Canada Kicks Ass
What are you eating?

Previous  1 ... 134  135  136  137  138  139  Next

herbie @ Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:38 am

Wife found Korean BBQ sauce on sale. We've had that shit on everything... tonight I have to figure out dinner. It's Friday and our town is down to ONE restaurant now and it's dreadful.

herbie @ Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:12 pm

So I was FORCED to make Mapa Tofu and Black Bean Spare ribs. Had to hold back on the hot sauce a bit...

raydan @ Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:51 pm

Sausage and mushroom Risotto... with Parmesan cheese, of choice.

Strutz @ Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:09 pm

We had a pork roast tonight with potatoes and asparagus as sides. It was yummy!

It was a small shoulder blade cut that was really inexpensive that I made a dry rub for (herbs, spices and a bit of olive oil) and and let sit in the fridge for a few hours then seared it on all sides and roasted it in broth and the brine created by the rub. Enough for dinner and leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

DrCaleb @ Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:02 am

Went to a great local restaurant last night, Biera. [drool]

OMG what deliciousness! Small portions, but absolutely delicious. Their winter salad was in all the review articles I read, and it did not disappoint. It is the first salad I've had that I wasn't bored with at the end. The Trout with roe was astounding, the dumplings like little fluffy balls of clouds, the grilled mushrooms as good as any escargot I've had. And in house made beer! [drool]

herbie @ Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:33 am

She kept making salads with these stringy garden clippings instead of real lettuce, Took the liberty to toss out what was left of it in the fridge and said it went all limp... :twisted:

raydan @ Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:30 pm

My pâté chinois is in the oven... risky, I know. [drool]

raydan @ Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:19 pm

Home-made baby back ribs in the slow cooker with mashed potatoes. [drool]

Strutz @ Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:27 pm

I'm soon going to make my avocado salsa (with tomato, cucumber, green onion and garlic) so it can meld for awhile in the fridge and later we'll make our own breaded chicken strips and have chicken wraps for dinner.

We have a head of living butter lettuce (local farm) in the fridge that we bought almost 2 weeks ago that just keeps growing... we've peeled off outer leaves a few times to use and there is still lots and it's not even wilting or browning. 8O

raydan @ Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:30 pm

Not eating at these places now... but I'd love to. [drool]

Around the World in 23 Curries: The Best From New York to New Delhi

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/arou ... -new-delhi

Freakinoldguy @ Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:13 pm

Chicken Wings

Home made Fried Rice,

Wax beans and

a Green Salad with bacon bits and parmesan cheese on top.

Waiting patiently for Sunday and the big chicken with all the fixen's. [cheer]

ladyfrom90s @ Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:10 am

Fries, chicken wings with bbq sauce, couple of beers!

DrCaleb @ Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:41 am

Is it weird that I like Oatmeal with a little Garam or Tandoori Masala?

Been going through the cupboards, and realized I am a bit of a hoarder when it comes to long term foods. Chickpeas, kilos of Oatmeal, preserved bits of garden (pickles, beans, fermented corn) from 4 or 5 years ago . . . well, it will be an interesting menu the next few weeks!

herbie @ Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:05 am

BBQ still frozen in a mountain of ice in the yard and I have a fridge full of lamb chops!
Oh well, just have to "make do"....

Thanos @ Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:44 am

Popeye's chicken tenders with sweet heat sauce, and Cajun fries. Jayzus this is hot! 8O

:lol:

Previous  1 ... 134  135  136  137  138  139  Next