Canada Kicks Ass
Prince Harry and Meghan are moving to Canada!

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

Thanos @ Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:38 am

It's the right thing to do to give them a refuge from that wretched and utterly vile British press that is obviously out to humiliate & destroy them.

herbie @ Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:42 pm

They should move to the Island. The ferry fare alone would humiliate and destroy the paparazzi...

Thanos @ Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:49 pm

I like the part where the British press, who still pay money for pics to the same Euro-trash paparazzi scum that literally chased Harry's mom to her death, are in the position of arbiter of what is right and what is wrong for Harry to do. Yes, the likes of Piers Morgan are now the deciders of propriety for others.

Whatever. Just another sign that the world is so far gone into existential obscenity and anything-goes-for-money that it can't ever be redeemed. If the asteroid ever comes let's hope sudden karmic justice erupts and it splits into two pieces to smash into Mar-A-Lago and Fleet Street simultaneously.

Martin15 @ Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:26 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
But most importantly, why move to Canada?

Having immigrated to Canada from London 20 years ago for a better quality of life, I know the appeal all too well.

Just more retarded CBC fail. :roll:

The real reason the Queen of Woke won't go back home to the irradiated third world shithole
that is Los Angeles, is that Orange Man Bad is still in the White House.

She won't return to the US until Trump is out.

So that means we are stuck paying for her for the next 5 years at least. :lol:

JaredMilne @ Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:04 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
This is a breaking story today with lots of sources. Go look one up.

So Harry and Meghan will be moving to Canada. They're also quitting the Royal Family and giving up all the perks not to mention the apparent rash of shit they've had to put up with from the same people who shit all over Diana. R=UP

Canada: Here's your chance to invite Harry to establish a Royal Family in Canada! [flag]

God Save The King!!! [cheer]

I didn't give a shit about Princess Diana, and I don't give a shit about this.

Honestly Bart, I'm surprised you're cheering this given what your country did to its monarchy nearly 250 years ago. Frankly, I think it's past time the Canadian head of state be a full-time resident of Canada. Using Canadians as stand-ins for the actual head of state has worked for a while, but this is one area where I think the Americans actually have the right idea.

I actually respect the Queen. I think she's a class act. But the points other posters made about the other European monarchs managing to avoid all the idiocy the British royals get involved in, not to mention the even worse idiocy of the British tabloid press, are dead on. Her Majesty is all the more impressive for keeping a stiff upper lip despite probably wanting to facepalm at the way her relatives and the tabloids enable each other's crass stupidity.

Martin15 @ Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:57 pm

PluggyRug PluggyRug:
Should be good for tourism.

Ya I ain't paying 20 bucks to see these ex-Royals.

raydan @ Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:59 pm

herbie @ Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:10 pm

PluggyRug @ Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:35 pm

Strutz @ Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:05 pm

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
Strutz Strutz:
Well if the Queen is ok with it then everyone else can back off.

Sorry but that doesn't cut it. When I'm paying for something I want value for money and if these two intend to settle in the New World and sit on their ass, they can pay for their own security, wages and other sundries their status as Royals used to entitled them to.

Besides, since the 2016 election we've had our own form of left wing Royalty sitting on his ass doing nothing so, we don't need anymore of these self entitled types receiving the Queens crown while living a lifestyle most of us could only dream about.

But it might be a moot point since Trudeau apparently decided that the Canadian people would be happy paying the bill for these two's security.

$1:
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has agreed taxpayers in his country should pick up the huge bill for the couple’s round-the-clock protection while they are in the country, the Evening Standard has learned.

Mr Trudeau — still dealing with the fall-out from the downing of a Ukrainian aircraft by the Iranian military which killed 57 Canadians — has privately assured the Queen that Harry, Meghan and Archie’s safety will not be jeopardised while they reside there.

But it is feared that the move to pay about half the estimated £1 million annual bill could lead to a “furious” backlash in the country and threatens to damage the status of the monarchy there.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/lifestyle/roy ... li=AAggNb9

Although, they are wrong about the cost damaging the monarchy in Canada because it's idiotic largess with taxpayers money like the PM's planning that's going to do considerably more damage to the PM than the Queen.

I should have been clearer when I made that post. It was more directed at the media idiots who were all in a frenzy over the announcement.

I completely get what you are saying about the cost of security for them while they are living in Canada. You are correct... Trudeau has made a decision and the last election gave him the power to make that decision. I'm unsure how the other Federal parties feel about that and whether or not it would become an issue.

Martin15 @ Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:13 am

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle officially quit royal life, drop their HRH titles and pledge to REPAY £2.4m spent on Frogmore Cottage as it's revealed they will spend the majority of their time in North America

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are to be known as Harry, Duke of Sussex, and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex
The couple will repay the £2.4million of taxpayers' money spent on renovating their Frogmore Cottage home
They will be free to make whatever commercial deals they want - but say they will uphold monarchy's 'values'
The Sussex statement, released on their website Sussex Royal, they were still called 'Their Royal Highnesses'
After the bombshell announcement, there was no immediate reaction from Prince William and Prince Charles
The announcement last night marks the conclusion of talks with senior members of the family and royal aides

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -cash.html

Strutz Strutz:
I completely get what you are saying about the cost of security for them while they are living in Canada. You are correct... Trudeau has made a decision and the last election gave him the power to make that decision. I'm unsure how the other Federal parties feel about that and whether or not it would become an issue.

Since there no clear statements about security, we all know full well we are going to
get screwed for it.

More tons of money wasted on the Harry formerly known as a Royal.
Seriously, what are we paying for again ?
He could at least come out a couple times a year and do a dance for us. :roll:

My prediction; divorce in 3 years.

herbie @ Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:11 pm

Went to see John Horgan speak yesterday, there were 6 RCMP there for security.
Tired of hearing people whining about what policing "costs". They fucking get paid to work regardless but fucking beancounters like to slice out a single job and snivel about how much that costs.

HyperionTheEvil @ Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:52 pm

Candidly i'm sick and tired of the Royals fobbing off their problem children to some Commonwealth country. Sick and tired of hearing about then, sick and tired of their whining, sick and tired of them and the royal family.

they want to visit? ...go for it

They dont get to jump the queue for immigration,they pay their own security, pay taxes, and keep your complaining to yourself when they go back to England.

HyperionTheEvil @ Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:54 pm

Thanos Thanos:
It's the right thing to do to give them a refuge from that wretched and utterly vile British press that is obviously out to humiliate & destroy them.

Screw that...send to the Aussies.

Instead of posing for photo ops maybe they pick up a shovel and help with the wild fires.

CharlesAnthony @ Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:09 pm

HyperionTheEvil HyperionTheEvil:
Candidly i'm sick and tired of the Royals fobbing off their problem children to some Commonwealth country.
When did that happen?

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next