Canada Kicks Ass
Something which was incorrect about this Canada Kicks Ass pa

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

nonrev @ Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:10 am

First of all, you keep talking about fight planes. I would be sad to live in a place where a fighter plane is the greatest contribution to the world that I came up with.

Second, you REALLY slipped up when talking about how much money the US has - WHAT MONEY?
Your federal Debt is now over seven trillion dollars. You are paying your VISA card off with your MasterCard! Not an enviable situation.

Wingnut1 @ Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:12 am

Robair Robair:
So, the most advanced nation on earth has yet to adopt the metric system?
The most advanced nation on earth recently scored 15th overall in the rating of its education? (Canada scored 3rd)
The most advanced nation on earth has yet to figure out how to provide health care to the masses?
The most advanced nation on earth has the highest firearm death rate and one of the highest crime rates?

Adopting the metric system doesn't make one advanced or backward Robair. Metrics are taught here. I've run into some elderly Canadian folks who don't understand it and refuse to try. Really a poor example.

As for health care, we have the very best health care on the planet here. People (including Canadians) come from all over the world to be treated at American hospitals, including Duke University, Johns Hopkins, Cleveland Clinic, Mayo Clinic, Memorial Sloane Kettering and the UCLA Medical Center. It is readily available to everyone, insured or not. We don't wait ten weeks for a catscan...I waited all of ten MINUTES for one last week.

Yep we have a higher firearm death rate (otherwise known as murder/homicide rate to those literates who care to understand that) but it might surprise you to learn that Canada has the fifth highest crime rate in the world...and the US is not among the top twenty! Chew on THAT one for a minute or two.

I won't make excuses for our education system...you got us there. As soon as we can get the politically correct liberal assholes out of the way, that will improve here too. Sadly, it takes time.

By the way...the way you become the richest nation on earth is by being technologically advanced. The money flows toward those who have something to sell. Might wanna consider that before flapping your gums in the future. You ARE handicapped, living in Kentucky and all, but that's not your fault.

nonrev @ Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:12 am

Johnnybgoodaaaaa Johnnybgoodaaaaa:
Also figured out how to provide Health Care for the masses under Clintons Health Reform bill, but the Health Insurance companies and Pharmaceutical companies ran a PR campaign against the bill and lobbied, set up front groups, etc, which is why we haven't got a universal health care system yet.

Oh OH!

You dont KNOW what a world of trouble youre in NOW!

TAKE IT AWAY, WING!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Johnnybgoodaaaaa @ Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:17 am

The federal debt was in the billions, not trillions, I could be wrong though.

Wingnut1 @ Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:21 am

OMG...a Clintonista! Somebody....anybody....got a can of Raid?

nonrev @ Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:21 am

The federal debt was in the billions, not trillions, I could be wrong though.

You are, my friend - you are.

http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/

Big friggin' number, eh?

YOU and your friends will have to figure out some way to pay it off, over your lives. I am sorry for you.

Johnnybgoodaaaaa @ Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:23 am

I just said a health care bill was going to be passed, but a PR campaign ruined the chance for a universal health care system. Now if we don't have insurance we can go bankrupt, YAY for that.

Wingnut1 @ Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:24 am

What, that makes it ok? It's only a few billions...got a few spare billions on you?

:roll:

And that is complete nonsense about the medical system. You might not get into the BEST hospital, but you will be treated and you will be treated professionally. Canada got their health care plan shoved up their collective asses, and it works for them. But we don't want it here.

Johnnybgoodaaaaa @ Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:25 am

But I thought the federal debt was around 800 billion. Alot of people own houses and are in debt for that reason, or whatever else they do with their credit card.

Johnnybgoodaaaaa @ Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:26 am

The US has never gone into debt before in billions.

Johnnybgoodaaaaa @ Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:28 am

But you might want to watch out for that heart attack when you get the bill if you don't have health insurance.

nonrev @ Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:32 am

The US has never gone into debt before in billions.

I dont think you get it..... this has nothing to do with what PEOPLE owe - its what your Federal GOVERNMENT owes.

Over the course of the last several decades, your GOVERNMENT has spent 7 trillion dollars MORE than it has taken in! In business - that would translate into "BANKRUPT"........

I would have, in the past, suggest that you should find a more conservative government - but this latest chimp is spending like no-one is history.
SO - I guess it's back to the drawing board.

Johnnybgoodaaaaa @ Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:36 am

That was the public debt? So where does the 800 billion dollar debt, and the 7 trillion dollar debt fit in?

Johnnybgoodaaaaa @ Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:40 am

How the conversation got from me saying that the lines "canada has better technology than the US" and "Canada led the normandy invasions" were incorrect, to the US being in debt? We've seemed to be able to function in debt for some years now.

nonrev @ Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:45 am

I dont know where this 800 billion you mention is from - unless you meean the 500 billion "DEFICIT" that Bush will have this year. A "deficit" is just the amount you are short JUST THIS YEAR! In other words, he will put the US a half a trillion dollars FARTHER in the hole, JUST in 2004.
The Federal DEBT is the amount they owe - period!

ANd then theres states like California, which has its OWN horrific debt. That NOT a part of the 7 trillion ------ by the way.... :cry:

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next