Canada Kicks Ass
What are you reading?

Previous  1 ... 6  7  8  9  10  11  12 ... 26  Next

xerxes @ Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:35 pm

Guns, Germs, and Steel by Jared Diamond.

Regina @ Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:40 pm

Dresden - Tuesday, February 13, 1945 by Fredrick Taylor

Crabbypants @ Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:57 pm

Yay! I just got 'PostSecret' compiled by Frank Warren and I love it. Funny, touching and very compelling - it's a group art project. Postcards from around the world with people's deepest secrets on them... :wink:

Banff @ Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:36 pm

Crabbypants Crabbypants:
Yay! I just got 'PostSecret' compiled by Frank Warren and I love it. Funny, touching and very compelling - it's a group art project. Postcards from around the world with people's deepest secrets on them... :wink:
so are you going to read them ? just want to hear the good stuff .....okay okay enough already I heard enough .

Tricks @ Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:03 pm

I'm reading Sun Tzu's Art of war Right now

Jetcar @ Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:42 am

Thich Nhat Hhan : Taming the Tiger

Mustang1 @ Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:40 am

McRoberts’ “Misconceiving Canada” again.

Wullu @ Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:56 pm

Strangely enough, when you consider the Truman question in another thread, I am reading Debt of Honor by Tom Clancy.......

dunker @ Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:18 pm

Haven't had the nose in a book for some time but my last read was a Tom Wolfe novel called I am Charlotte Simmons. It was entertaining and for fictional work, it still painted a realistic picture of what takes place in Universities across North America. A good read if you are into Tom Wolfe

xerxes @ Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:54 pm

dunker dunker:
Haven't had the nose in a book for some time but my last read was a Tom Wolfe novel called I am Charlotte Simmons. It was entertaining and for fictional work, it still painted a realistic picture of what takes place in Universities across North America. A good read if you are into Tom Wolfe

Wasn't that the book with what was voted the worst sex scene of the year?

Tricks @ Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:59 pm

Wullu Wullu:
Strangely enough, when you consider the Truman question in another thread, I am reading Debt of Honor by Tom Clancy.......
Loved that book, but i need to read the rest of his stuff after i finish jarhead

xerxes @ Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:02 pm

Tricks Tricks:
Wullu Wullu:
Loved that book, but i need to read the rest of his stuff after i finish jarhead

If you like books like that, you should read Black Hawk Down (if you haven't already).

I'll save you some time with Clancy. Read everything up to Bear and the Dragon. Everything after isn't very good.

ridenrain @ Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:10 pm

Down pat with that one. That book blew so bad it put me off Clancy.

Look up Platoon Leader (squad leader Vietnam) or The defence of Hill 781 (Fictional modern Mech tactics) by John J Nance.

Tricks @ Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:11 pm

I'm trying to remember what I have read now... I think its: Rainbow 6, Without Remorse, Debt of Honor, Excecutive order, The teeth of the Tiger.

I haven't read black hawk down....i have seen the movie and i loved it which probably means im going to like the book more

dunker @ Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:02 pm

Wasn't that the book with what was voted the worst sex scene of the year?[/quote]

If you are making reference to when poor Charlotte gets popped then I guess, but I didn't read it for the bad sex 8)

Previous  1 ... 6  7  8  9  10  11  12 ... 26  Next