Canada Kicks Ass
So, I need a little advice...

llama66 @ Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:26 pm

It's weird, I, the Llama needs some advice. I just jump in, so I was adopted at birth, I never knew my mother's name, didn't know my intended name. Until Wednesday, that is. Now I have this information, I don't know what the hell to do with it. I'm not willing to share either right now....

So, my question is does anyone know of any agencies or services that specialize in Adoption reunions.

I was born in Vancouver, but my Mom was from Calgary...

Any help is appreciated.

BartSimpson @ Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:42 pm

Family Tree DNA or Ancestry DNA might be a good place to look to help you find relatives.

Freakinoldguy @ Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:46 pm

Try contacting these people.

https://www.bcadoption.com/reunion-supports

or,

http://www.adoption.ca/searching-and-reuniting

peck420 @ Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:56 pm

http://www.humanservices.alberta.ca/adoption/14846.html

I hope you find whatever you seek to find.

raydan @ Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:01 pm

Is the rule to getting this information that both parties have to agree? :?

Strutz @ Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:06 pm

llama66 llama66:
It's weird, I, the Llama needs some advice. I just jump in, so I was adopted at birth, I never knew my mother's name, didn't know my intended name. Until Wednesday, that is. Now I have this information, I don't know what the hell to do with it. I'm not willing to share either right now....

So, my question is does anyone know of any agencies or services that specialize in Adoption reunions.

Any help is appreciated.

How did you find out the information?

xerxes @ Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:16 pm

FOG's links are the best. And whatever happens, I hope it goes well.

I've been in your boat. I too was adopted at birth and I found out about it in my early teens. And I was ok with it. My adoptive family was the only one I'd ever known and I had no interest in finding my birth mother.

Then one day, I get a call out of the blue from her. She got my info through the BC Adoption agency and so we had a long chat on the phone. We've met a few times, I've my biological grandparents and aunts too and it's all good. We get along and I got to know more about myself in the process. Initially though, it was awkward with my adoptive family which was totally understandable. But we're all good now.

BartSimpson @ Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:18 pm

peck420 peck420:

Now watch and we find out that Llama's father is Ted Cruz or Donald Trump! :D

Myself, I'd be hoping for DJT because whatever his faults might be the man is RICH!!! [cheer]

llama66 @ Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:46 pm

Strutz Strutz:
llama66 llama66:

Any help is appreciated.

How did you find out the information?

BC government.

llama66 @ Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:47 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
peck420 peck420:

Now watch and we find out that Llama's father is Ted Cruz or Donald Trump! :D

Myself, I'd be hoping for DJT because whatever his faults might be the man is RICH!!! [cheer]

It’s funny, the Ted Cruz joke has been said more than once, considering allegedly my father was a US citizen

housewife @ Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:10 pm

No help from here. I am waiting for a couple adopted family members to get in contact with us not sure if they ever will but those of us who know about them will always wonder about. Hope it all works out for you

DrCaleb @ Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:29 pm

llama66 llama66:

I have the same conditions. But I knew what name I was given at birth for a long time.

Adoption information here is open to either the parents or children, or either can block that information on request. I heard years ago that young mothers who chose to give up their child for adoption were routinely told their children died right after birth. Presumably this was to ease their decision.

So far, I've had no desire to meet my sperm or egg donor. But I haven't closed that door.

llama66 @ Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:23 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
llama66 llama66:

I have the same conditions. But I knew what name I was given at birth for a long time.

Adoption information here is open to either the parents or children, or either can block that information on request. I heard years ago that young mothers who chose to give up their child for adoption were routinely told their children died right after birth. Presumably this was to ease their decision.

So far, I've had no desire to meet my sperm or egg donor. But I haven't closed that door.

Years ago, I was able to read what the Metro Toronto CAS had for non-identifying information on my parents. I knew my birth mother filled in a questionnaire. I kinda remember some of the responses she gave. I know why I was given up, she was very, very, very young. So I can't blame her one bit.

I'm interested because, I'd like to know who my parent(s) are and for future health complications reasons.