Canada Kicks Ass
What are you eating?

Previous  1 ... 152  153  154  155  156  157  158 ... 161  Next

housewife @ Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:04 am

Darn now I want wonton soup! Grandson asked for hamburgers tonight so that’s the plan. Kid is spoiled lol

herbie @ Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:32 pm

Mix some soya sauce with chinese black vinegar, mix in a a tsp or so of Saigon chili oil.
Put the wontons out of the soup onto a plate and throw the rest of it away. Pour the mix over the wontons.

raydan @ Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:13 pm

Homemade butter chicken. I give it a 9 out of 10 for taste and a 2 out of 5 hot peppers, 5 being the max I can tolerate... and I can tolerate a lot. [drool]

Strutz @ Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:44 pm

I found a good small batch (12) banana muffin recipe that I tried out yesterday. Pretty yummy!

Strutz @ Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:58 pm

We had our always good take-out supper from our local Ukrainian hall this afternoon. The usual combo of perogies, cabbage rolls and meatballs in mushroom gravy. There is also apple crisp to have later.

We also bought 2 portions of frozen borscht. The bowls are actually quite big and we found that last time one was fine for us to warm up and share along with the buns they provide to have with. [drool] That's for tomorrow and another day.

herbie @ Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:36 pm

Holy shit! The local SaveOn had actual pita bread (not the 'Dumpsters' pita pockets) and I got all excited as I had a couple lanb chops in the freezer. Benn a couple years since they stocked any.
But the tzatziki was only in like quart size, and I'm alone. So I figured WTH make my own, but yogurt was only stocked in ice cream bucket sizes....
Then I noticed fresh oysters in stock for the first time in a year. Oyster burgers!!! (my wife used to love making me those before she passed) and of course - they had no fucking buns....

So I just had a lovely pig out on deep fried oysters and pita bread. To hell with the cole slaw all I need is a Ricards Red to go with it.... which the LCB here is out of that too.
So I made do with some weird new Coke Zero thing. You'd think I was living in post war Britain FFS!

DrCaleb @ Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:23 am

Never been to H mart before. Interesting. Lots of new things. Can't read some labels, and I'm not that adventurous. But I did get some rice cakes with chili sauce - which I love, and some banana and jackfruit, and banana and purple yam salad rolls.

We'll See how those are. :)

Strutz @ Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:50 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Never been to H mart before. Interesting. Lots of new things. Can't read some labels, and I'm not that adventurous. But I did get some rice cakes with chili sauce - which I love, and some banana and jackfruit, and banana and purple yam salad rolls.

I'd never heard of H mart so I googled it. Turns out it's an American grocery chain and there is even one here but it is located in a mall I never go to but I've never seen any advertising for it either.

DrCaleb @ Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:32 am

One opened here in Edmonton just at the end of the before time. Hadn't gone there before.

I knew it was a US chain, but it also concentrates on Korean and Thai food, where the other chain T&T is more Chinese. I think there is even a song about it. ;)

DrCaleb @ Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:46 am

Mac & Cheese, deluxe.

Oyster mushrooms, pasta in a thick cheese sauce, made with sodium citrate and a ton of cheddar, gorgonzola and Gouda. Nice bread crumb crust on top. [drool]

Strutz @ Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:13 pm

/\ sounds good! Home made mac & cheese is a regular thing for us to have and we sometimes add a twist to it.

Last night, for the first time in awhile actually, we had pork back ribs with my yummy maple basting sauce. Sooooo good! [drool]

Strutz @ Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:13 pm

Soon to have one of our favourite dinners that my partner is making right now.

Poached eggs served on top of hash browns with bacon on the side, of course. [drool]

I swear that bacon is one of the best aromas EVER!!!

housewife @ Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:59 pm

Oh that sounds good!

bootlegga @ Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:06 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

H-Mart has a couple good Korean restaurants in it, and the bakery sells lots of incredible bread and European treats, as well as Korean corndogs (corndogs covered in french fries [drool] ).

Overall, it's a bit pricer than T&T, which used to be owned by a Taiwanese company until it was bought out by Loblaws a few years ago.

I like both stores, but with H-MArt being way on the southside, I only get there once or twice a year.

DrCaleb @ Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:18 pm

bootlegga bootlegga:
Overall, it's a bit pricer than T&T, which used to be owned by a Taiwanese company until it was bought out by Loblaws a few years ago.

I like both stores, but with H-MArt being way on the southside, I only get there once or twice a year.

I think it has many things that T&T doesn't. There is a while aisle dedicated to sauces, ofr example. Some pretty strange combos too. But I like it!

Will have to try those corndogs though. :) The Banana and Jackfruit, and Banana and yam spring rolls were pretty good too!

Previous  1 ... 152  153  154  155  156  157  158 ... 161  Next