Canada Kicks Ass
Tennessee music professor runs funny experiment on students

bootlegga @ Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:59 am

This prof hid $50 in a locker to see if his students read his syllabus. Nobody found it

$1:
Kenyon Wilson wanted to test the age-old adage that nobody reads the syllabus.

The Tennessee music professor slipped a $50 US bill into a locker on his campus, and buried the location and combination in the syllabus for his performing arts seminar class.

The semester is over. The students have gone home. The cash remains unclaimed.

"I totally understand it. I'm not saying that when I was a student that I read the syllabus religiously, word for word," Wilson, the associate head of performing arts at University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, told As It Happens host Carol Off.

"I knew going into this that there was a good chance that the money might go unclaimed — although I'd be just as happy if we were having this conversation where I was talking about the mad rush to get this money."

The professor finally revealed his ruse last week on Facebook.

"Some of the first to respond back were my students — all very good sports about it," he said.

One student shared a screenshot of the syllabus with the highlighted text alongside a laugh-cry emoji and the words: "Dang it."

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/as ... -1.6284015

DrCaleb @ Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:03 am

Well played sir. [B-o]

Strutz @ Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:21 pm

I read about that yesterday and found it hilarious! I actually meant to post it in here but forgot to. Glad you did boots. We all need a humorous story these days. [B-o]