How much money is enough money?

Previous  1 ... 22  23  24  25  26  Next

Mustang1 @ Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:23 am

three three:
Mustang1 Mustang1:
three three:
Benoit Benoit:
three three:
The law is the law ... right? ... right??

The term "the law" signifies the principles upon which society is based, designating a mode of collective conduct based upon a set of prohibitions. However, the rule of the law conceals an inherent unruliness which is precisely the violence by which it established itself as law in the first place.

"At the beginning" of the law, there is a certain "outlaw", a certain real of violence which coincides with the act itself of the establishment of the reign of the law... The illegitimate violence by which law sustains itself must be concealed at any price, because this concealment is the positive condition of the functioning of the law."

The authority of the law stems not from some concept of justice, but because it is the law. Which is to say that the origin of the law can be found in the tautology: "the law is the law". If the law is to function properly, however, we must experience it as just. It is only when the law breaks down, when it becomes a law unto itself, and it reaches the limits of itself, do we glimpse those limits and acknowledge its contingency by reference to the phrase "the law is the law".

http://www.lacan.com/zizekchro1.htm

In Ontario the law has "broken down" only because our politicians refuse to obey it!

And Natives especially

The OPP have no problem with the 'natives'.
Just with guys like these ... :lol:
http://www.sachem.ca/news/article/120870
http://www.thespec.com/News/Local/article/340086

Our politicians are expected to be responsible, obey the law.
If we don't respect our own law, why would anyone, including the police?
Ontario must consult. That is the law.

Hmm ... how do I get a court order? Lay a charge? Can I do that? :D

Point? Seems to me that they're merely doing their job at an illegal occupation. I guess they respect the law, unlike the Natives who hide behind it when it rewards them monetarily, but ignore it when its against them. These thugs are terrorists, nothing more.

Benoit @ Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:07 am

three three:
Mustang1 Mustang1:
three three:
Mustang1 Mustang1:
three three:
Benoit Benoit:
three three:
The law is the law ... right? ... right??

The term "the law" signifies the principles upon which society is based, designating a mode of collective conduct based upon a set of prohibitions. However, the rule of the law conceals an inherent unruliness which is precisely the violence by which it established itself as law in the first place.

"At the beginning" of the law, there is a certain "outlaw", a certain real of violence which coincides with the act itself of the establishment of the reign of the law... The illegitimate violence by which law sustains itself must be concealed at any price, because this concealment is the positive condition of the functioning of the law."

The authority of the law stems not from some concept of justice, but because it is the law. Which is to say that the origin of the law can be found in the tautology: "the law is the law". If the law is to function properly, however, we must experience it as just. It is only when the law breaks down, when it becomes a law unto itself, and it reaches the limits of itself, do we glimpse those limits and acknowledge its contingency by reference to the phrase "the law is the law".

http://www.lacan.com/zizekchro1.htm

In Ontario the law has "broken down" only because our politicians refuse to obey it!

And Natives especially

The OPP have no problem with the 'natives'.
Just with guys like these ... :lol:
http://www.sachem.ca/news/article/120870
http://www.thespec.com/News/Local/article/340086

Our politicians are expected to be responsible, obey the law.
If we don't respect our own law, why would anyone, including the police?
Ontario must consult. That is the law.

Hmm ... how do I get a court order? Lay a charge? Can I do that? :D

Point? Seems to me that they're merely doing their job at an illegal occupation. I guess they respect the law, unlike the Natives who hide behind it when it rewards them monetarily, but ignore it when its against them. These thugs are terrorists, nothing more.

I think you misinterpreted me mustang1. The cops are doing a fine job. Agreed.

It is the politicians I want to lay charges against for breaking the law! :lol:

The Law (makers) cannot and should not question itself.

Benoit @ Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:35 am

three three:
I am not getting your meaning ... ???

"The law is the law" has necessarily a different meaning for a lawmaker than for a non-lawmaker.

Benoit @ Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:06 pm

three three:
Benoit Benoit:
three three:

"The law is the law" has necessarily a different meaning for a lawmaker than for a non-lawmaker.

The "law" in question here is the Constitution of Canada. The governments are supposed to uphold the Constitution and the law.

It's the Supreme Court who has the task to uphold the Constitution, this Court has an uneven number (9) of judges on its bench, imagine if it had an even number!?

Benoit @ Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:07 pm

three three:
Benoit Benoit:
three three:
Benoit Benoit:
three three:

The "law" in question here is the Constitution of Canada. The governments are supposed to uphold the Constitution and the law.

It's the Supreme Court who has the task to uphold the Constitution, this Court has an uneven number (9) of judges on its bench, imagine if it had an even number!?

The Supreme Court has already spoken ... repeatedly and emphatically.
Now it is up to the province to obey the law, but they don't.

There is the notwithstanding clause in the Constitution that can be used by the province.

Katz @ Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:05 pm

I saw the title and my skin cringed :evil: :evil:

I have not and will not read the crap posted here!

Where I work, it is stated in public who belongs and where they belong, how they can hunt and fish and how they can do it....if you know what I mean!! :evil: :evil: That pisses me off!!!

Pray tell me what freedoms Native People have???? If they have any? I believe that I might have more rights than they do being pink. Did I say that?? PINK??? uhmmmmmm. Yep, I did.

'PINK'!!!! ( never heard that term before but I'll accept that) LOL

Give the FIRST NATION PEOPLE WHAT IS OWED THEM!! GIVE THEM THEIR "BASIC" HUMAN RIGHTS !!! Seeing that they "have" legal claims, there must be a reason for their on going fights in the courts or news??? (right?) GIVE THEM WHAT IS OWED AND 'NOTHING' LESS !!!!

WAKE UP SELFISH CANADA!!! NATIVE PEOPLE ARE NOT ASKING FOR WHAT WAS NOT GIVEN THEM!! ONLY WHAT WAS PROMISED!

Gee, It must have been a "LIE" Go figure!!!

BTW...where did fair trade come from?

Must be a new concept, sure ain't Canadian!

Benoit @ Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:38 am

three three:
So ask McGuinty if he plans to use it. I don't think so.
:lol:

Anyway, natives don't have veto power to block a constitutional reform.

Benoit @ Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:39 pm

three three:
Benoit Benoit:
three three:
So ask McGuinty if he plans to use it. I don't think so.
:lol:

Anyway, natives don't have veto power to block a constitutional reform.

Irrelevant. Canada's laws as they stand on the books are consistent with International law. Our governments don't respect the law as it is so why bother trying to change it?
If Canada tried to change the law to fraudulently keep possession of the land that does not belong to Canada, there would be quite an international furor.

On June 29, 2006, Canada voted against adoption of the Draft Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples at the inaugural session of the United Nations Human Rights Council.

http://www.ainc-inac.gc.ca/nr/spch/unp/06/ddr_e.html

Previous  1 ... 22  23  24  25  26  Next