Canada Kicks Ass
Urdu: The language of Army Camp

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

Thanos @ Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:41 am

Forum could use some Australian members. Talking to a bogan per day chases the blues away. No Scottish people though. They're all bastards. 8)

bootlegga @ Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:48 am

desertdude desertdude:

No body is replacing me! And that's final!!!

The new guy can fuck right off !

ROTFL +5

bootlegga @ Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:49 am

Strutz Strutz:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
desertdude desertdude:
Reason I "left" this place was sorta what Doc said, you log in and the first 10-20 new threads are Islam this Islam that and pretty much nothing else and this carried on for a quite a while, if I wanted to read shit like that. I'd get a subscription to The Daily Fail. By the time Thanos introduced the Omni thread ( And thank you Thanos for that, makes navigating this place much easier now), I had lost interest in this place.

Also a lot of good members also wandered off into the distance and place just before boring, too polarized. Left, right, lib, conservative, rep, dem and still is. If your not really into N.American politics or some sort of bigotry this place has little else to offer to the outsider.

This place was fun, with some great contributing members even if you didn't agree with them, but they still had a interesting POV or story to tell, had some real good times and genuine laughs and there was almost something interesting being posted and discussed all the time.

Now its just fuck all, Trumps a GOD, no hes not, Hilary is a bitch, yes she is, so? All Muslims should be nuked, Justin is an asshole, NO he's not. That basically sums up the entire forum now. As I said nothing left for the person who has no or little interest in these few subjects.

As for the OP, you are not going to debate or convey your point to the the don't bother me with facts my mind is already made up camp. So thats just a waste of time and energy. You spend 10 pages in a thread going back and forth on one subject then the very next thread is started by the same poster, posting the exact same garbage you spent 10 pages debunking! :roll:

R=UP

I agree with everything you say, and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

I just haven't given up yet. I am not beaten!

Well stated DD. It's for the same reasons I log in and contribute less frequently lately.

Yep, likewise.

Zipperfish @ Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:56 am

yup.

N_Fiddledog @ Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:25 am

Fighter Fighter:
Jerusalem decision of trump to appease his Evangelical Christians voter base and Jewish fundamentals of Israel.

Nonsense. The aim of moving the American embassy to Israel's declared capital of Jerusalem where the country centres administrative, national and political institutions goes back years of multiple American administrations - Republican and Democrat.

For example President Clinton said:

"I have always wanted to move our embassy to West Jerusalem. We have a designated site there. I have not done so because I didn't want to do anything to undermine our ability to help to broker a secure and fair and lasting peace for Israelis and for Palestinians."

It's not religious. It's political. Islam has trouble seeing the difference, is the problem.

N_Fiddledog @ Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:46 am

There's a difference between a leader who follows a religion and having religious precepts baked into governing principles with a totalitarian demand for obedience.

Which one of those would describe something like Hamas, I wonder.

BartSimpson @ Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:48 am

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:

"I have always wanted to move our embassy to West Jerusalem. We have a designated site there. I have not done so because I didn't want to do anything to undermine our ability to help to broker a secure and fair and lasting peace for Israelis and for Palestinians."

And as someone in the Trump Admin said (paraphrased) 'We held off on this to try to get a lasting peace and there is no peace so there's no reason to hold off.'.

Fighter @ Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:31 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:

ROTFL

I'm sorry chum, but neither G.H.W Bush or his son G.W.Bush were fundamentalist Christians. I know plenty of fundie Christians and neither of these two men fits the bill.

So, it all comes down to being subjective...This means, people can vary in their opinions about who to term as fundamentals...Proved my point :)

I don't know how you can deny Bush and his secretary Rumsfeld were not fundamentalists given videos I posted where US media itself reporting of them being using religious excerpts/teachings.

Fundamentals do play a role in US politics to extent they are starting to impact on international arena.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/jerusalem-donald-trump-israel-capital-decision-reason-why-evangelical-voters-us-fear-a8099321.html

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/markaz/2017/12/15/trumps-jerusalem-decision-is-a-victory-for-evangelical-politics/

https://www.indy100.com/article/president-donald-trump-jerusalem-israel-capital-tel-aviv-evangelicals-apocalypse-third-temple-theory-8096596

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Modi didn't take power in a vacuum. The notorious corruption that stagnates India has caused the emigrants from India to agitate for change at home and Modi is the result and he is in many ways similar to Trump in that he is a populist, a nationalist, and he looks to the nation's traditions as part of the answer to India's challenges.

I do not argue that the man is an extremist and please note that I personally do not support his bent for persecuting anyone who isn't a Hindu. My Sikh coworkers in particular hate the man for his oppression of Sikhism.

The problem is that India is a majority Hindu country and the majority of Hindus feel slighted enough that they elected an extremist to correct what they viewed as a pervasive anti-Indian and anti-Hindu agenda being pursued in their government.

hmm...now the problem is that minorities in India, Pakistan and to some extent China view India as more hostile entity, now...problematic for south asia, this scenario is. About time, Pakistanis also elect religious/nationalist leaders rather than voting for liberals and seculars.

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Israel is surrounded by enemies who have repeatedly attacked it and Israel has survived. Israel's government is focused on Israel's survival.

As to the so-called Palestinians they have imposed their plight upon themselves and I have no sympathy for them. They chose the wrong side in a series of wars that were intended to exterminate the Jews and they lost. Losing a single war has consequences. Losing a bunch of wars has dire consequences.

Among those consequences is that the victor gets to decide what happens with the losers' land. The Palestinians lost. A lot.

Memo:

1. Don't start wars you can't afford to lose.

End of memo.

[B-o]

:)

When and how Palestinians (Muslims and Christians) wanted to exterminate Jews? I didn't know about that, sir. They were/are against Israel not against Jews. Palestinians, in their history did do mistakes, like any other nation but putting all blame on them is nothing but ignorance and strong bias against them.

So, might is right. Just because Israelis won, they will do anything?..And we are told we are living in civilized world, 21st century? Law of Jungle?

I guess, someone will praise Hither as well because he when once had power exterminated Jews and invaded countries...might is right? So why condemn Hitler? I also wonder why Israelis/Jews didn't carve out Germany for land to live in...After all, the Germans were responsible for murder of Jews and throwing them out of country not Palestinians.

There is no way to justify what Israelis are doing. They are annexing the land, continuously regardless of UN/world condemnation. I wonder sometimes, how similar NK and Israel are when it comes to defy all International laws...

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
There's a difference between a leader who follows a religion and having religious precepts baked into governing principles with a totalitarian demand for obedience.

Which one of those would describe something like Hamas, I wonder.

Well, Americans are religious...In each breath, they say....God Bless America.

Rung some bells?

As I have posted videos over here, that's tell you how Rumsfeld and Bush were into their religions. To me, they were fundamentalists.

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
Nonsense. The aim of moving the American embassy to Israel's declared capital of Jerusalem where the country centres administrative, national and political institutions goes back years of multiple American administrations - Republican and Democrat.

It's not religious. It's political. Islam has trouble seeing the difference, is the problem.

Political? So, when you guys do it, it becomes political while when you find something similar on other side, it becomes the matter of religion and fundamentalism. You are clearly and subliminally accepting my point that it all depends on how you look at it (subjective matter)...U can't generalize.

You can't deny the influence of Israelis in US...Son in law of Trump is Jewish...American presidents when tour to Israel visit holy sites...Tell me how it is political..??

Yeah you're right that American administrations were trying to move the embassy for quite a time but it still didn't refute my point, actually reinforced that Evangelical Christians long wanted that and believe ...

The Jerusalem decision should remind us of the remarkable influence that Christian fundamentalist worldviews have enjoyed over Republican foreign policy for the past four decades, in particular the views of Christian Zionists, who believe that the return of the Jews to the Holy Land is in accordance with God’s will, and biblical prophecy.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/markaz/2017/12/15/trumps-jerusalem-decision-is-a-victory-for-evangelical-politics/

https://www.indy100.com/article/president-donald-trump-jerusalem-israel-capital-tel-aviv-evangelicals-apocalypse-third-temple-theory-8096596

There are those evangelicals who believe in the prophecy of the ‘End of Days’ foretelling Jewish control of all Jerusalem, a war of civilisations, and a choice of Jews to either embrace Christianity or die in the wrath of God

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/jerusalem-donald-trump-israel-capital-decision-reason-why-evangelical-voters-us-fear-a8099321.html

N_Fiddledog @ Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:50 am

$1:
Well, Americans are religious...In each breath, they say....God Bless America.

Rung some bells?

In Canada we had a Prime Minister who would talk to his dead dog, but there's never been any legislation requiring a leader to do that.

Yes Americans can say God Bless America. I think the American penny says "In God we trust."

But there's no government law requiring you to trust in God. In fact, there's good legal argument saying you don't have to:

Separation of church and state in the United States

In America, they have freedom of speech written into their constitution. In Pakistan, they have a Blasphemy law.

See the difference?

A law that can kill you for leaving a particular religion is a religious law. It's theocratic. Choosing to say God bless America is not. Not if you can also choose not to.

Get it?

N_Fiddledog @ Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:19 am

Now as to this subjective/objective thing you can't be making this litany of subjective proclamations then demand others be objective. That's silly.

Here's something that isn't subjective though. Until you can show us some evidence Trump said he's moving the American Embassy to Jerusalem for religious reasons you have no proof he said it. What he did say was more like this:

$1:
Citing a 1995 law, the Jerusalem Embassy Act, compelling the president make the move absent national security risks, Trump said the time had come to recognize what everyone already knows to be true. "Jerusalem is the capital the Jewish people established in ancient times," he said. "Today Jerusalem is the seat of Israel's government."

"This is nothing more or less than a recognition of the reality," he added.

http://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/WATCH- ... lem-517201

Now if somebody has an opinion that Trump doesn't know his own mind and really he's just being religious, well that would be his opinion. That would be subjective.

But Trump did say what he said and it had nothing to do with religion. His administration also said not recognizing the reality hasn't helped the peace process so it's time to try a new tact.

Public_Domain @ Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:19 am

bootlegga bootlegga:
Strutz Strutz:
Well stated DD. It's for the same reasons I log in and contribute less frequently lately.

Yep, likewise.

Agreed...

Fighter @ Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:56 am

Urdu (/ˈʊərduː/;[9] Urdu: اُردُو‬‎ ALA-LC: Urdū [ˈʊrd̪uː] (About this sound listen), or Modern Standard Urdu) is a Persianised and standardised register of the Hindustani language.[10][11] It is the official national language and lingua franca of Pakistan. In India, it is one of the 22 official languages recognized in the Constitution of India, having official status in the five states of Jammu and Kashmir, Telangana, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, and Jharkhand, as well as the national capital territory of Delhi.

Although the word Urdu is derived from the Turkic word ordu (army) or orda, from which English horde is also derived.

In Pakistan, Urdu is mostly learned as a second or a third language as nearly 93% of Pakistan's population has a native language other than Urdu. Despite this, Urdu was chosen as a token of unity and as a lingua franca so as not to give any native Pakistani language preference over the other. Urdu is therefore spoken and understood by the vast majority in some form or another, including a majority of urban dwellers in such cities as Karachi, Lahore, Okara District, Sialkot, Rawalpindi, Islamabad, Multan, Faisalabad, Hyderabad, Peshawar, Quetta, Jhang, Sargodha and Skardu. It is written, spoken and used in all provinces/territories of Pakistan although the people from differing provinces may have different indigenous languages, as from the fact that it is the "base language" of the country. For this reason, it is also taught as a compulsory subject up to higher secondary school in both English and Urdu medium school systems. This has produced millions of Urdu speakers from people whose native language is one of the State languages of Pakistan such as Standard Punjabi, Pashto, Sindhi, Balochi, Potwari, Hindko, Pahari, Saraiki, Balti, and Brahui who can read and write only Urdu. It is absorbing many words from the regional languages of Pakistan. This variation of Urdu is sometimes referred to as Pakistani Urdu.[citation needed]

Although most of the population is conversant in Urdu, it is the first language of only an estimated 7% of the population who are mainly Muslim immigrants (known as Muhajir in Pakistan) from different parts of South Asia. The regional languages are also being influenced by Urdu vocabulary. There are millions of Pakistanis whose native language is not Urdu, but because they have studied in Urdu medium schools, they can read and write Urdu along with their native language. Most of the nearly five million Afghan refugees of different ethnic origins (such as Pashtun, Tajik, Uzbek, Hazarvi, and Turkmen) who stayed in Pakistan for over twenty-five years have also become fluent in Urdu. With such a large number of people(s) speaking Urdu, the language has acquired a peculiar Pakistani flavour further distinguishing it from the Urdu spoken by native speakers and diversifying the language even further.

Outside South Asia, it is spoken by large numbers of migrant South Asian workers in the major urban centres of the Persian Gulf countries. Urdu is also spoken by large numbers of immigrants and their children in the major urban centres of the United Kingdom, the United States, Canada, Germany, Norway, and Australia. Along with Arabic, Urdu is among the immigrant languages with the most speakers in Catalonia, leading to fears of linguistic ghettos.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindi%E2%80%93Urdu_controversy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urdu

If you guys are interested, I may help you in knowing how Urdu sentences are pronounced in daily life routines...

DrCaleb @ Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:04 am

Thanks man. [B-o]

Not something I lie awake at night wondering about, but I did find it interesting.

ShepherdsDog @ Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:33 am

The Tards will think you're trying to indoctrinate them.

Sunnyways @ Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:59 am

Interesting stuff. So Turkic peoples brought Islam and Persian culture to India. Years ago, I was surprised by a comment in Midnight’s Children where a character’s ‘Lucknow-type Urdu’ was praised, Lucknow being in India. However, I wasn’t aware of the debate about Rushdie’s own knowledge of Hindi and Urdu until I googled that phrase today:

https://books.google.ca/books?id=WFahzm ... du&f=false

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next