Canada Kicks Ass
Tucker Carlson Takes On Justin Trudeau

Previous  1  2  3  Next

Freakinoldguy @ Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:20 am

Robair Robair:
Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
So, if our spendthrift PM thinks this and the other make myself feel good payments will be quickly forgotten he's likely in for a very large shock especially since most voters don't have his limited retention span.
Yet you assume most voters are stupid enough to blame the Omar debacle on the current administration?

Nope, most voters are smart enough to see through the "we must pay" bullshit the PM keeps spouting. But, speaking of who's most responsible for the Khadr debacle I'd say since the abuse happened on the Liberals watch and they're the ones who didn't want to let this whole issue go to court like it should have just so they could feel good about themselves and screw Tabitha Speers and Layne Morris out of their compensation, they're most responsible.

The Conservatives only fucked up by doing Obama a favour by getting rid of a PR issue for him and bringing Khadr back to Canada when they, according to the Supreme Court didn't have to.

N_Fiddledog @ Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:31 am

Coach85 Coach85:
Fiddle, don't let your emotions make you sight of the big picture.

With all that was done, he still has rights.

Have to stop you right there. What do you mean by rights? Are you speaking only of Canadian legal rights or are you trying to infer authorization from inalienable rights such as those spoken of in the American Constitution. The ones all men are supposedly born with?

If you are speaking of "rights" as created in Daddy Trudeau's charter, then yeah OK, but that isn't what the two in the video were discussing. They're more concerned with the payoff to an enemy combatant. They're talking about how paying off a jihadi comabatant was just wrong, period, whether Pierre's Charter approved of it or not. And actually if we're talking specifically about Junior's Jihadi payoff, the Supreme's didn't even give the thumbs up to that.

What Carlson and the Canadian woman in the video are talking about is how it's just wrong to payoff bomb-making, medic murdering, grenade throwers like Omar. They don't care about Papa Pierre's charter. They're talking about how Americans should be pissed and how 71% of Canadians don't like the payoff and apology to a jihadi.

And all I'm saying is this shows how this issue is not going away.

xerxes @ Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:57 am

bootlegga bootlegga:
Sorry, but I don't put any faith in someone who calls Canada "the retarded cousin you see at Thanksgiving and give a pat on his head."

After that, Carlson should ZERO credibility with any true Canadians.

Tuckface hasn't had any credibility since this (and he didn't have a lot before either)

herbie @ Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:03 am

$1:
Nope, most voters are smart enough to see through the "we must pay" bullshit the PM keeps spouting

And you have some miraculous idea how the gov't can and should avoid paying for it's mistakes?
Maybe a few more ideas how we can end-run the Charter by claiming Canadians held by Canadians in a Canadian base on foreign soil can be tortured and tried by kangaroo courts? Or even people who aren't citizens have no rights on Canadian soil? Worked for most conservative Yanks.
Maybe great-aunt Millie can forensically prove the anti-aircraft shell that killed her husband and crew was fired by Cpl Johann Schulz and sue his estate for $134 million because that makes sense too, uh huh, uh huh?

What is it you people just don't get? The Court and the Gov't don't and should not hold whether they like you into consideration. I don't like the fact Omar gets money either bit I like even less the idea of wasting more money and resources to subvert a base principle of law and gov't on the grounds of popularity! If you don't agree you're opposed to having Civil Rights, they apply to everyone all the time, not just some people some of the time.

And to hear some gas-bag on a media outlet proud to admit it's bias, from a country that proudly stacks it's Court with political bias prove he knows dick shit about the concept of Civil Rights sure as hell doesn't make your case.

N_Fiddledog @ Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:36 am

xerxes xerxes:
Tuckface hasn't had any credibility since this (and he didn't have a lot before either)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFQFB5YpDZE

Well no, not with the Jon Stewart crowd, but I'm not sure that was ever the be-all/end-all you guys thought it was.

Right now it looks like this:

$1:
“Is Tucker Carlson the new king of cable news?” asked Forbes in late May.

Carlson, the conservative pundit who in recent years was most recognized as the founder of the right-leaning website The Daily Caller, was Fox News’ choice to replace the popular Bill O’Reilly when he departed in April in the wake of a sexual harassment scandal. Since then, ratings have not only held steady for Fox News, but Carlson, while not quite getting the same numbers as his predecessor, still sits atop the cable news heap.

Variety reported last month, “Tucker Carlson Tonight’ has not matched ‘O’Reilly Factor’s’ year-ago levels in total viewers but it has brought in a younger audience, with a 16% gain in adults 25-54.”

http://rare.us/rare-politics/rare-liber ... cy-debate/

So again, my point is only that people hear him, and he's still talking about the Khadr issue. I suggest this suggests that issue is not going away.

xerxes @ Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:51 am

All that shows is that Tucker kept O'Reilly's octogenarian viewers and that they're loyal to FNC.

N_Fiddledog @ Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:00 pm

xerxes xerxes:
All that shows is that Tucker kept O'Reilly's octogenarian viewers and that they're loyal to FNC.

Ah...didn't read to the bottom, did we?

$1:
Variety reported last month, “Tucker Carlson Tonight’ has not matched ‘O’Reilly Factor’s’ year-ago levels in total viewers but it has brought in a younger audience, with a 16% gain in adults 25-54.”

Bad Persian. 8)

Freakinoldguy @ Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:12 pm

herbie herbie:
$1:
Nope, most voters are smart enough to see through the "we must pay" bullshit the PM keeps spouting

And you have some miraculous idea how the gov't can and should avoid paying for it's mistakes?
Maybe a few more ideas how we can end-run the Charter by claiming Canadians held by Canadians in a Canadian base on foreign soil can be tortured and tried by kangaroo courts? Or even people who aren't citizens have no rights on Canadian soil? Worked for most conservative Yanks.
Maybe great-aunt Millie can forensically prove the anti-aircraft shell that killed her husband and crew was fired by Cpl Johann Schulz and sue his estate for $134 million because that makes sense too, uh huh, uh huh?

What is it you people just don't get? The Court and the Gov't don't and should not hold whether they like you into consideration. I don't like the fact Omar gets money either bit I like even less the idea of wasting more money and resources to subvert a base principle of law and gov't on the grounds of popularity! If you don't agree you're opposed to having Civil Rights, they apply to everyone all the time, not just some people some of the time.

And to hear some gas-bag on a media outlet proud to admit it's bias, from a country that proudly stacks it's Court with political bias prove he knows dick shit about the concept of Civil Rights sure as hell doesn't make your case.

Make my case? Ranting about Civil Rights and the Charter without showing where and how they make the case for this monetary award is odd.

But on the plus side, I do love how you continually bring up the Charter because that's not what I'm arguing about or what is even relevant. Yes the SCoC ruled little Omar's rights were violated by the Liberal Gov't who sent the CSIS agents to Gitmo to interview him but, that's not the issue.

Allow me to remind you that we are a Nation of laws with a supposedly fair and unbiased Justice System so, the real issue is that win lose or draw the Gov't should have gone to court and "fought" the lawsuit from Khadr to show the system worked. But, given how quickly they caved is a very strong indicator that they probably just wanted this chapter of their sordid past to disappear so they could carry on as per normal giving out money to anyone they felt was deserving. It also brought to light all the other payouts they made for their misdeeds during their previous reign.

But, since the PM now has clairvoyant abilities and knew that we would have had to pay much more than 10.5 million to Khadr had the Govt gone to court, I'll use my own psychic skills and like him make a prediction of what really would have happened to Omar's lawsuit.

Given the controversy this case has generated and the fact that the SCoC ruled we didn't even have to repatriate the terrorist I predict that, Omar would never have gotten an undeserved apology nor anywhere near the $10.5 million Trudeau gave him without batting an eyelash and then, we wouldn't have had to listen to Trudeau lecture "future" gov'ts about their Charter Responsibilities while ignoring his own Party's Charter failures in the past that caused this whole debacle.

And, since we're on about the Charter and you keep using it like some Holy Grail, I'd like you to show me where it says that anyone who had their Charter rights violated is to be awarded money from the Gov't without a trial? Same thing goes for the SCoC ruling. I couldn't find anywhere in the ruling where it said Omar Khadr was to be awarded a monetary settlement. So, if you or anyone else on this website could find it and post the link I'd appreciate it.

But, keep up the good work because if nothing else it's interesting reading your over the top rants that have no real relevance to my arguments other than muddying the waters. [B-o]

PluggyRug @ Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:35 pm

This thread is just another example of delusional lefties attacking the messenger.

Carlson, love him or hate him he makes some good points.

herbie @ Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:55 pm

Like I've pointed out before, everything other than the Court ruling in his favour is irrelevant.
Most people don't like the settlement, but that's what it was. They decided it was cheaper to settle for that than to spend to defend themselves and risk an award.
Just like how some company might fire you and at the first hint of you getting a lawyer offer you some money. Cheaper than the court and lawyer costs.
So you think everyone would feel better if they pissed away $15 million and won completely and paid him nothing? Costing $5 million more?
Or pissed away $40 million and lost badly and he got his whole $20 million?

Damn it, they gt the advice from their legal panel, not JT himself. Do you realize how much it cost just to put Picton away in court?
Nobody was gonna be happy no matter what they did or whatever might happen.

Coach85 @ Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:30 pm

PluggyRug PluggyRug:
This thread is just another example of delusional lefties attacking the messenger.

Along with delusional righties that think everyone that disagrees with anyone on the right must be a delusional leftie.

PluggyRug @ Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:40 pm

Coach85 Coach85:
PluggyRug PluggyRug:

Along with delusional righties that think everyone that disagrees with anyone on the right must be a delusional leftie.

By attacking the messenger? I rest my case.

BartSimpson @ Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:49 pm

herbie herbie:
What is it you people just don't get? The Court and the Gov't don't and should not hold whether they like you into consideration.

I agree. But they should take into account the people who will suffer if any of that money finds its way into the hands of terrorists.

Will their lofty ideals hold up if some jihadi uses some of that money to attack...say, the Eramosa Public School at 5757 Fifth Line in Rockwood, Ontario?

Let's say a bunch of cute little school kids get their insides splattered all over Rockwood by the shiny new cargo van that our random jihadi is able to buy because of the noble people who stand on their principles. And then 2,000kg of anfo blows off in a parking lot full of loaded school buses?

Seriously, this is what's at stake here because giving this mutt ten million dollars is absolutely no different than handing the bastard ten million dollars worth of guns, explosives, or the means to deliver them to a target.

May as well suggest a few targets for him while they're at it.

Coach85 @ Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:20 pm

PluggyRug PluggyRug:
Coach85 Coach85:
PluggyRug PluggyRug:

By attacking the messenger? I rest my case.

When you make a stupid comment, expect to be called on it.

I'm only attacking your message because it deserves to be. Just the same as I did in a previous post where you took aim at me.

And who are you to complain? You take aim at 'delusional lefties' and then have the nerve to cry the blues when your BS is called out? :lol:

herbie @ Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:41 pm

$1:
I agree. But they should take into account the people who will suffer if any of that money finds its way into the hands of terrorists.

That's quite a stretch.
I'm sure that the Court, the Gov't and most of the public figure the guys had a nice long time to think about what those terrorist bastards talked him into and will get on with his life. The guy's been tortured, jailed for 8 years and has a couple bullet holes in him to remind him of it every day.

Previous  1  2  3  Next