the rest of Canada-Liberals and Conservatives. Having a small state means less disagreements, more cooperation, less bureaucracy (which is one of Canada's biggest problem) and more happiness to everyone on the whole. I mean why are the provinces still united? We don't have no army any more. Our country is a faggot on the international scene.

In summary, Quebecers who don't care about English are retarded so are all the Canadians who don't like French. LETS EVOLVE FOR HITLER'S SAKE. If this cultural war is to last let’s all separate. Otherwise let’s look at a more comprehensive and intelligent future and let Canada be a mix of two cultures (from the Atlantic to the Pacific). All English speakers should be able to speak French and all French speakers should be able to speak English.

I guess my point is that this country ain't a country until all the people respect and like each other. Let’s face the only thing that can unite this nation is bilingualism. (By the big bravo to New-Brunswick the most evolved province of Canada).

NB Fuck Don Cherry. He's a looser. He never won a Stanley Cup, neither as a player nor as a coach. So what do you know about hokey mother fucker.

Previous  1  2