Canada Kicks Ass
Barricade erected over FN use of Ontario's Ipperwash beach

Previous  1  2  3

ShepherdsDog @ Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:09 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
Why was the ground white at Custer's last stand?

(prepares for punch line)

Why, Shep? Why was the ground white at Custer's last stand? :D

Cuz the Injuns kept cummin' and cummin'.

BartSimpson @ Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:32 pm

Totally unrelated to Shep's joke: As I look around CKA I can see that we really, really need a facepalm smiley.

:wink:

ShepherdsDog @ Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:13 pm

BartSimpson @ Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:14 pm

Exactly! R=UP

andyt @ Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:41 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
andyt andyt:
850,000 FN's 450,000 Metis, 60,000 Inuit. So no.

I'd still put money on our military and security forces.

No shit eh? Of course Canada would prevail in any native uprising. That wasn't what I wrote about at all, just you not being able to read.

andyt @ Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:44 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Zipperfish Zipperfish:
andyt andyt:
850,000 FN's 450,000 Metis, 60,000 Inuit. So no.

I'd still put money on our military and security forces.

Not when they're so easily defeated by activists and lawyers. That's where the ISIS and Al Qaeda guys got it wrong; lawyers and activists can do far more harm to our societies than can bombs or hijacked airplanes.

If the fundie moslems had any sense they'd send their next generation of terrorists to law school. :idea:

It's not activists and lawyers, it's our own laws, the ones we created. We're being hoist on our own petard.

The Muslims, fundie or otherwise have no leg to stand on. They are not Canada's chosen, not given special status in the constitution and have no historical claims. Now if we're stupid enough to allow them to become a majority, or have their own sharia law, well we'd deserve to be taken over at that point. Doubt it tho.

BartSimpson @ Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:58 pm

You just have to be stupid enough to let them immigrate. Islam is like Ebola, the only way you get it is to let it in voluntarily.

andyt @ Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:05 pm

Nah, even that's not a problem. Letting Muslims become the majority is - the way our immigration is going, I don't see that happening. IF the govt would listen to me, drastically reduce immigration from all countries, only take the people we really need and who can demonstrate that they will fit in, there would be even less chance. But even so, Muslim immigration is diluted by the flood of non-Muslims we let in.

ShepherdsDog @ Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:17 pm

In most of the cases of domestic terrorism in the west it's the Muslim kids born and raised in Western cultures that go rabid, or as seen here in Canada, the Wannabehabis. Their Muslim parents aren't frothers and are glad to be out of the Sharia shitholes, and living in a secular society. Don't know how limiting immigration is going to stop those born in our nations/societies from radicalizing. Education doesn't seem to work either [huh]

andyt @ Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:36 pm

I agree with the woman they had the area where this numbnuts is from. She said the threat is overblown and giving them attention is exactly what they want. With the viruluent shit that's available on the internet, you'll never have 100% safety or success, but it really is a small number. I think the best strategy is to alliance with all the Muslims that just want to live a normal life like the rest of us, so that they will report the nutbars amongst them. Spewing hate at all Muslims and painting them all with the same brush will just alienate them.

PluggyRug @ Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:47 pm

andyt andyt:
I agree with the woman they had the area where this numbnuts is from. She said the threat is overblown and giving them attention is exactly what they want. With the viruluent shit that's available on the internet, you'll never have 100% safety or success, but it really is a small number. I think the best strategy is to alliance with all the Muslims that just want to live a normal life like the rest of us, so that they will report the nutbars amongst them. Spewing hate at all Muslims and painting them all with the same brush will just alienate them.

You have that backwards. It's we who have become alienated by the actions of the radicals. Let the Muslims approach us to form this 'alliance', if they (as you say) want to live a normal life in Canada, it's they that have caused the current problems, not us.

Freakinoldguy @ Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:13 pm

Alta_redneck Alta_redneck:
Around here the area from the the waters edge to the historic high water mark and then so many meters inland is considered crown land, and you can't prevent public access, as in a road that leads to the lake.

About 10 years ago, using Sylvan Lake as an example, Lands and Fisheries (is that a federal department?) something like that, started removing structures like stairs or decks that were built on the shoreline or near the beach. I know someone who had his 3 step stairway taken so I'm pretty sure these people don't own the beach.

And in BC our Gov't doesn't just cater to the natives, they'll cater to anyone with money and a foreign passport.

B.C. residents take on ranchers over access to fishing lake

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/bri ... cle578256/

$1:
“What is happening here,” said Rick McGowan, a retired provincial highways engineer, “is that the Douglas Lake Ranch is trying to take control of public land by putting up gates on public roads, or digging up public roads – and nobody in government is doing anything about it. So we are trying to fight it ourselves.”

Freakinoldguy @ Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:17 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Does Lt. Col. George Armstrong Custer and the 7th Cav ring a bell??

Custer had a bad case of the Success Disease - that's where too many victories prevent an officer from being able to make an adequate analysis of every problem on an individiual basis. The assumption of victory prevents the consideration of defeat and therefore contributes to defeat. He thought he'd win because he always did before.

On the converse, the natives always expect to win because they have little reason to think otherwise.

Not just Officers, I heard that some Corporals suffered from that same affliction. :P

Public_Domain @ Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:12 pm

In most of the cases of domestic terrorism in the west it's the Muslim kids born and raised in Western cultures that go rabid, or as seen here in Canada, the Wannabehabis. Their Muslim parents aren't frothers and are glad to be out of the Sharia shitholes, and living in a secular society. Don't know how limiting immigration is going to stop those born in our nations/societies from radicalizing. Education doesn't seem to work either [huh]

I think all we can really do is hold tight and wait for that fad to pass.

Previous  1  2  3