Canada Kicks Ass
Barricade erected over FN use of Ontario's Ipperwash beach

1  2  3  Next

ShepherdsDog @ Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:08 am

http://www.cbc.ca/news/aboriginal/barri ... -1.2863770

$1:
Kettle and Stony Point First Nation took down the gates blocking vehicle access to Ipperwash Beach on Lake Huron on Friday, saying the route encompasses the band's "historical trails" and that the community wasn't consulted when the no-entry gates first went up in 1973.

Historical route? Are SUVs, pickups and cars, historical means of transportation?

$1:
Mark Lindsay, the cottage owner who set up the ad-hoc barricade, said he bears no ill will against the First Nation's members, and laid blame squarely with Bressette.

His deed clearly states the property extends to the approximate edge of the water, he said. Owners are concerned about losing use of their land, what the traffic will do to property values and safe use of the beach — a summer destination for cottagers.

"I don't want a car driving across there and running over somebody," he said. "I don't want cars on a natural ecosystem."

He questioned letting in traffic when there is a road only 100 or so metres away.

While saying he doesn't want things to escalate further, residents won't give up their beach, Lindsay said.

"The place is going to hell in a handbasket and nobody's doing anything about it. The police — I don't blame them — the government is not stepping up," he said.

"Nobody's prepared to stand up to anybody, so I stood up yesterday (Saturday), and me and a bunch of my friends, we're going to continue to do so."

$1:
Ontario Provincial Police — who fatally shot George in the 1995 standoff and now have a special framework for handling aboriginal protest actions. Their spokesman for the area wasn't available Sunday.

See Caledonia

Thanos @ Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:36 am

Orville Redenbacher will probably put on a display of cowardice and politically-correct evasion that'll make the previous McSquinty/Fantino strategy of rolling over and playing dead look like the bravery at the siege of Leningrad in comparison. Maybe rural and small-town Ontario should look at some sort of secessionist movement of their own so they no longer have to put up with those back-stabbers and other diversity-worshipping fucks in Toronto.

Alta_redneck @ Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:49 am

Around here the area from the the waters edge to the historic high water mark and then so many meters inland is considered crown land, and you can't prevent public access, as in a road that leads to the lake.

About 10 years ago, using Sylvan Lake as an example, Lands and Fisheries (is that a federal department?) something like that, started removing structures like stairs or decks that were built on the shoreline or near the beach. I know someone who had his 3 step stairway taken so I'm pretty sure these people don't own the beach.

andyt @ Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:50 am

Isn't that park in the process of being turned over to the natives anyway? Those cabin owners might as well give up and move, things are going to get very uncomfortable for them.

Thanos @ Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:53 am

Yeah, they might as well pack it in and walk away. No one ever wins in court against Canada's own special people, especially not when their own goddamn provincial government won't do a single thing to help them.

BartSimpson @ Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:56 am

Thanos Thanos:
Yeah, they might as well pack it in and walk away. No one ever wins in court against Canada's own special people, especially not when their own goddamn provincial government won't do a single thing to help them.

That's why down here we won't give up our right to keep and bear arms. You never know when hostile Indians will come around.

andyt @ Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:58 am

Who also have arms. And there are more of them than cabin owners. Might want to take that into consideration. As well as killing a spatial canadian will wind you up in jail right quick.

Thanos @ Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:03 am

Speaking of the special people, how are they doing on the calls for the inquiry on their missing and murdered women? Any movement to acknowledging that the greatest physical threat to Native women are actually Native men, who account for 90% of their murders? Or is their campaign to make it all about white male serial killers gaining traction?

Native issues in Canada 2014: where all forms of common sense and objective reality go to die. :roll:

martin14 @ Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:28 am

If you google map Army Camp road, highway 3, at the end of the road is probably where
this is going on.

May God help the people who own cottages there, because Wynne will surely hang them out to dry.

BartSimpson @ Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:58 am

andyt andyt:
Who also have arms. And there are more of them than cabin owners. Might want to take that into consideration.

Okay, then send one Texas Ranger to deal with it. That'll be all the law enforcement response you'l need.

andyt @ Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:03 am

Sometimes I wonder if you were really in the forces or just played too many video games.

BartSimpson @ Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:06 am

andyt andyt:
Sometimes I wonder if you were really in the forces or just played too many video games.

It's an old metaphor:

$1:
One of the most enduring phrases associated with the Rangers today is One Riot, One Ranger. It is somewhat apocryphal in that there was never actually a riot; rather, the phrase was coined by Ranger Captain William "Bill" McDonald, who was sent to Dallas in 1896 to prevent the illegal heavyweight prize fight between Pete Maher and Bob Fitzsimmons that had been organized by Dan Stuart and patronized by the eccentric "Hanging Judge" Roy Bean of Langtry, Texas.[27] According to the story, McDonald's train was met by the mayor, who asked the single Ranger where the other lawmen were. McDonald is said to have replied: "Hell! Ain't I enough? There's only one prize-fight!"[citation needed]

Although some measure of truth lies within the tale, it is largely an idealized account written by author Bigelow Paine and loosely based on McDonald's statements, published in Paine's classic book Captain Bill McDonald: Texas Ranger in 1909. In truth, the fight had been so heavily publicized that nearly every Ranger was at hand, including all the captains and their superior, Adjutant General Woodford H Mabry. Many of them were not really sure whether to stop the fight or to attend it; and in fact, other famous lawmen, such as Bat Masterson, were also present for the occasion. The orders from the governor were clear, however, and the bout was stopped. Stuart then tried to reorganize it in El Paso and later in Langtry, but the Rangers followed and thwarted his attempts. Finally, the fight took place on the Mexican side of the Rio Grande near Langtry.[28] The motto appears on the pedestal of the large bronze statue of a Texas Ranger in the Love Field airport, contributed in 1961 by Mr. and Mrs. Earle Wyatt.[citation needed]

Plus, this was far more civil than what I was originally going to post.

Thanos @ Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:07 am

No one wants violence. All I'd like to see is a government and police response that isn't completely craven. It's Ontario though, so it's an absolute that the response from officialdom will of course be completely craven. The cabin owners might as well get a good lawyer for themselves and push to get the same kind of government buyout that the homeowners in Caledonia got because that's the maximum those unfortunate folks will ever get out of schmozz like this.

BartSimpson @ Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:13 am

Thanos Thanos:
No one wants violence.

Agreed. But sometimes the only alternative to violence is to cave in to extortion. That's only an acceptable option to those who don't have a stake in the issue.

andyt @ Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:18 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:

Plus, this was far more civil than what I was originally going to post.

Me too. You do realize the insanity of what you're saying, right? I understand you're only blowing off steam here, but jeez, every one of your solutions seems to involve guns.

1  2  3  Next