Canada Kicks Ass
Turks and Caicos

Previous  1  2  3  Next

Evan @ Sun Jan 25, 2004 3:34 pm

Currency is that U.S dollar! That would have to change. IF the place belongs to England then why do they use the u.s dollar?

thirdEye @ Sun Jan 25, 2004 4:42 pm

I wanted this to happen when it came up 20 years ago. I thought we were foolish for turning them down.

I'm all for it if they still want to join.

Evan @ Sun Jan 25, 2004 5:31 pm

I wouldnt get my hopes up. Sounds like it might be a good thing for Canada and the Turks and Caicos so the govt will do something to fuck it up for everyone!!!!

ems_gwr @ Mon Jan 26, 2004 8:13 am

you said it Evan, if it might be good the government will definitely be against it. Sounds like most of us are for it.

thirdEye @ Mon Jan 26, 2004 8:21 am

The feds probably won't like because the official language there is English.

They would probably rather have Haiti. :P

polemarch1 @ Sat Feb 07, 2004 8:54 am

$1:
Misick believes his people are ready for something new. He wants to see the T&C develop a "free association" with a North American partner, either the United States or Canada. Under this arrangement, the island would become responsible for all internal matters and thus gain full autonomy over making laws that affect its citizens. Areas where Britain has sole authority -- defence, security, trade and other international matters -- would be decided collaboratively, with input from the island government.

Turks and Caicos: a Canadian island paradise?

nonrev @ Wed Feb 18, 2004 3:29 pm

There's some damn witty stuff here - this guy's pretty good!

(I bet you appreciate this, Rev!)

http://www.rv.net/forum/Index.cfm/fusea ... page/1.cfm

Rev_Blair @ Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:58 pm

8) :lol:

ems_gwr @ Fri Apr 16, 2004 8:51 am

This is back in the news again, sounds like maybe someone in Ottawa is maybe getting serious. Lets see what people think now. One can only hope.

sk1d @ Fri Apr 16, 2004 12:39 pm

why not get an online petition going for this thing
every other useless cause has an online petition

GWN_Ronnie @ Sat Apr 17, 2004 9:58 am

I think that everyone here who thinks that this is a good idea should contact thier local MP.

Ask them what they think of it and tell them that you personaly think it's something that should be looked into.

Remeber these people work for you, in some ways you get to tell them what to do.

Here's a link:
Find your MP

GWN_Ronnie @ Mon May 03, 2004 8:47 am

Has anyone contacted their MP about this?

My MP said that although he supports his fellow CPC members who are bringing this up again, he has yet to seriously look into the matter.
Therefor he said he had no opinion on the issue at this time.

Classic response, but at least now he might look into it a little more

figfarmer @ Mon May 03, 2004 5:02 pm

to come true.

Rev_Blair @ Mon May 03, 2004 9:06 pm

It's going to get sunny now though. We'll all be out in back with the BBQ lit and the bonfire licking at the siding and the dogs gnawing on the neighbour's daughter and the opportunity to take over a series of tiny islands without having to kill anybody will slip out of our hands. Twenty years from now somebody will raise it again...in January...and we'll all make the same noises and put on a Jimmy Buffet tune and pretend we know what we're doing.

GWN_Ronnie @ Tue May 04, 2004 6:35 pm

$1:
It's going to get sunny now though. We'll all be out in back with the BBQ lit and the bonfire licking at the siding and the dogs gnawing on the neighbour's daughter and the opportunity to take over a series of tiny islands without having to kill anybody will slip out of our hands. Twenty years from now somebody will raise it again...in January...and we'll all make the same noises and put on a Jimmy Buffet tune and pretend we know what we're doing.

yes Rev this is exactly right........if you decide to sit back and forget about it.

"When nothing is done, nothing will happen"
Ron Woodman

Simple but it makes sense.

Contacting your MP, or a minister is VERY effective in getting your voice herd. The reason being not many people take the time to do it. They would rather spend their time posting in forums and just talking about how everything isn't going the way it should be.

Anyway if people here are in support of this issue like they say they are, maybe you should do something about it rather then say 'oh well the summer is coming who cares'

Don't mean to be attacking you or anything Rev, it just pisses me off when people sit back and let things happen without voicing their opinion which they so freely give on a forum that no politician will be reading. I guess it's funny more then anything.

BTW Peter Goldring from Edmonton is the person who is really trying to push this issue on the hill

Previous  1  2  3  Next