Canada Kicks Ass
Political Left / Right Test

Previous  1  2

ShepherdsDog @ Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:01 pm

Here's a Canadian one that is more in-depth. It actually asks your stance on political, economic and social issues, not if you like country over classical or books about music and sports. Click on other stances to get a wider selection of choices. You also get to choose how important that issue is in the greater scheme of things. It was my stance on health care isues, such as single-payer system, national prescription and dental coverage that gave me more of a left slant(1%).

https://canada.isidewith.com/political-quiz

Thanos @ Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:31 pm

Not surprising considering I regard conservatism to be in a state of ethical and philosophical failure right now. This doesn't mean I'll be voting Liberal but obviously I won't be voting Conservative either.

Hyack @ Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:08 pm

Probably the country music again....

bootlegga @ Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:36 pm

martin14 martin14:
bootlegga bootlegga:
we feel are surprising - I got solidly left wing.

I have long said.

You think you are in the center, or slightly left.

You are not.

Yes, on the American test, I'm a rabid left winger.

On the Canadian test Shep posted, I'm Conservative/Libertarian :P

Canadian Political Test.jpg
Canadian Political Test.jpg [ 99.59 KiB | Viewed 580 times ]

martin14 @ Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:22 am

bootlegga bootlegga:

Oh, you mean the test that you thought was unbiased enough to start this thread ? :lol:

$1:

Doubtful. ;)
I'm sure since you now want to make sure to yourself that you are a centrist,
your answers now reflected your own confirmation bias.

OTOH, since the CPC is not actually a Conservative Party, who knows ? :lol:

Winnipegger @ Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:26 am

Interesting. The American test rated me "Somewhat Left-Wing", 60:40. But look what the Canadian test did.

I still have an issue with that one guy in the Liberal party who wants to ensure I'm never a candidate, never in a significant position in the party. Years ago when I had a seat on the executive for the provincial association, a member of the Green Light Committee entered the room. He told her I'm a Conservative. He wanted to sabotage my nomination. I was right there so immediately said no I'm not, I was a fiscally responsible Liberal. I joined the party because of Paul Martin. That was before the 2008 election. That guy is still causing trouble.

A couple years ago, I met a new woman at Wonderful Wednesday. I mentioned the policy I feel passionate about. I noticed a group of guys cringing in the corner, so I mentioned there are people in this room who don't like me. She asked why. I said because of my position on fiscal issues. She said balancing the budget and cutting taxes, those are good Liberal ideals. Right after that Justin Trudeau appeared on national TV to say the infighting is over. I wish he would speak with the guy causing trouble for me.

Hmm... so what does this test mean? That the left-wing of the party has taken too much control? Or just that this web test is silly?

N_Fiddledog @ Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:03 am

martin14 martin14:

That's what I was thinking.

But going by the second poll I'm going to surprise Alt Righters like Boots. :wink: :wink:

Apparently, I'm some sort of centrist. :lol:

Well...still don't like Commies, but that's just being rational.

bootlegga @ Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:28 am

martin14 martin14:
bootlegga bootlegga:

Oh, you mean the test that you thought was unbiased enough to start this thread ? :lol:

I only posted it because of that dichotomy - the difference between centrism in the Canada and the US. Had it showed I was a centrist (like my American buddy who sent the link), I don't think it would have been interesting enough to post.

Tack on nonsensical questions like do you prefer country or classical music, and it was bizarre enough to do so.

martin14 martin14:
$1:

Doubtful. ;)
I'm sure since you now want to make sure to yourself that you are a centrist,
your answers now reflected your own confirmation bias.

It had nothing to do with proving anything to you or anyone else, but like the American test, but this test pointed me in a direction I hadn't expected.

I've always been very supportive of more defence spending, but I'd guess it was the rest of the foreign policy and law & order questions that pushed my score conservative score higher than the rest, even though on the domestic front, I support most of the Liberal platform.

I know you and the other 'true believers' here don't consider Red Tories/Blue Liberals to be centrist, but most of us do. But that's only because most of you are so far to the right that everyone is a Communist to you, even other conservatives. :P

BartSimpson @ Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:27 am

Thanos Thanos:
This one was kind of fucked. Told me I was mildly right wing. 8O

If it makes you feel any better...

Thanos @ Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:49 am

Not sure how preferring to live in the countryside as opposed to a city makes me a right-winger. I want to get out of the city not because I'm a right-winger. It's because I'm getting more and more crowd-phobic all the time and I can't tolerate the stress of so many people being near me. That's got nothing at all to do with politics. Same with music. What do they think, the original arrogant elitist right-wingers were all listening to Hank Williams and not Richard Wagner? :?

BartSimpson @ Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:52 am

Thanos Thanos:
Not sure how preferring to live in the countryside as opposed to a city makes me a right-winger. I want to get out of the city not because I'm a right-winger. It's because I'm getting more and more crowd-phobic all the time and I can't tolerate the stress of so many people being near me. That's got nothing at all to do with politics. Same with music. What do they think, the original arrogant elitist right-wingers were all listening to Hank Williams and not Richard Wagner? :?

Ditto.

I'm also at odds with the conclusion that I support or oppose things that were not even included in the survey.

CharlesAnthony @ Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:18 am

Thanos Thanos:
Not sure how preferring to live in the countryside as opposed to a city makes me a right-winger.
It does not.

These "tests" are honey-pot personal data collection tools. If you filled it out, you automatically failed.

Thanos @ Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:30 am

ShepherdsDog @ Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:55 am

$1:
I know you and the other 'true believers' here don't consider Red Tories/Blue Liberals to be centrist,

You mean the fifth column fascists who would slowly erode our hard won rights and freedoms, because being enabling boot lickers and ass kissers to autocrats gives them wood?

smorgdonkey @ Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:10 am

The polls are rather ridiculous in that what a party says is its policy is so often not really their policy as soon as they are elected...examples: Science for Conservatives? Holy laugh my head right off. Electoral reform for Liberals? We looked at it and most people are happy the way that it is.

Previous  1  2