Canada Kicks Ass
Was watching local Pakistani Youtube Channel then...

Fighter @ Fri May 17, 2019 4:10 am

Then

That channel brought this story to my attention...Haunted things in world were being told on that channel, and Canadian one included...

Story apparently begins from 1915 when newly married couple arrives in that room, room no. 873

The Terrors of Banff Springs Hotel Room 873

Ancient temples and monuments aren’t the only places where you can find mysterious locked doors. Sometimes, a simple hotel room can be the site of enough horrors to prompt its owners to seal it off for good.

One example of such a riddle can be found at the Banff Springs Hotel in Alberta, Canada. On the 8th floor of this picturesque hotel, you may notice that room 873 is mysteriously absent. Where the door to this room should be, you’ll find only a large expanse of empty wall. Although room 873 seems to have vanished, its door still exists behind this sealed-up section of wall. If you knock on this section of wall, you can clearly hear that it is hollow inside.

According to the legends surrounding the room, many years ago a married couple checked into room 873 with their young daughter. They were a typical, happy family on holiday. That is, until they entered room 873. In the middle of the night, something in the room caused the husband to go insane, and he violently killed his wife and child before taking his own life.

After the violent deaths, the hotel renovated the room and started renting it again, hoping to move past the tragedy. However, guests would regularly be awoken by blood-curdling screams, only to find bloody handprints marking the walls. Some were thrown from their beds or even found the bloody hands marking their own bodies.

Are these incidents the result of the massacred family remaining in room 873? Or were these guests getting a taste of what drove the murderer mad? Either way, the hotel opted to lock the door to the room forever and seal it off behind a brick wall. Considering its bloody history, room 873 is another of the world’s mysterious locked doors that should probably remain closed.

https://slappedham.com/mysterious-locked-doors/

The missing 'haunted' room: 873. Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel

Fighter @ Fri May 17, 2019 4:11 am

You guys know about this? visited there ever?

DrCaleb @ Fri May 17, 2019 6:04 am

I have been to that hotel many times. Absolutely stunning views. On my honeymoon, I had a cigar and a glass of Remy Martin 5 Star on the East deck, facing that mountain. (Same at the Chateau Lake Louise, facing the lake)

Good times!

Never heard about a haunted room though. Never put much stock in such things.

DrCaleb @ Fri May 17, 2019 6:09 am

A view of the hotel, from up the mountain:

And the Chateau Lake Louise:

DrCaleb @ Fri May 17, 2019 6:24 am

Oh! Almost forgot the third jewel in that series, the Jasper Park Lodge:

It's off to the right, on the other side of the lake, surrounded by it's own golf course. I had a membership to that course for a few years. :) To the left is the town of Jasper.

DrCaleb @ Fri May 17, 2019 6:26 am

And since you like spooky stuff, in that picture of JPL, there is 'Old Man Mountain'. Guess why it's called that? ;)

stratos @ Fri May 17, 2019 6:52 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
I have been to that hotel many times. Absolutely stunning views. On my honeymoon, I had a cigar and a glass of Remy Martin 5 Star on the East deck, facing that mountain. (Same at the Chateau Lake Louise, facing the lake)

Good times!

I know a couple of ppl that stayed there. Showed me some pictures of the place. Stunning views. Never mentioned a word about being spooky or anything. Either way I still want to go there some time and just gaze, drink and cuddle with the lady I'm with.

Dang it Dr. your pictures make me want to go there this winter. :lol:

DrCaleb @ Fri May 17, 2019 7:00 am

stratos stratos:
Dang it Dr. your pictures make me want to go there this winter. :lol:

[B-o]

Winter and summer are actually the worst time to go. Way too many tourists. The best time for Jasper/Banff is September/October. In early September, many Europeans take a vacation, so there are lots of European Tourists. Late September is better. In spring, it's Asian tourists.

The best time are the shoulder seasons, between when school/University is still in, and there is not enough snow on the ground to ski.

llama66 @ Fri May 17, 2019 7:08 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Good times!

I have. The room is now sealed iirc.

Tricks @ Fri May 17, 2019 7:21 am

Probably got damaged and they didn't want to fix it so they sealed it and made up some bullshit to get people to visit.

llama66 @ Fri May 17, 2019 8:38 am

Tricks Tricks:
Probably got damaged and they didn't want to fix it so they sealed it and made up some bullshit to get people to visit.

It would be cheaper to fix the room. A closed room means less revenue. But it is the Banff Springs Hotel, I doubt they'd notice the drop in revenue.

BartSimpson @ Fri May 17, 2019 8:44 am

Room 873 is where the CSIS keeps their secret surveillance center. :wink:

Tricks @ Fri May 17, 2019 9:02 am

llama66 llama66:
Tricks Tricks:

It would be cheaper to fix the room. A closed room means less revenue. But it is the Banff Springs Hotel, I doubt they'd notice the drop in revenue.

That would involve people looking further than 14 seconds in front of their face.

Fighter @ Sat May 18, 2019 12:34 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
And since you like spooky stuff, in that picture of JPL, there is 'Old Man Mountain'. Guess why it's called that? ;)

Old man mountain? Ghost of Old man? sounds scary....

Nice photos you posted...Just looked like our northern areas.

[B-o]

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Room 873 is where the CSIS keeps their secret surveillance center. :wink:

Yes...a possibility :mrgreen:

Fighter @ Sat May 18, 2019 12:35 pm

Tricks Tricks:

I don't think so :)