Canada Kicks Ass
What are you eating?

Previous  1 ... 135  136  137  138  139  Next

DrCaleb @ Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:57 am

Homemade pasta beats the isolation blues

DrCaleb @ Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:33 am

Braided Challah with Homemade Butter and Apple Butter

DrCaleb @ Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:52 am

Just a little salad with a Dijon vinaigrette I made. I honestly don't know why people buy dressing, or sauces for that matter. Once you see how easy and delicious making your own is, you won't either.

And related:

How Covid-19 Is Making Millions of Americans Healthier

Strutz @ Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:32 am

DrCaleb wrote:
Just a little salad with a Dijon vinaigrette I made. I honestly don't know why people buy dressing, or sauces for that matter. Once you see how easy and delicious making your own is, you won't either.

And related:

That is an interesting article. It makes sense that people are eating healthier in general, which is a great thing!

We rarely eat out as we both like to cook and do come up with different ideas using quite basic ingredients.

I do miss going to our neighborhood pub for dinner & hockey though. :(

DrCaleb @ Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:41 am

Strutz wrote:
DrCaleb wrote:

And related:

That is an interesting article. It makes sense that people are eating healthier in general, which is a great thing!

We rarely eat out as we both like to cook and do come up with different ideas using quite basic ingredients.

Same, but over the years I've transitioned from pre-packed stuff like Fish and Chips, to my own beer battered cod from a really good fishmonger. Which in a prairie town, is really hard to find!

And the last time I was at the grocer, they still didn't have yeast. :( You need the fast rising for beer batter.

Strutz wrote:
I do miss going to our neighborhood pub for dinner & hockey though. :(

I miss Saturdays at the Legion. :(

raydan @ Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:46 am

What is this "hockey" you speak of?

DrCaleb @ Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:54 am

In the before time, 'Hockey' was a ritual where people would put knives on their boots, use them to travel over ice and fight over a rubber disk using sticks.

Strutz @ Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:57 am

raydan wrote:
What is this "hockey" you speak of?

According to Wikipedia...

Quote:
Ice hockey is a contact team sport played on ice, usually in a rink, in which two teams of skaters use their sticks to shoot a vulcanized rubber puck into their opponent's net to score goals

Beer consumption is not mentioned in the definition so I question the source. :wink:

raydan @ Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:12 pm

Home made fried rice with... [drool]
bacon
sausage
mushrooms
red peppers

DrCaleb @ Tue May 26, 2020 10:37 am

Waffles. Home made, because I have a waffle iron.

Topped with whip cream, cherry jam and chocolate shavings - Black Forest style.

I call them my "Lufftewaffles".

herbie @ Tue May 26, 2020 12:43 pm

I miss our travelling fishmonger.
Four meat managers in a row at SaveOn I've told there is this town called Prince Rupert, which is where the fucking road goes, that is on the ocean and has huge suppliers of salmon, crab, oysters, halibut etc... get some in your fucking store. They're all stubble-jumpers who tell me nobody buys any. Good way to make sure nobody buys it, don't stock it. Other than frozen Highliner Atlantic salmon and Vieetnamese SewerFish.

Forget Capt. Hanglider frozen fish and chips. The box that was $3.99 last year was $11.98. 2% annual inflation, ya know...

DrCaleb @ Wed May 27, 2020 6:17 am

herbie wrote:
I miss our travelling fishmonger.

We had a store here in Edmonton that flew in fish from Iceland daily.

I haven't been there in a while, but it would be ironic if we had fresher fish than a coastal city.

DrCaleb @ Wed May 27, 2020 7:40 am

'My [sourdough yeast] starter looks dead' — and other sourdough stresses solved here

herbie @ Wed May 27, 2020 11:53 am

If only I could stop the wifey from making "Chinese food" recipes that white women post on Facebook.... yukkk

herbie @ Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:21 pm

Had some energy today, whipped up home made Hot&Sour soup and first time Vietnamese Salad Rolls. Easy! But typically as I admired the first one ever... forgot the noodles. The rest got extra noodles...
I get sick of eating big hunks of meat all the time.
Gotta add coconut milk to the list for next trip to town. Under a dollar at the Chinese Store.

Previous  1 ... 135  136  137  138  139  Next