Canada Kicks Ass
What are you eating?

Previous  1 ... 145  146  147  148  149  150  151 ... 154  Next

CDN_PATRIOT @ Sat Dec 25, 2021 8:44 am

Where did green peas come from? I eat fish and chips with some tartar sauce on the side, and a tall glass of iced tea, or ginger ale :mrgreen:

-J.

herbie @ Sat Dec 25, 2021 12:47 pm

Mushy peas! Not a real chippie if they don't include those!

Trying to recover by eating healthy. Took my pills this morning with a smoothie.. greenie-brown gucky thing looked like what I've been coughing up.
:twisted:
enjoy your dinner...

DrCaleb @ Sat Dec 25, 2021 1:48 pm

herbie herbie:
Mushy peas! Not a real chippie if they don't include those!

^^^

Mushy peas are the same thing that makes up Beyond Sausage. Veggie based bacon is made from Wheat Gluten and Aquafaba, which is a bean derivative. Both of which, being plant based, are better environmentally than meat.

CDN_PATRIOT @ Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:08 pm

Eww.

I'll stick with meat. I'm too much of a carnivore not to.

-J.

Strutz @ Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:56 pm

We had a (almost 2lb) cornish hen for Christmas eve dinner. Perfect size for the 2 of us to have with mashed potato, brussel sprouts, cranberry sauce and my bf even made a small batch of stuffing for the little birdie. We even had enough drippings to make a small amount of gravy. [drool] Just enough left over to have heated up on Christmas day as I had to work until 615 so leftovers were perfect

Tonight it's bacon with perogies. :lol:

herbie @ Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:46 pm

Cornish game hens for Xmas. Our first Christmas together, in the tiny basement suite with no friends, all our kids had moved away. We swore Boxing Day never to let that happen again.
Even the last 2 Covid Xmas's we made sure to invite another couple w no family for dinner.

At least back then we were young and new and even interested in entertaining each other.

Strutz @ Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:39 pm

herbie herbie:
Cornish game hens for Xmas. Our first Christmas together, in the tiny basement suite with no friends, all our kids had moved away. We swore Boxing Day never to let that happen again.
Even the last 2 Covid Xmas's we made sure to invite another couple w no family for dinner.

At least back then we were young and new and even interested in entertaining each other.

Well, it was actually the first time in the over 8yrs we've been together that we even made a cornish hen. We have a roast chicken every few weeks so nothing too special about doing one so we thought we'd do something similar, but different. Our family and friends either live out of town or were out of town so we had our own little thing and enjoyed it.

CDN_PATRIOT @ Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:56 am

I had some yogurt just now, but I'm debating what I want for brunch when I get back in from running some errands. Might have some lemon cake [drool]

-J.

Strutz @ Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:59 pm

I have a loaf of banana walnut bread in the oven that will be done in about 30min. We had a couple of very ripe bananas on the counter and everything else needed so... [drool] soon.

herbie @ Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:42 pm

Goddam cough and stuffed head for 4 days now. Whipping up a beef stir fry loaded with garlic and chili... burn it out.
If it wasn't so damn cold and I feel so shitty, I'd drive the 100 km just to get some 5 star level Vindaloo!

DrCaleb @ Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:49 pm

Five bean burritos, with green sauce. [drool]

herbie @ Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:02 pm

Quit reminding me of my age!
I could once eat 5 burritos. 24 oz steaks. A Wendys 3/4 lb super meal, Grampa burgers at A&Rubberchew...

Still enjoy hot dogs once in a while, but 1/2 the second one goes to the dog.

raydan @ Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:33 pm

I ate 13 hot-dogs once... I was 17.

DrCaleb @ Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:59 pm

My friends and I used to go into McD's and see who could eat $20 worth. Now, that's a burger and fries.

herbie @ Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:54 pm

I'm so fucking old the McDonalds thing in college was
Where else can you eat until you puke for only $2.00?"

Previous  1 ... 145  146  147  148  149  150  151 ... 154  Next