Canada Kicks Ass
Mass shooting at Texas church..27 reported dead

Previous  1 ... 5  6  7  8  9  Next

BartSimpson @ Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:00 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Riiiight. Chicago's gun laws would work if only the criminals didn't ignore their laws.

Fucking hell, you assholes are stupid. :roll:

You ain't exactly no intellectual giant yourself. :D

I have my moments.

BeaverFever @ Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:55 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Riiiight. Chicago's gun laws would work if only the criminals didn't ignore their laws.

Nowhere does it say anything like that. Did you even read the article?

Your article blames other states for the gun problems in Chicago. Any guns sold anywhere only make their way into Chicago in violation of Chicago's laws.

So like I said: Chicago's gun laws would work if only the criminals didn't ignore their laws.

Chicagos gun laws would work if only they were everywhere instead of just in Chicago.

BeaverFever @ Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:42 pm

$1:

Texas church gunman once escaped from mental health centre: police report

The gunman who killed 26 people at a small-town Texas church was treated at a mental health centre in New Mexico and briefly escaped in 2012, according to a police report.

Devin Patrick Kelley was also caught trying to bring guns onto Holloman Air Force Base in New Mexico when he was stationed there, according to an El Paso police report obtained by several media outlets.

Kelley, who was 21 at the time, had made death threats against superior officers, the report said.

He was committed to a mental health facility in Santa Teresa, N.M., but at some point escaped and was later found by police at a bus station in downtown El Paso in June 2012.

....Kelley had a history of domestic violence that spanned years before the attack and was able buy weapons because the Air Force did not submit his criminal history from his time in the military to the FBI, as required by military rules.

If Kelley's past offences had been properly shared, they would have prevented him from buying a gun, the Air Force acknowledged Monday.

Threatening messages

Investigators also revealed that Kelley had sent threatening text messages to his mother-in-law, a member of the church, before the attack, and that sheriff's deputies had responded to a domestic violence call in 2014 at his home involving a girlfriend who became his second wife.

Later that year, he was formally ousted from the Air Force for a 2012 assault on his ex-wife in which he choked her and struck her son hard enough to fracture his skull....

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/world/texas ... -1.4391792

This is EXACTLY what gun control laws in Canada prevent from happening. Not only would he not have been able to buy a gun in Canada but thanks to the gun registry, any guns he owned would have been forfeited as soon as the mental health or domestic violence incident happened years ago.

Instead Americans get “Price of Freedom “

Thanos @ Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:48 pm

Just like I said on the first page. The same ones that don't want to do anything about gun violence are also the same ones that refuse to do something about the mental health disaster that's been going on for at least forty years ever since the governments got rid of the asylums for the dangerously unbalanced, dumped the crazies out in the general public, and went with pharmaceuticals that may or may not work instead. This Kelley monster is turning out to be another Jared Laughner, another psycho that had all the markers throughout his life of being incredibly dangerous but no one could be bothered to do anything to either help him or stop him from eventually exploding.

rickc @ Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:00 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
$1:

Texas church gunman once escaped from mental health centre: police report

The gunman who killed 26 people at a small-town Texas church was treated at a mental health centre in New Mexico and briefly escaped in 2012, according to a police report.

Devin Patrick Kelley was also caught trying to bring guns onto Holloman Air Force Base in New Mexico when he was stationed there, according to an El Paso police report obtained by several media outlets.

Kelley, who was 21 at the time, had made death threats against superior officers, the report said.

He was committed to a mental health facility in Santa Teresa, N.M., but at some point escaped and was later found by police at a bus station in downtown El Paso in June 2012.

....Kelley had a history of domestic violence that spanned years before the attack and was able buy weapons because the Air Force did not submit his criminal history from his time in the military to the FBI, as required by military rules.

If Kelley's past offences had been properly shared, they would have prevented him from buying a gun, the Air Force acknowledged Monday.

Threatening messages

Investigators also revealed that Kelley had sent threatening text messages to his mother-in-law, a member of the church, before the attack, and that sheriff's deputies had responded to a domestic violence call in 2014 at his home involving a girlfriend who became his second wife.

Later that year, he was formally ousted from the Air Force for a 2012 assault on his ex-wife in which he choked her and struck her son hard enough to fracture his skull....

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/world/texas ... -1.4391792

This is EXACTLY what gun control laws in Canada prevent from happening. Not only would he not have been able to buy a gun in Canada but thanks to the gun registry, any guns he owned would have been forfeited as soon as the mental health or domestic violence incident happened years ago.

Instead Americans get “Price of Freedom “

This is what bothers me. You give us this smug "we Canadians are civilized" type of post. YOU have laws to protect you. We Americans are a selfish lawless lot. If only I would give up my firearms and let the government take over the protection of us all, we would be so much better off. I call bullshit!! First off, we have the exact same laws for preventing this individual from owning firearms as you do. Anyone who has been involuntarily committed to a mental institution is federally barred from buying firearms.
http://www.ncsl.org/research/civil-and- ... y-ill.aspx
The man escaped from a mental institution for Gods sake!!! There was definately paperwork generated if the police were chasing an escapee from a mental institution. The fact that he was convicted of domestic violence federaly prevented him from buying a firearm. The same laws that you have in Canada that you are espousing about preventing certain people from purchasing firearms, we have as well! Those laws failed! They failed big time! Who dropped the ball here? Me the selfish (law abiding citizen) who does not wish to give up his firearms, or the government who you want me to give up all control to in such matters? The government dropped the ball! The federal government fucked up. They did not do their job. They failed to release the fact that this man had been committed to a mental institution, and the fact that he had been convicted of domestic abuse. The state governments failed to report that someone had escaped from a mental institution. They fucked up. The state/county government failed to respond when the shit hit the fan and the shooting started, like they always do. Do some research into active shooter/police response times. They show up after the fact to fill out reports. Us selfish law abiding gun owners are NOT to blame for this incident. In fact armed law abiding citizens are the ones that brought a halt to the massacre. Its only because these people lived in a small law abiding town (where everyone knew each other) that this massacre happened. This was a town like Mayberry in the Andy Griffith Show. There was no real crime here. Speeding infractions and DUI's were as bad as it got. The fact that it was so safe is why no one was packing heat. There are hundreds of locations across Texas where if this had happened, the perp would have been riddled with hundreds of bullet holes seconds into the shooting.

Public_Domain @ Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:39 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Zipperfish Zipperfish:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:

I have my moments.

https://www.google.com.pg/patents/US5338913

I'm confused, are you saying you're one of the inventors?

rickc @ Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:15 pm

Public_Domain Public_Domain:

Off topic: good to see you back! Sorry for your loss. Thats a tough one for sure. I hope all is well with you otherwise.

Public_Domain @ Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:34 pm

rickc rickc:
Off topic: good to see you back! Sorry for your loss. Thats a tough one for sure. I hope all is well with you otherwise.

In general yes, thank you. It's nice coming back here now and then just to chat but taking breaks is sooooo niiiiice

BRAH @ Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:17 am

Thanos Thanos:
Just like I said on the first page. The same ones that don't want to do anything about gun violence are also the same ones that refuse to do something about the mental health disaster that's been going on for at least forty years ever since the governments got rid of the asylums for the dangerously unbalanced, dumped the crazies out in the general public, and went with pharmaceuticals that may or may not work instead. This Kelley monster is turning out to be another Jared Laughner, another psycho that had all the markers throughout his life of being incredibly dangerous but no one could be bothered to do anything to either help him or stop him from eventually exploding.

Texas Shooter's History Raises Questions About Mental Health And Mass Murder
$1:
Devin Kelley, the man we now know killed more than two dozen people at a Texas church on Sunday, escaped a mental health facility before the Air Force could try him on charges that he beat his wife and baby stepson back in 2012.

And President Trump, like many people before him, is pointing to mental health — not guns — as the cause of the church massacre.

"Mental health is your problem here. This was a very, based on preliminary reports, this was a very deranged individual, a lot of problems over a long period of time. We have a lot of mental health problems in our country, as do other countries," he said in a news conference in Japan on Monday.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2017/11/07/562546682/texas-shooters-history-raises-questions-about-mental-health-and-mass-murder

Correct me if I am wrong, Trump is the first POTUS to address mental health as the cause and the Left ripped him a new one because it dorsn't fit their political agenda.

BRAH @ Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:35 am

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
Tomi Lahren isn't even my favorite conservative hotty who makes cogent points on gun control.

Here's my personal fave by about five thumbs up.

And anytime anybody from Salon or the defunct Obama administration wants to debate Dana on the subject I'm buying extra popcorn.

Dana Loesch forced to move due to 'repeated threats from gun control advocates'
$1:
National Rifle Association spokesperson Dana Loesch said Sunday she was preparing to move from her home "due to repeated threats from gun control advocates."

In a series of tweets, Loesch explained some of the threats she has recently experienced.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/16/dana-loesch-forced-to-move-due-to-repeated-threats-from-gun-control-advocates.html

DrCaleb @ Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:51 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Zipperfish Zipperfish:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:

I have my moments.

https://www.google.com.pg/patents/US5338913

8O PDT_Armataz_01_34

Cool!

DrCaleb @ Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:56 am

He's mentioned his real name before. It's in that list of inventors.

A secondary check shows a person with the same name, with a relative named 'Lisa', who lives in Sacramento, CA. It's either a remarkable co-incidence, or true.

Thanos @ Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:06 am

BRAH BRAH:
Correct me if I am wrong, Trump is the first POTUS to address mental health as the cause and the Left ripped him a new one because it dorsn't fit their political agenda.

Let me know when Trump and the GOP commit a couple hundred billion to fixing the American mental health system and then I'll agree with you. Until then though it's just more of the same talk that happens in the aftermath of one of these shootings.

BartSimpson @ Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:17 am

I'm confused

I know. :wink:

raydan @ Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:54 pm

BRAH BRAH:
$1:
National Rifle Association spokesperson Dana Loesch said Sunday she was preparing to move from her home "due to repeated threats from gun control advocates."

In a series of tweets, Loesch explained some of the threats she has recently experienced.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/16/dana-loesch-forced-to-move-due-to-repeated-threats-from-gun-control-advocates.html

At least they don't have guns. :lol:

Previous  1 ... 5  6  7  8  9  Next