Canada Kicks Ass
The Canadian Cannabis Thread

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 ... 18  Next

BartSimpson @ Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:31 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Get a little red wagon full of cold milk, and she'll be rich in no time.

She'll be richer if she gets the milk from the USA. 8)

Thanos @ Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:35 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Here's a buisnesswoman who knows her market: :lol:

Edmonton Girl Guide sells out of cookies in cannabis store lineup

The next series of small business success stories will be from those who open up bakeries next to the pot shops. Or run hot dog stands in the parking lots. :mrgreen:

bootlegga @ Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:02 am

peck420 peck420:
I would like to see us take this path (accountability and safety) personally, but I am well aware of many users that see this as the ultimate "DGAF" in terms of marijuana usage, and those people scare me.

This is what worries me too.

I still support legalization, but where my support was 100% a few years ago, it's closer to 60% now...if that makes any sense.

DrCaleb @ Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:22 am

bootlegga bootlegga:
peck420 peck420:
I would like to see us take this path (accountability and safety) personally, but I am well aware of many users that see this as the ultimate "DGAF" in terms of marijuana usage, and those people scare me.

I still support legalization, but where my support was 100% a few years ago, it's closer to 60% now...if that makes any sense.

I don't know. Those people could have not have GAF before legalization. Why would they suddenly start now?

llama66 @ Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:19 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Get a little red wagon full of cold milk, and she'll be rich in no time.

She'll be richer if she gets the milk from the USA. 8)

Nah, all the pot-heads would greenout from the chemicals.

bootlegga @ Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:56 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
bootlegga bootlegga:
peck420 peck420:

I don't know. Those people could have not have GAF before legalization. Why would they suddenly start now?

As I mentioned earlier, back when I thought MJ was a fringe thing, I wasn't too worried about what I thought was a few people not GAF.

However, the legalization of cannabis has shown me it is almost as mainstream as having a glass of wine/beer, so it is more of a concern than I thought it was in 2015 when JT promised legalization.

peck420 @ Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:18 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

You really don't want to know how many .... pre legalization providers...I know, that have cut clients off, specifically because their DGAF attitude brought too much attention to the provider.

Loosing one person's business was well worth not getting the long eye from Johnny Law.

There is also people's personal codes. We all have one. We rarely talk openly about them. But, that is why one will see excessive speeding as a "nothing", but DUI as a "major" criminal activity, and too another, it is the opposite. Just one of the many quirks of peeps.

BeaverFever @ Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:39 pm

$1:
Bill Maher
@billmaher

Congratulations to Canada for legalizing pot - always a step ahead of your bigger neighbor to the south. I was going to wait till tomorrow night when my big Anniversary show is on HBO (in our regular time slot) to spark up, but what the hell, this is big too!
5:13 PM · Oct 18, 2018

https://mobile.twitter.com/billmaher/st ... 7144331264

fifeboy @ Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:13 pm

I would have posted earlier, but forgot where the potato chips were!

xerxes @ Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:30 pm

bootlegga bootlegga:
peck420 peck420:

It does to me; I feel the same way.

There’s a lot of good reasons to support legalization from the potential revenues, both for private companies and tax revenue, to undercutting the illegal drug trade and the health benefits CBD can have and others too.

But there’s still a part of me that doesn’t like it. It’s probably my straight laced, religious upbringing but there’s a part of me that cringes at seeing another vice being normalized. Like I mentioned last paragraph, there are sound reasons for this, but I doubt the people who were lined up to buy legal weed for the first time cared about all that. They just wanted to get high.

herbie @ Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:46 pm

Or maybe they did care and lines up to show the moralizing goodie two-shoes their days of assholy control were done for, just like they did when alcohol prohibition ended.
You know, that several generations of negative brainwashing that it was an evil vice that nags at a small part of your awareness. Shit some people still think drinking a beer at a hockey game is a sign of Lucifer himself.
If there was a store here, I probably would've been a customer on Weds.
Probably be still deciding whether to have a puff or two or just give it away today too.

rickc @ Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:22 pm

xerxes xerxes:

There’s a lot of good reasons to support legalization from the potential revenues, both for private companies and tax revenue, to undercutting the illegal drug trade and the health benefits CBD can have and others too.

But there’s still a part of me that doesn’t like it. It’s probably my straight laced, religious upbringing but there’s a part of me that cringes at seeing another vice being normalized. Like I mentioned last paragraph, there are sound reasons for this, but I doubt the people who were lined up to buy legal weed for the first time cared about all that. They just wanted to get high.

The vice has been normalized for a long,long, long time now. Kind of like driving 10 km over the speed limit. What it is now is legal. People who are not hurting anyone else no longer have to fear losing their jobs, their scholarships, their standing in the community simply for choosing an intoxicant other than alcohol. Legalization is a good thing. A very very good thing.

Freakinoldguy @ Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:47 am

rickc rickc:
xerxes xerxes:

The vice has been normalized for a long,long, long time now. Kind of like driving 10 km over the speed limit. What it is now is legal. People who are not hurting anyone else no longer have to fear losing their jobs, their scholarships, their standing in the community simply for choosing an intoxicant other than alcohol. Legalization is a good thing. A very very good thing.

I'm sorry but I wouldn't have considered smoking marijuana as being normalized before. Before, legalization not even stupid people who used thought they could get away with things like this. 8O

$1:
Nearly a quarter of Canadian employees believe they definitely will or might be able to consume cannabis during work hours after it becomes legal on Oct. 17, according to a new Ipsos poll.

The poll, which was commissioned by ADP Canada, a company that provides human resource services to businesses across the country, surveyed 1,000 working Canadians. The respondents were equally split between managers and non-managers over the age of 18.

$1:
“A lot of employees seem to be under the impression that with the legalization of marijuana, they then have free reign to use recreational marijuana in the workplace, which I can tell you is not going to be the case,” she said.

The poll shows that 10 per cent of managers believe they will be able to consume cannabis during work hours, while two per cent of non-managers believe they will be able to do the same.

Managers are more likely to use cannabis for recreational purposes during or before work hours, the poll shows. About 19 per cent of managers say they were very likely or somewhat likely to consume cannabis for recreational purposes before going to work. About 14 per cent of managers surveyed said it’s very or somewhat likely that they will consume cannabis during work hours.

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/nearly-a-qua ... -1.4128992

So not only was the legalization roll out a complete disaster from a supply and demand point of view, now alot of employees are going to be in for a big shock when their employment is terminated because they and their supervisors can't be bothered to learn or comprehend the laws which is what the normalization will be.

BeaverFever @ Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:42 am

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
rickc rickc:
xerxes xerxes:

I'm sorry but I wouldn't have considered smoking marijuana as being normalized before. Before, legalization not even stupid people who used thought they could get away with things like this. 8O

$1:
Nearly a quarter of Canadian employees believe they definitely will or might be able to consume cannabis during work hours after it becomes legal on Oct. 17, according to a new Ipsos poll.

The poll, which was commissioned by ADP Canada, a company that provides human resource services to businesses across the country, surveyed 1,000 working Canadians. The respondents were equally split between managers and non-managers over the age of 18.

$1:
“A lot of employees seem to be under the impression that with the legalization of marijuana, they then have free reign to use recreational marijuana in the workplace, which I can tell you is not going to be the case,” she said.

The poll shows that 10 per cent of managers believe they will be able to consume cannabis during work hours, while two per cent of non-managers believe they will be able to do the same.

Managers are more likely to use cannabis for recreational purposes during or before work hours, the poll shows. About 19 per cent of managers say they were very likely or somewhat likely to consume cannabis for recreational purposes before going to work. About 14 per cent of managers surveyed said it’s very or somewhat likely that they will consume cannabis during work hours.

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/nearly-a-qua ... -1.4128992

So not only was the legalization roll out a complete disaster from a supply and demand point of view, now alot of employees are going to be in for a big shock when their employment is terminated because they and their supervisors can't be bothered to learn or comprehend the laws which is what the normalization will be.

The roll-out was not a “complete disaster” and I don’t think we’re going to suddenly see employees sparking up in the workplace. Alcohol is legal and you don’t see people drinking in the workplace. This who legalization doomsday hysteria is overblown. Nothing will change except cops won’t be able to use smelling marijuana as an excuse when they want to stop and search people.

Tricks @ Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:30 am

The fear mongering around this is astounding.

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 ... 18  Next