Canada Kicks Ass
Something which was incorrect about this Canada Kicks Ass pa

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

Johnnybgoodaaaaa @ Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:43 am

I'm just saying it's just an arm, and that going to space, building space shuttles, and landing on the moon are far more advancements in space than an arm. If you noticed in my original post, I said that Canada does high good technology, but I said it isn't better technology than the US. I do no doubt that canada has made contributions to the world, and invented things, but in modern days, from 1950 on, I think its an incorrect statement to say that Canada has better technology than the most technology advanced nation in the world at the moment.

nonrev @ Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:46 am

Well thank you for illustrating my point.
Edison bought the patent rights for a light bulb from a Canadian, who couldnt get financial backing up here. He then refined the ideas, ideas that had already proven to work!

Here's another suggestion: Google the name Reginald Fessenden.
You might learn something.

Johnnybgoodaaaaa @ Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:47 am

Created the working lightbulb. I would also like to know how my spelling is so bad as someone pointed out. Next thing you know, you all will be claiming that you created the airplane.

nonrev @ Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:48 am

Johnnybgoodaaaaa Johnnybgoodaaaaa:
I think its an incorrect statement to say that Canada has better technology than the most technology advanced nation in the world at the moment.

And I DID NOT say that - anywhere. Thank you.

Johnnybgoodaaaaa @ Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:49 am

My original post said it because I read it on the "why canada is great" section at this site. It has nothing to do with what you posted. I found it to be incorrect, and pointed it out in my post, just like the "Canada lead the normandy invasion" line which was in the same section.

nonrev @ Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:50 am

Created the working lightbulb. I would also like to know how my spelling is so bad as someone pointed out. Next thing you know, you all will be claiming that you created the airplane.

You better read your history, son......

Robair @ Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:56 am

http://www.k12.nf.ca/discovery/curricul ... nventions/

http://kids.patentcafe.com/discover/canada.asp

http://www.space.gc.ca/asc/eng/default.asp

So, the most advanced nation on earth has yet to adopt the metric system?
The most advanced nation on earth recently scored 15th overall in the rating of its education? (Canada scored 3rd)
The most advanced nation on earth has yet to figure out how to provide health care to the masses?
The most advanced nation on earth has the highest firearm death rate and one of the highest crime rates?

The things you list as achievments JohnnyB, require money. Nothing more. Yes, USA is the richest nation on earth. The most advanced? I'm not sure who gets that title, but it ain't the US of A. I am assuming in your hot headed ignorance that you will not check out any of the links I've posted... :roll:

Wingnut1 @ Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:57 am

Hey nonrev...what exactly is a lightbuld anyway???

Johnnybgoodaaaaa @ Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:57 am

I'll admit I was wrong about the lightbulb, but Thomas Edison did make one which could be used in homes and which actually worked in the way that it could keep burning. I still think though that this site is inaccurate in the line "Canada has better technology than the US" because the US has made alot of advances in technology and has the money to pay for scientist to keep making advances in technology. Don't take that as Canada's technology sucks or anything, just that the Canada doesn't have better technology than the US. I mean, living standards and crime you all fare better, but technology, I think the US is doing pretty good in that category.

nonrev @ Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:58 am

"I'm just saying it's just an arm"

Well, as I said - shows your technical appreciation.

WITHOUT the arm, there would BE no International Space Station, and the shuttle would just be a fancy tourist bus, for expensive joy-rides.
Might have just stuck with 60's "Spam-in-a-can" technology.

Johnnybgoodaaaaa @ Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:59 am

If the US uses the metric system or not. Also, lightbuld is a typo.

Robair @ Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:00 am

I'll admit I was wrong about the lightbulb, but Thomas Edison did make one which could be used in homes and which actually worked in the way that it could keep burning. I still think though that this site is inaccurate in the line "Canada has better technology than the US" because the US has made alot of advances in technology and has the money to pay for scientist to keep making advances in technology. Don't take that as Canada's technology sucks or anything, just that the Canada doesn't have better technology than the US. I mean, living standards and crime you all fare better, but technology, I think the US is doing pretty good in that category.

If we're going that route, the airplane was invented in the USA but the first wind tunnel was canadian. A Canadian made the aircraft viable for public/millitary use.

Johnnybgoodaaaaa @ Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:04 am

The Canadians do have many inventions, but as far as modern day countries go, Canada doesn't have better technology than the US. I don't see how not using the metric system makes your country less advanced than another country. Also, in modern times, the US fighter planes are pretty much the best, so even if a long time ago Canada started to create good planes, I don't think it holds in modern times. The US created an airplane that could actually hold steady, and then other nations advanced it because during those times the US didn't have the money it does now.

nonrev @ Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:07 am

Okay, lets all agree to go back and hunt down the guy that said we are "ahead" of America, okay?

and then try to be more productive, shall we?

Johnnybgoodaaaaa @ Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:09 am

Also figured out how to provide Health Care for the masses under Clintons Health Reform bill, but the Health Insurance companies and Pharmaceutical companies ran a PR campaign against the bill and lobbied, set up front groups, etc, which is why we haven't got a universal health care system yet.

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next