Canada Kicks Ass
The Canadian Cannabis Thread

Previous  1  2  3  4  5 ... 18  Next

herbie @ Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:33 pm

Who's in jail for pot crimes?
Unless you were caught importing tons over the border, you'd get a few months max. DUI is considered a worse crime.

Tricks @ Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:34 pm

herbie herbie:
Who's in jail for pot crimes?
Unless you were caught importing tons over the border, you'd get a few months max. DUI is considered a worse crime.

Exactly my point.

herbie @ Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:04 pm

The next thing will be to get everyone ever busted's record expunged. No doubt someone will floor a Bill to do just that within a year.

talking POSSESSION records here.

Thanos @ Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:03 pm

An upcoming bill is supposed to grant a full pardon to anyone with a personal-amount sized possession conviction on their record.

DrCaleb @ Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:51 am

llama66 llama66:
I figure with Cannabis legalisation less than 12 hours away I'd start a thread about legal Cannabis.

So, once its legal is anyone going to give it a try?

I tried it for a while in University, partly because it was illegal, and partly because it was the thing to do. Found out I didn't like it much. I enjoyed the buzz, but my profession directed my personality to become more of a control freak. Pot was the opposite of control, so I didn't enjoy it much.

I ended up getting a ticket for smoking it, that cost me dearly. For decades no one cared that I smoked pot decades ago, they were more concerned about the work I had done since. But suddenly some asshole invented an app that you could check a person's criminal record from your computer, and HR departments everywhere used it without thinking about situations like this. Suddenly, all the good work I had done since University didn't matter, because a 'red flag' came up when they put my name in the app. Although tickets for pot possession only carried with them a fine, it also was an indictable offence so it carried with it a criminal record. Getting jobs became much tougher.

At the same time, Harper made it really tough to get your record hidden, and removed the option of getting a pardon completely.

So, to answer your question, yes. Now that it's legal, I will try it again. But this time, because it's out in the open and we can discuss it like adults, and we can actually do a little research into the effects we are able to shop around and get the effects we want and avoid the ones we don't - that makes it easier and safer to enjoy the product instead of just using it like a form of protest. Like shopping for any adult beverage, it's matured.

I might not like it, and stick to wine and whisky. But I don't have to worry about quality or corruption by shady dealers. The possibility that some asshole decided it might be fun to add a little fentanyl to it halted any possibility I might try it again without knowing the source.

Plus, there are many other options, like oils and soon, edibles. And you can get them from a website or storefront!

Thanos Thanos:
An upcoming bill is supposed to grant a full pardon to anyone with a personal-amount sized possession conviction on their record.

[cheer]

llama66 @ Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:26 am

I've already moved on to the next drug that needs to be legal...Meth

DrCaleb @ Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:37 am

llama66 llama66:

Hehehe.

Too hardcore. I'd go with 'Extacy'. It's not addictive, and from what I can tell it's also hard to overdose.

peck420 @ Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:38 am

herbie herbie:
The next thing will be to get everyone ever busted's record expunged. No doubt someone will floor a Bill to do just that within a year.

Thanos Thanos:

Boy did I go the wrong way on this, in the other thread. I thought that the government would want to keep this box closed...obviously not.

llama66 @ Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:38 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
llama66 llama66:

Hehehe.

Too hardcore. I'd go with 'Extacy'. It's not addictive, and from what I can tell it's also hard to overdose.

MDMA. Everything needs to be petted.

DrCaleb @ Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:44 am

llama66 llama66:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
llama66 llama66:

Hehehe.

MDMA. Everything needs to be petted.

Exactly! The other one makes people mean. MDMA gives feelings of love and warmth. The world needs more hugs.

DrCaleb @ Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:49 am

Random thought - does this make Justin Trudeau my pot dealer?

DrCaleb @ Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:55 am

The Times, They Are A-Changin’: New Brunswick government agency offers lessons on how to roll a joint

DrCaleb @ Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:30 am

$1:
The Liberal government will waive the fee and waiting period for pardons for Canadians previously convicted of simple pot possession.

Public Safety Minister Ralph Goodale announced today that the government intends to table legislation to expedite the pardon process for those with a criminal record for pot.

The fee for normal record suspensions is $631. The waiting period to apply is usually five years for a summary offence or 10 years for an indictable offence.

A record suspension does not erase the fact that you were convicted of a crime, but keeps the record separate and apart from other criminal records.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/pardon ... -1.4866175

martin14 @ Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:49 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
The Times, They Are A-Changin’: New Brunswick government agency offers lessons on how to roll a joint

*snort*

Unless everything has changed in NB, it is the last place
people need to learn that skill from a gov't course.

My God, the governments are truly fucking retarded. :roll:

herbie @ Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:32 am

herbie herbie:

Jeez, turn on the news and hour later and they're already talking this....
See! You should listen to the Great Zoltan

Previous  1  2  3  4  5 ... 18  Next