Canada Kicks Ass
What are you eating?

Previous  1 ... 146  147  148  149  150  151  152 ... 161  Next

Strutz @ Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:32 pm

It smells wonderful in here. Cabbage rolls my bf made today are in the oven. Soon... [drool]

herbie @ Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:15 pm

HAd to hunt down somewhere in PG with indoor dining but I got to pig out on a bowl of Hot & Sour soup and a huge plate of Spicy Dry ribs last night. Still stunk of garlic this morning!
But shit, even the bowl of steamed rice was delicious because someone else had to make it!

added: also checked out the Asian store (Marquee) for some Korean Chili powder... all they has were 1 kg bags. Can't possible use that up in 10 years!

DrCaleb @ Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:06 am

herbie herbie:
H
added: also checked out the Asian store (Marquee) for some Korean Chili powder... all they has were 1 kg bags. Can't possible use that up in 10 years!

That's for the making of the KimChi. [drool]

herbie @ Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:15 pm

There's just two of us and she's not that fond of Korean food. Even stuff we both like mostly gets tossed. Who could eat a quart of seaweed salad or kimchi?
Shit everything seems to be stocked now AS BIG AS POSSIBLE.... mushrooms at SaveOn the size of bar stools, carrots bigger than your head, 12 bok choys bundled and sold as a package, and recently steaks packaged in 4s for like $90

DrCaleb @ Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:20 pm

I buy quart jars of Kinchi at the farmers market. Takes about 2 months for me to eat it.

Beans and rice and Kimchi is kind of a staple lunch for me.

Edit - Some Korean friends taught me how to eat it properly. You take a big leaf, lay it out across some warm rice, then fold it with chopsticks capturing a hot pocket of rice in the cold Kimchi. Down the hatch! [drool]

DrCaleb @ Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:57 pm

KD with the nicely lively Habanero sauce:

raydan @ Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:45 am

Something to try...

Lebanese poutine

DrCaleb @ Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:34 am

Baking up a batch of Cannabis Ginger Snaps. [drool] [drunk]

raydan @ Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:55 pm

It's poutine week! [drool]

Strutz @ Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:41 pm

Is that bacon on top of that mound of cheesy gravy goodness?

raydan @ Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:55 pm

Strutz Strutz:
Is that bacon on top of that mound of cheesy gravy goodness?

I don't know but the presence of the sesame seeds makes be believe it's Korean beef.

Strutz @ Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:00 pm

Now that I took another look perhaps you are correct. Some sliced green onion garnish as well.

Doesn't matter, it has 2 of the 3 most important toppings any food can have, and never have enough of (chocolate being the 3rd). Bacon would have made it supreme! [drool]

raydan @ Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:08 pm

Strutz Strutz:
Now that I took another look perhaps you are correct. Some sliced green onion garnish as well.

Doesn't matter, it has 2 of the 3 most important toppings any food can have, and never have enough of (chocolate being the 3rd). Bacon would have made it supreme! [drool]

I was curious and went looking...

Ingredients...
Bulgogi beef, pepperoni, bacon, steak, cheese curds, gravy

Strutz @ Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:41 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
I buy quart jars of Kinchi at the farmers market. Takes about 2 months for me to eat it.

I remembered this post by you when I saw this headline...

$1:
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency began an investigation into the brand Hankook (written in Korean characters only) after an undisclosed number of people reported illness.

During its investigation it was determined that the brand's Original Kimchi may be contaminated with E. coli.

Initially, the CFIA announced a recall of the 1670-gram packages with the best-before date of Jan. 29. Over the weekend, the recall was expanded to include products best before Jan. 23 as well.

The products are being recalled by T-Brothers Food and Trading Ltd., and were sold in Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba in addition to B.C.

The investigation is still underway, so there may be other recall notices issued, CFIA said.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/recall-expanded-a ... -1.5772048

Hopefully the one you buy is not affected by this.

DrCaleb @ Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:01 am

Strutz Strutz:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
I buy quart jars of Kimchi at the farmers market. Takes about 2 months for me to eat it.

I remembered this post by you when I saw this headline...

Hopefully the one you buy is not affected by this.

Thanks! No, that brand is sold at Costco, I never buy it. My money is always with the Farmers Market vendor. They make super sweet and spicy Kim Chi.

Thanks for thinking of me though. [B-o]

Previous  1 ... 146  147  148  149  150  151  152 ... 161  Next