Canada Kicks Ass
What are you eating?

Previous  1 ... 151  152  153  154  155  Next

herbie @ Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:21 am

Attempted "Shaking beef" last night. On a scale of A to F, gave myself an E. :(

Tip: never buy that shit labelled "stir fry" in the meat section.

DrCaleb @ Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:23 am

herbie herbie:
Tip: never buy that shit in the meat section.

FTFY. Go to a proper butcher if you can.

herbie @ Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:41 pm

$1:
FTFY. Go to a proper butcher if you can.

Like those even exist around here... I wish! The 21 yr old who stocked the shelves for 4 months is now the meat manager.

Well Sunday and I promised to make myself Sunday dinners since the wife died. Today was Peanut Chicken Ramen Satay.

This time I'd rate it a B. Would've been an A- with a little more coconut milk to make it smoother and a touch more Sambal Olek...

DrCaleb @ Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:37 am

herbie herbie:
This time I'd rate it a B. Would've been an A- with a little more coconut milk to make it smoother and a touch more Sambal Olek...

If you can get it, coconut cream is the ticket. Thicker, needs less to create that perfect smoothness.

herbie @ Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:12 pm

The local SaveOn had no 2% milk, I got the last loaf of white bread, no bacon advertised in the flyer, no cilantro, no goddam peanuts even, no bean sprouts so lightning would've struck before coconut cream was ever in stock.
Whatever you want to cook, they will be out of at least one vital component.

One must make do. Like 1950 Britain....

DrCaleb @ Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:41 pm

I bought 'nut milk bags', which are super fine mesh strainers. I buy whole almonds, coconut, oats, whatever - and make my own. Sometimes, you just have to.

I lost so many of my favourite things when a local Organic grocery chain shut down, that I have to resort to these things to keep eating the things I like.

raydan @ Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:54 am

A friend sent me a recipe but I have no idea if I could find some of the ingredients and Senegalese French isn't easy to understand, even for me.

Strutz @ Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:19 pm

/\ that looks time-consuming, both for shopping for the ingredients and different cooking methods.

I bet it's all yummy though!

raydan @ Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:37 pm

I've just figured out how much garlic is too much garlic.

Hint: It's a lot. [drool]

raydan @ Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:41 pm

Chicken burger with spicy antipasto, Swiss cheese, a few sliced of fried pepperoni and mayo, with a side of Greek salad.

DrCaleb @ Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:11 pm

Sushi. With real Ginger beer.

Strutz @ Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:41 pm

I have a small steak thawed out and some random veggies to use up so it will be a stir-fry night for us.

herbie @ Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:52 pm

Made Thai curry noodles, tossed in 1/2 a pack of frozen seafood medley, turned out pretty damn good

Strutz @ Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:28 am

Cooler morning + 2 overripe bananas = banana bread! In the oven right now and smelling good!

Strutz @ Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:57 pm

Leftover Chinese food day today. We ordered in last night from our favourite local place and changed it up a bit with our selections. We had a craving for some wonton soup and decided to just get the medium size rather than the large because of the other dishes we ordered. Good thing as even with the medium size we had about 6 or 7 wontons each which was a perfect amount and it was so good too! [drool] Everything arrived piping hot and quick!

Previous  1 ... 151  152  153  154  155  Next