Canada Kicks Ass
What are you reading?

Previous  1 ... 4  5  6  7  8  9  10 ... 26  Next

GreatBriton @ Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:22 am

I've read Bill Bryson's "A Short History of Nearly Everything" almost two times. I read it all, then I started to read it again, and now I have almost completed it for the second time.

And I've just started to read "A Tale of Two Cities" by Charles Dickens, the original version from the 1870s rather than a verson in more simplified English.

xerxes @ Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:01 pm

If you think that's fun, try reading Defoe unedited.

harzer_knaller @ Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:28 am

Two weeks ago I finished Stephen King's "Shining" (in german of course), good story, now I'm reading "Damals bei uns daheim. Heute bei uns zu Hause" from Hans Fallada, that are interesting and funny storys of his life, in German too, cause he was a german author...

PM_Dithers @ Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:31 am

I'm reading "The Rebel Sell" by Jospeh Heath & Andrew Potter, basically about how the counter-culture movement is counter-productive.

canucker @ Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:13 am

Patriot Games by Tom Clancy... almost finished.

Ripcat @ Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:23 am

Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy- A Trilogy of Four

I'm reading one at work too but can't remeber what it is called or who the author is. :? It's a fantasy novel....The Malazan Empire, Genabackis, Darujhistan...almost too many characters to keep track of...ring a bell?

WestCoaster @ Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:07 am

The news, as exciting as any book!

PluggyRug @ Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:07 am

Book stuff

cdncutie @ Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:44 am

PluggyRug PluggyRug:
Book stuff

no kidding? I read it's follow-up....book stuff cont'd

-Mario- @ Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:47 am

I am reading Harry potter the order of the phoenix and DECEPTION POINT by Dan Brown.

xerxes @ Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:08 am

Right now I'm reading And The Band Played On by Randy Shilts. IT's about the emergence of the AIDS epidemic and the various responses to it. It's a fascinating and depressing read. I highly reccommend it.

PluggyRug @ Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:56 am

cdncutie cdncutie:
PluggyRug PluggyRug:
Book stuff

no kidding? I read it's follow-up....book stuff cont'd

Justa da kidding is what.

Seriously... reading some other stuff as well.

Properties of metals, O/A cutting techniques, plasma cutting techniques. Is all for for my hobby, metal junk art.

Used to be a science fiction junkie, thats were my nickname is from, "Hothouse" by Brian Aldiss.

rockymountainrider @ Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:27 am

State of Fear by Michael Crighton. He takes on global warming and our misunderstanding of what's happening and why. Once I'm done I'll go through his footnotes and see what's available.
And whatever from Baen books I can find. Eric Flint, David Drake, John Ringo...The list goes on.

canucker @ Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:56 pm

rockymountainrider rockymountainrider:
State of Fear by Michael Crighton.

I almost picked this up the other day but chose Ludlum's The Altman Code instead. Part of his Covert-ONE series, which I love. Let me know how the Crighton book is...

Right now I'm reading 'Fear Nothing' by Dean Koontz. Only the second novel of his I've read, and so far it's interesting.

Jaime_Souviens @ Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:06 pm

Right now, I'm reading Canucker.

Canucker's saying that "Right now I'm reading 'Fear Nothing' by Dean
Koontz. Only the second novel of his I've read, and so far it's interesting."

Hmm...

Previous  1 ... 4  5  6  7  8  9  10 ... 26  Next