Canada Kicks Ass
Stress

1  2  3  4  Next

alana @ Sat May 03, 2008 8:48 am

A lot of people seem to be stressed to the max these days.
What with work, debt, kids, social life and extra activities they seem to have very little time to relax.
Stress is said to weaken the immune system, raise blood pressure, cause headaches, digestive problems, cause anxiety and depression.
I'd like to hear from stressed out people; what is causing your stress, do you hate it or enjoy it, do you want to eliminate it, and what are you doing about it?

novachick @ Sat May 03, 2008 9:02 am

Men, hate it, yes, it's illegal in this country :?

martin14 @ Sat May 03, 2008 9:15 am

women, i enjoy the prestress but not the post stress,
i am actively working to change the laws to enable us
to chain the women in the house,
just long enough to run from the kitchen to the bedroom ;)

end of stress

ROTFL ROTFL

Alberta1 @ Sat May 03, 2008 9:59 am

alana alana:
A lot of people seem to be stressed to the max these days.
What with work, debt, kids, social life and extra activities they seem to have very little time to relax.
Stress is said to weaken the immune system, raise blood pressure, cause headaches, digestive problems, cause anxiety and depression.
I'd like to hear from stressed out people; what is causing your stress, do you hate it or enjoy it, do you want to eliminate it, and what are you doing about it?

I have noticed the lasy say three years that stress has become a huge factor, particularly at work where people are doing the job of atleast two these days and working rediculous hours. Impossible to keep up really but changing attitude might help. I hate it for sure but don't do anything about it! Will have to consider that.

Brenda @ Sat May 03, 2008 10:07 am

I haven't had stress here in Canada yet. No traffic jams, no taking up to 1.5 hours to drive 20 kms, no swearing people, no lines of 20 carts or more at the grocery store check out, no moms running over my kids close to school because they are "in a hurry to get in line in the traffic jam"...

But I really have to adjust to the Canadian, laid back, no rush mentalilty...

TattoodGirl @ Sat May 03, 2008 11:09 am

$1:
Im gonna miss Martin... I wonder if he left me his bike in his will?

Sorry Wil, that will be forcefully changed into my name before I kick his ass and Send him on his final ride in life :twisted:

:wink:

Sweet...Stress!!!

Everyone has stessors, some appear to have more than others but it isnt so, it is how you deal with your stress. Get out and be active. In other words, shut off the puter, the tv, get outta the car and get some damn excercise people.
Had a hard day at work?....find an excercise (doesnt have to be strenuous) that will naturally increase your endorphins and alleviate the headaches and sleep disturbances.
Sit and figure out what it is that is bothering you...if it is an individual, talk to them about it...people would be surprised what open and honest communication can create.
Whatever is stressing you...there is a solution, probably not a quick fix but with discipline and taking time for yourself, it will resolve.

alana @ Sat May 03, 2008 11:32 am

LOL
A sense of humor DOES help!
Tattoo girl, you sound like you've got it together.

ttruscott @ Sat May 03, 2008 12:10 pm

If it wasn't for stress, I'd lie down and never get up!

Ted

Freedom from Fear: Taking Back Control of Your Life and Dissolving Depression

Why you should talk to a lawyer before talking to the police...
A review of the effects of accute stress due to violence
(called either critical incident stress, CIS or Sympathetic Nervous System Stress, SNS)

and how stress impacts on witness statements to police.

Wally_Sconce @ Sat May 03, 2008 2:26 pm

Lily, how are you doing

Brenda @ Sat May 03, 2008 2:27 pm

Oh AR you are such a bitch ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

Wally_Sconce @ Sat May 03, 2008 2:31 pm

I've realized that its ok to care about my job, but not so much that it causes a negative effect on me.

There a woman at work who has the same problems as I do, and I was joking to her that she is probably pissed off at me for not caring anymore. LOL

ShepherdsDog @ Sat May 03, 2008 6:49 pm

a good cure for stress? Putting thousands of kilometres between you and your fami...stressors and having call display on your phone.

Wally_Sconce @ Sat May 03, 2008 7:43 pm

there was that Swarzenegger/Belushi movie where arnold plays a russian cop.

Belushi's character has a fish tank in his office to deal with stress. He asks Arnold's character what they do for stress.....

Arnolds's character says "Vodka"

ROTFL

ShepherdsDog @ Sat May 03, 2008 7:46 pm

It was Belushi's Captain.

My favorite lines were:

Arnie:'Do you know Miranda?'
Thug: 'No, I never heard of the bitch.'
*Thud*

Alberta1 @ Sat May 03, 2008 7:51 pm

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
a good cure for stress? Putting thousands of kilometres between you and your fami...stressors and having call display on your phone.

Family is all that you have in life, why would you want to do that? I have huge issues with my family, but most are now dead.

1  2  3  4  Next