Canada Kicks Ass
Something which was incorrect about this Canada Kicks Ass pa

1  2  3  4  5  Next

Johnnybgoodaaaaa @ Sun Jan 18, 2004 11:07 pm

I was reading under the things which make Canada great section and I noticed that it said "Canadian troops lead the invasion of Normandy." Now, according to the history books, the first people to land at normandy were British troops, followed by the Canadians. When the British and Canadians landed at the their assigned beaches, they had light casualties because the beaches were not as heavily guarded as the ones the Americans landed on. I think is very much an incorrect statement to say that Canadian troops led the invasion of Normandy because they had the fewest troops of the D-day invasion, and it was really a joint effort between the Allies. There was also other incorrect statements on this page, because some things can only be held for certain years, such the UN quality of life, in which the US beat Canada this year. It's funny that you people say that Canada led the invasion of Normandy, when General Eisenhower was named as Supreme Commander Allied Expeditionary Force. It's also funny that when you look up "the US kicks ass" pages, they don't need to spend their time preoccupied with comparing the US to Canada to somehow prove how great they are. Don't get me wrong, Canada is cool, but it shows some serious insecurities when people of a country have to us comparisons to only 1 other country in order to try to prove how great they are. I saw no comparisons with Sweden, or Finland, or any other country which has great living standards and which would be better compared to Canada seeing as they have a lower population and aren't superpowers.

Well, this is just my opinion and I probably could have pointed out other false statements on this page if I felt like wasting more time.

I just saw one more thing, that Canada has better technology than the US. That is just a lie. Is this page made to just spread lies? It was backed up by no proof. Of course Canada has a developed nations technology, but come on, better than the US? I understand being patriotic towards your country, but saying lies just crosses the line and makes you ignorant. I don't see Canada leading the way in fuel cell cars, or sending space ships up, or creating planes as good as the US fighter planes. Of course maybe Canadians who lived in the US helped in those projects, but the US has the money to pay for scientist from around the world in order to have the best technology.

nonrev @ Sun Jan 18, 2004 11:40 pm

Johnnybgoodaaaaa Johnnybgoodaaaaa:
. I don't see Canada leading the way in fuel cell cars, or creating planes as good as the US fighter planes.

So-o-o-o-o, apparently you have never heard of Ballard Power or the Avro Arrow? :roll:

Why dont you show what country youre from?

Johnnybgoodaaaaa @ Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:01 am

Make US cars, which is in essence US technology. For the most part Canada and the US cooperate as far as technology goes, but I would really have to say that saying Canada has better technology than the US is really a false statement. I see really no proof that Canada has better technology than the US, yet I see tons of proof that the US has the best technology when you even look at their military technology or medical technology or various other technologys. Don't get me wrong, Canada does have good technology, but I really don't think that statement was based on facts when it was said that Canada has better technology than the US.

Johnnybgoodaaaaa @ Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:04 am

Stealth fighters that they created, or fighter planes. If you look up information on planes which countries have, the US fighter planes are better than Canada's, yet you would think if Canada has better technology ,their planes would be better. Also the US is working on a new fighter plane, the f-34, which will be great. I never saw Canada's space shuttle, although I heard Canada made a wing or something for it in their country, but I never heard if they actually designed the wing, just that they made it, which isn't much considering they make alot of things in their country under US companies.

nonrev @ Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:18 am

A WING???
As a matter of fact, the entire articulated ARM of the shuttled was designed by Canada. The most complex electro/mechanical device ever placed in Space.

Just one more example of things you dont know about: Canada owns the
worlds largest nuclear particle accelerator, or cyclotron). Scientists from all over the world (incuding the US!) come here to experiment and learn. http://www.triumf.ca/welcome/about.html

The fact that you dont know any of these things that tells me you cannot be a Canadian.

The fact that you refuse to disclose your location, tells me you're simply a troller.

Robair @ Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:19 am

The Canada Arm dumbass, the Canada Arm. Not a 'wing'. Now go away.

Johnnybgoodaaaaa @ Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:24 am

That Canada didn't have fuel cell research, just that they aren't leading the way. What about companies in the US like: Acumentrics Corporation, Anuvu Incorporated, Apollo Energy Systems, Inc, Arbin Instruments, Argonne National Laboratory, Avista Laboratories, Ball Aerospace & Technologies Corp., BCS Technology, Inc., Ceramatec, DAIS Corporation, Desert Research Institute, Draeger Safety, Electric Power Research Institute, ElectroChem, Inc., Element 1 Power Systems Inc., Elf Atochem North America, Emprise Corporation, Energy Conversion Devices, Inc., eVionyx, Federal Energy Technology Center, Florida Solar Energy Center, FuelCell Energy, Fuel Cell Resources Inc., Gas Technology Institute, GE Energy and Environmental Research Corp., Hoku Scientific, Hydrovolt Energy Systems, IdaTech, InnovaTek, Inc., Ion Power, Inc., JLG Industries, Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Los Alamos National Laboratory, Lynntech, Inc., Manhattan Scientifics Inc., Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Materials and Electrochemical Research Corporation, Materials and Systems Research, Inc., McDermott Technology, Inc., Metallic Power, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Inc., National Aeronautics and Space Administration, National Fuel Cell Research Center, National Renewable Energy Lab, NexTech Materials, Ltd., OMG Corp., Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Plug Power, LLC, Powerzinc Electric, Inc., Protonetics International, Inc., Protonex Technology Corporation, Proton Energy Systems, Refrac Systems, Rocky Mountain Institute, Sandia National Labs, Schafer Corporation, Schatz Energy Research Center (SERC), Siemens Westinghouse Power Corporation, South Coast Air Quality Management District, Southeastern Technology Center, Southern States Power Co., Southwest Research Institute, Technology Management, Inc. (TMI Systems), Teledyne Energy Systems, Inc., United States Department of Energy (main), United States Department of Energy (Office of Transportation Technologies), United Technologies Research Center (UTRC), UTC Fuel Cells, Warsitz Enterprises, Westinghouse Savannah River Company, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, and Ztek Corporation.

Johnnybgoodaaaaa @ Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:26 am

I said a wing or something, I wasn't truly sure. No need to get angry, I was just pointing out some inaccuracys here.

Johnnybgoodaaaaa @ Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:30 am

Which is great, while the US visited the moon, sent robots to Mars, built alot of the space station, and made a space shuttle allowing them to go to space for multiple missions. All this Canada kicks ass page is is an anti-american site. Why else would Canadians compare everything to the US. It's pretty stupid that you all said you "lead the invasion of Normandy." Also, the Arm was the most advanced piece of robotic equipment ever sent into space, but not the most advanced object, I mean come on, it's just an arm haha.

nonrev @ Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:31 am

I'm not angry - just frustrated.

From what I have seen so far, youre demonstrating more inaccuracy than youre pointing out.

As far as history goes, every time you pull up your zipper, change your clock twice a year, or flick on a light - say Oh Canada. Because Canada was involved, in part or whole, with every one - and many, many more.

Johnnybgoodaaaaa @ Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:33 am

And suddenly they are the leaders in space technology.

Johnnybgoodaaaaa @ Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:34 am

I said that Canada created an wing or something, cause I wasn't sure. I didn't say "Canada created a wing." I was mainly responding to the fact that this site said Canada has better technology than the US. I mean come on, do you really believe Canada has better technology than the US??

Johnnybgoodaaaaa @ Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:39 am

Ill remember Thomas Edison who invented the lightbuld whenever I turn on a light. For every invention a Canadian has made, an American has created one just as good. You might have made the switch for a light, but an American made the light.

nonrev @ Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:41 am

Well, first of all, having the largest cyclotron IN THE WORLD would make one a leader - doncha think?
Secondly, I'm not claiming we lead in every field in the first place.

But we dont exactly just sweep the floor of the shop, either.

And if you can dismiss the CanadArm so easily, it speaks volumes about your technical appreciation......

Wingnut1 @ Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:42 am

Johnny, it's guys like you who make it tough for other Americans to come in here and participate without everybody getting all defensive. Some advice for ya...either learn to spell or engage the spell-check feature on your computer...take a course in etiquette somewhere besides the local biker bar...finally, be a big boy and identify where you are posting from. We all know that it's somewhere south of Montgomery, Alabama, but being a little specific might help us identify what your problem is.

1  2  3  4  5  Next