Canada Kicks Ass
EyeBrock for Military Buff

1  2  Next

Khar @ Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:36 pm

A short reminder (since I couldn't manage it in Chumley's medal thread) that 8 endorsement votes must be present before one of these goes through.

1) EyeBrock

2) Image

3) The description of this medal describes it as following: "This is for members who clearly support and are very knowledgable of our country's military (past and present) and happen to bring it up in forums more than others." Amongst the names I see on that list, there are few who get involved in the variety of Military related topics as I see Eyebrock get involved in.

From philosophy of war, to discussion of anti-insurgency and anti-terrorism around the globe, to historical conflicts and to technical knowledge, Eyebrock has demonstrated not just a depth of knowledge but a willingness to share and demonstrate his knowledge with the rest of us in the forums. Alongside the fact that he is already a Veteran, and routinely gets involved in discussions related to various topics on the military, he does it with greater frequency than many other members of the site and often lends a strong, firm presence in those threads from his thoughts.

Many of the recent discussions on the site would likely not have the breadth that they have attained without him choosing to involve himself in that discussion, and this has only become more noticeable as I've been a member here with the growth of controversy over the F-35 plan and the multitude of topics about the middle East, where he brought in discussion on the conflict there from many different perspectives, whether it be discussing media coverage, sharing personal experiences, or providing his own thoughts on various problematic situations.

In conclusion, I do feel that Eyebrock is an excellent candidate for the Military Buff medal and encourage all those who feel the same to skip on by and drop some support as well. Thanks!

4) There are a great deal of references I can provide from the last month alone. These references all show repeated or knowledgeable involvement from Eyebrock over the course of the last month, and still leave out some examples of him posting in military/weaponry/policing (should the latter two be considered relevant) oriented topics.

In addition, respect is easily seen for his opinions from the diversity of those who have given him reputation, often from topics which are related in some way to ongoing wars, terrorism, counter-insurgency, procurement, weaponry, or war-related topics. There is one negative response recently, and as such I wish to point out that as seen from that user's response I mean no disrespect nor mean to use this medal nomination as a way for EyeBrock to gain a "one-up" in a heated debate (since I regularly avoid military discussion personally since I'm not knowledgeable enough, I didn't actually know about the neg rep until I made this post). This submission is in response to the long-running, more widely recognized expertise displayed from other, more positive responses present beyond one recent heated incident.

Gunnair @ Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:40 pm

2nd

Brenda @ Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:42 pm

Long overdue. Thirtysevened.

Lemmy @ Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:43 pm

Three things Scots hate: Micks, Limeys and Cops....but 4th.

Yogi @ Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:46 pm

[B-o] 5th

SprCForr @ Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:47 pm

6'd

Mustang1 @ Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:51 pm

7th [B-o]

Chumley @ Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:54 pm

Ocha!

Lemmy @ Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:06 pm

I orginally wrote: "That took exactly 28 minutes. Congrats. YOU should have run for mayor. [B-o]" It's since been brought to my attention that it was actually 18 minutes. My feable math skills and I will now fuck off accordingly. :oops:

Regina @ Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:14 pm

Done! [B-o]

GreenTiger @ Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:03 pm

100% agree. [B-o]

Scape @ Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:28 pm

Congrats!

martin14 @ Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:06 pm

Congrats EB !

First rounds is on you :)

[B-o]

llama66 @ Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:24 pm

yes. Congrats indeed.