Canada Kicks Ass
What are you reading?

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 ... 26  Next

simma2000 @ Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:44 am

just started a great one by dean koontz- life expectancy great author great reading, still think lightning is his best yet...

cdncutie @ Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:19 am

Blue_Nose Blue_Nose:
I'm reading "Snow Crash" now by Neal Stephenson, on a recommmendation by one of our members... it's a short break from the Dark Tower, which I needed after the first four books.

What do you think of Snow Crash bn?

figfarmer @ Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:40 am

I read about half of the Wildcard series, but he switched publishers and I can't find the rest. Was emailing him back and forth for a while. Nice guy.

WestieLee @ Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:28 pm

Hey everyone, it's been a while since i posted anything on here. i thought i would check it out again. see what's been going on.

I have read three books in the last 2 months. I'm proud of myself. HAHA i haven't read any books for like the longest time.

I have read the Icewind dale trilogy books, The Crystal Shard, Streams of Silver and The Halfling's Gem and now i begin Homeland. I love these books, they are awesome.

I started reading the daVinci's code, but i was in middle of switiching books with a co-worker and decided i would just keep reading the forgotten realms stories first. Eventually i will get back to reality and read something a little more not so fantasy-like.

canadian1971 @ Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:34 pm

Hey Regina....at 4 mins 27 secs into this video..........I don't understand why they would show The Queens Own Rifles if they are talking about The Regina Rifles....but you would know better than I.

PostManPat @ Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:18 pm

Has anyone else here bought / read Bathroom Readers? Now thats some good shit to read :lol:

SwampoO @ Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:23 pm

yeah those books really help the push. I love the little useless tidbits at the bottom of every page.

PostManPat @ Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:52 pm

I learn more from reading them from school :roll:

Blue_Nose @ Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:40 pm

cdncutie cdncutie:
What do you think of Snow Crash bn?

Hmm, not much of a fan of the futuristic sci-fi, so I've managed to start two other books since I posted that... not too far into it either.

I started reading Angels and Demons (it all it's cliff hanging, conspiratorial splendor) while I was at the cottage this weekend, and I also picked up something interesting I found in the bookshelf: Company of Adventurers, by Peter Newman. It's a history of the HBC, and I figured I could use a brushing up on my Canadian history.

So, CC, is Snow Crash worth getting back to?

SprCForr @ Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:37 pm

I was reading Car Craft magazine. I wanted to Pro Street Mrs SprCForr's Olds, but she wouldn't let me. :cry:

So, I started reading Hot Rod magazine again. Now I want to supercharge her Olds! I can get a real great deal on some 871 Blowers. I just gotta figure out how to:

A. Get the V6 out and a V8 in,
B. Convert it to rear wheel drive,
C. Install the blower,
D. Cut a hole in the hood, and
E. Not bring any attention to myself.
F. Oh yeah, and do it in a weekend.

Hmmm...I'm gonna need a plan...

rockymountainrider @ Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:14 pm

SprCForr SprCForr:
I was reading Car Craft magazine. I wanted to Pro Street Mrs SprCForr's Olds, but she wouldn't let me. :cry:

So, I started reading Hot Rod magazine again. Now I want to supercharge her Olds! I can get a real great deal on some 871 Blowers. I just gotta figure out how to:

A. Get the V6 out and a V8 in,
B. Convert it to rear wheel drive,
C. Install the blower,
D. Cut a hole in the hood, and
E. Not bring any attention to myself.
F. Oh yeah, and do it in a weekend.

Hmmm...I'm gonna need a plan...

Maybe see if Chip Foose is available?

SprCForr @ Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:09 pm

Chip and a wheel barrow full of cash are the stumbling blocks right now. :D

That is one talented guy!

rockymountainrider @ Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:14 am

"Chip and a wheel barrow full of cash are the stumbling blocks right now"

And the new big block engine and the blower and the time and... :)

Regina @ Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:21 am

You've got to go with a big block.........small blocks are for kids. :wink:

Regina @ Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:45 am

canadian1971 canadian1971:
Hey Regina....at 4 mins 27 secs into this video..........I don't understand why they would show The Queens Own Rifles if they are talking about The Regina Rifles....but you would know better than I.
There wasn't allot of film footage that survived the landings on D-Day so many of the Allies use that footage. The Canadians (QOR) happen to have the best know footage of the day. There is another shot that is commonly seen that has four soldier coming up the beach from the water where two are cut down. I was told that it could possible be that of the Regina's, but I can't confirm that other than the fact a man who was there told me.
One of the guys I've met in that video clip (@2:57) is Tommy "Chief" Settee who was apparently quite a boxer in his day. Tommy Prince and him were cousins.
So to answer your question......there isn't a whole lot of video to go around and it's considered generic stock film. Here's another odd thing about Juno beach. The Winnipeg Rifles have their monument on the Regina's landing beach....and it's a big one. The Winnipeg Rifles landed west of there, across the river. [?]

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 ... 26  Next