Canada Kicks Ass
Conservative Majority Two Elections Away

tibor54 @ Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:59 pm

Our Conservative Prime Minister has been in power for more than one year and he is leading in the polls by very little and I have to wonder why.

Our Conservative party got elected on the misfortunes of the Liberals because their perceived dishonesty of money spent to keep Quebec in Canada.

The Conservatives promised all voting Canadians a change to an honest government and transparency.

When they formed their government you saw a Liberal turned Conservative floor crosser in the cabinet and an un-elected member holding a very important cabinet position.

In Question Period in the House of Commons they make their elected MPs ask pre-printed questions and anything they want to say they have to get clearance from the PMO.

These are members that were elected by their ridings, which the people are saying that they have a lot of trust that their MPs can do the job.

MPs being treated like children what a disgrace.

Then the Conservative party cut important programs to women and aboriginals.

Then the Conservatives broke their promise on income trusts.

Now that an election is near they are spreading the money around and bringing back some cancelled programs.

All this information I got from Hansard.

There are still Canadians afraid of a Conservative Majority and that is why they are not leading that significantly in the polls.

In the next week Stephan Harper has to come up with major changes to gain the trust of Canadians preferably before the budget on March 19 or he will end up losing which will mean another Conservative leadership race.

Scape @ Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:09 pm

:roll:

Harper is doing just fine. The writ hasn't been dropped yet and in politics that is an eternity. Anything can happen but Harper was the best choice for leader of the conservatives and they would rather close ranks and risk being called children then lose him.

Arctic_Menace @ Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:16 pm

Plus, a lot of youngsters like myself who like the Liberals but weren't old enough to vote in the last election now are... :wink: