Canada Kicks Ass
Why can't Johnny read?

Previous  1  2  3

rickc @ Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:28 pm

In the immortal words of Judge Smails in Caddyshack: "well,the world needs ditchdiggers too!" :D

ShepherdsDog @ Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:02 am

Many people leave the teaching profession because they are expected to be a proxy parent and social worker amongst other things as well as being a teacher. All of the responsibilities of a parent, yet with none of the authority.

You often discover why some kids are shits once you deal with their asshole (one produces the other) parents, people who lack the ability to deal with one or two kids, let alone 25 - 30. It's annoying as hell to deal with some mouth breathing bitch(this includes males and females) who is lucky to have finished high school, lecture you about teaching. Educating, or assisting in your child's education, your child is also part of being a parent.

herbie @ Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:50 am

I deal with the public every day and I've ranted on CKA about stupid kids I've had to deal with.
It isn't lazy parents. It's because their parents were fucking stupid. The goddam parents can't read. Can't think. Never made it past Grade 9.
I've dealt with many people 35-50 who pick an item off the shelf and ask how much it is. They can't even read the fucking price tag. The 'minimum requirements' notice on a computer game is so far beyond their level of comprehension you might as well be talking string theory to them if you try read it to them and explain it.
Go to an all-candidates meet and one lady babbles on and on about how much she 'loves' the town, how her family's been here for three generations - no mention of qualifications (she had zero) or what she'd DO. Highest polled in the election. Third highest polled was one who'd withdrawn a month before. In the paper. On the radio, On notices about town. The polling station had multiple signs that his was on the ballot but he was NOT a candidate as he'd withdrawn. One out of three still voted for him. DUH!!!

Previous  1  2  3