Canada Kicks Ass
What are you eating?

Previous  1 ... 154  155  156  157  158  159  160  161  Next

DrCaleb @ Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:30 pm

I got an air fryer for Christmas, and really like it. I thought it would just be like a convection oven, but it is much faster.

Strutz @ Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:32 pm

herbie herbie:
One day I'll be able to cook without getting corn flour everywhere! Gonna be gravy draining out the clothes washer tomorrow,

I like to bake (bread/muffins/cookies) sometimes but the downside is the mess I make and have to clean up. I don't know how the hell I get flour, butter, etc all over the counter and me but I do. I also seem to use more dishes and utensils than I should. :lol: Just when baking mind you, making dinner I don't do that. It's weird.

DrCaleb @ Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:33 am

Strutz Strutz:
herbie herbie:
One day I'll be able to cook without getting corn flour everywhere! Gonna be gravy draining out the clothes washer tomorrow,

I like to bake (bread/muffins/cookies) sometimes but the downside is the mess I make and have to clean up. I don't know how the hell I get flour, butter, etc all over the counter and me but I do. I also seem to use more dishes and utensils than I should. :lol: Just when baking mind you, making dinner I don't do that. It's weird.

Speaking of corn flour, my go-to thing to make lately is English Muffins. I have a good recipe that uses Greek Yogourt in the mix, and you knead it over 4 hours and let autolize for 10.

Just something neat about 'baked' goods that you fry. :)

And when you toast them, the crispy peaks just soak up the salty butter . . . [drool]

raydan @ Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:40 am

4 of us got together yesterday to play cards and have dinner... homemade lasagne. [drool]

herbie @ Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:07 pm

I just gobbled down $40 worth of sushi & sashimi, which isn't all that much here in the boonies and with today's prices.
But OMG was it good...
Hurt my back 3 weeks ago, not able to stand and prep or cook decent dinner. Frozen crap, soup and sandwiches. My size 36 pants are hanging off me, haven't worn a 36 since high school
Today first day felt like I could drive for a couple hours and go somewhere the diners are edible.

Strutz @ Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:24 pm

When we were shopping a couple of weeks ago I noticed a display of soup sold in a jar imported from Poland (no preservatives, all natural). We decided to buy a jar of the Ukrainian Borscht to try out and finally did today. Only heated up half the jar and added 1/2 cup of water as directed and it was actually quite good. Not quite like the borscht we can get from the local Ukrainian Hall and nowhere near like my grandma's (is anything like grandma's?) but quite yummy anyway. Will have to check out the other types of soup this brand offers in the future.

Had the soup with classic and easy grilled cheese sandwiches. Weird pairing maybe but satisfying.

herbie @ Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:00 pm

Sister came to visit so I tried whipping up Chicken Paprikash, turned out fantastic. She and her hubby had never tried it before. My wife's been gone over a year, it was one of her signature rainy day dishes so I hadn't had any for ages either.

Glad I hovered over her shoulder and learned something about cooking for all those years. Wish I'd learned some of her baking skills too.

Strutz @ Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:33 pm

I just finished making a big bowl of pasta salad loaded with numerous veggies & cheese. It's chilling out for a few hours before we dive in.

Strutz @ Mon May 29, 2023 6:45 pm

For the first time in ages we ordered in pizza and wings. They were sooooo gooood! [drool]

Strutz @ Wed May 31, 2023 8:01 am

A banana muffin with dark chocolate chips and caramel chips. Made a batch yesterday. [drool]

Strutz @ Wed May 31, 2023 4:42 pm

It's been ages since we've had pork side ribs but are having them tonight. They are simmering away right now then will be slathered in my "special" sauce when they get broiled. Basmati rice and carrots & broccoli on the side.

Scape @ Wed May 31, 2023 4:52 pm

Strutz Strutz:
For the first time in ages we ordered in pizza and wings. They were sooooo gooood! [drool]

We have air fryer for wings. It's become a staple. My hot sauce collection is becoming impressive.

DrCaleb @ Sun Jun 11, 2023 6:20 am

herbie @ Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:31 pm

The air fryer has claimed #1 position from the wok. Though this summer, the charcoal BBQ may unseat both.

DrCaleb @ Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:24 pm

If I want smoky BBQ, I just leave the meat near a windows for a couple hours.

Previous  1 ... 154  155  156  157  158  159  160  161  Next