Canada Kicks Ass
Images from Caledonia

Previous  1 ... 8  9  10  11  12  Next

Zeipher @ Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:50 am

Wow tfr, you're dyslexic and a native. Kinda screwed, don't ya think?

PluggyRug @ Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:05 am

Zeipher Zeipher:
Wow tfr, you're dyslexic and a native. Kinda screwed, don't ya think?

So he's an 'evitan' who speaks with forked tongue

thefactremains @ Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:48 pm

PJB PJB:
thefactremains...Why don't you just leave this forum period. You obviously harbour a deep resentment and hatred towards anyone who is not native. I suggest you seek out some sort of anger management councilling before you say something that will get you in deep trouble.

btw...Your councilling will be funded by taxpayers.
Hey i know what is implied...ok? on these posts.

PJB @ Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:57 pm

So what are the implications? Are they that you are a native and you think that you should be entitled to royalties from resources that you didn't even know existed? Are they that you hold a deep resentment and jealousy for anyone who worked to make something out of their lives?

Please tell me what the implications are.

thefactremains @ Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:59 pm

If non-natives step on my toes.Im sry,wait im not sry,By spewing lies what they call truth,thats totally unfounded.Come on, bring it on....im sick n tired of you PPL saying.."we're good n you'r bad".This is one NDN,thats not going to put up with that.so bring it on .And regarding Caledonia,I never been there, I dont condone all that,if they have a Beef with the feds,they should take it to OTTAWA..And set up barricades over there.

thefactremains @ Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:10 pm

Actually..The agreement was,that land shall only be dug up..ONLY..2-3 inches..thats all..but unfortunatly it was verbal agreement..Thats all the NDNs had for the last ,20,000 years.back then it was called stickin to ur word.We dont condemn ourselfs for that.Its called Honor,integrity,pride.we still take pride in that.I dont expect you to believe this.Generally i dont really care.

thefactremains @ Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:14 pm

Ill be back in a bit. Im just, sick n tired of all this,baloney ,thats been passed aroud.

ziggy @ Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:31 pm

Danceswithcomma's Danceswithcomma's:
Actually..The agreement was,that land shall only be dug up..ONLY..2-3 inches..thats all..but unfortunatly it was verbal agreement..Thats all the NDNs had for the last ,20,000 years.back then it was called stickin to ur word.We dont condemn ourselfs for that.Its called Honor,integrity,pride.we still take pride in that.I dont expect you to believe this.Generally i dont really care.

Wow!

But I got my "ground disturbance" ticket,I can dig as deep as I want. :wink:

PJB @ Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:08 pm

thefactremains thefactremains:
Ill be back in a bit. Im just, sick n tired of all this,baloney ,thats been passed aroud.

It's obvious where all of this baloney is coming from.

thefactremains @ Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:10 pm

You're intitled to ur opinion.Tayhts all it is, too.Opinions

ShepherdsDog @ Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:15 pm

This dumb fuck is like a bull with diarrhea.

Hyack @ Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:20 pm

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
This dumb fuck is like a bull with diarrhea.

You're not the only one with that opinion.
[cheer]

thefactremains @ Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:26 pm

so what you guys are saying ...ur done

Hyack @ Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:56 pm

HyperionTheEvil @ Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:54 pm

Natives break the law, Taxpayers pay- again.

-- Homeowners in Caledonia, Ont., who feel they have suffered because of an ongoing aboriginal land occupation will be compensated by the province, David Ramsay, the minister responsible for aboriginal affairs, said Tuesday.

Ramsay said the Liberal government is offering to help homeowners in the town south of Hamilton as well as local businesses. The province has already agreed to buy out the developer whose housing project is at the centre of the Six Nations land claims dispute.

"We know that they have been incredibly hurt by this dispute, and we want to help them directly,'' Ramsay said before a Liberal caucus meeting.

"We're trying to make sure that everybody that's been affected by this is helped.''

Ramsay said the government offered what he called "some great packages'' to businesses in Caledonia, and now wanted to hear from homeowners about their needs.

He wouldn't rule out the possibility that the government could buy even more homes in Caledonia, or even compensate people for psychological trauma they feel they've suffered as a result of the ongoing standoff.

"Well, right now we want to listen to them and find out what the ideas are, so we're not going to say, `This is what we're going to do,''' Ramsay said.

"We want to talk to them (and) engage them.''

He refused to disclose how much the province paid to buy out Henco Industries, the developer whose land has been occupied by Six Nations protesters since late February.

"We paid fair market value for the land as is. . . and in this case the seller has asked us to keep that confidential,'' Ramsay said.

"The figure is reflective of their development costs to bring that land to where it is today, and so they see that as a competitive disadvantage if that price is released.''

Conservative critic John Yakabuski said taxpayers have a right to know how much the Liberal government is spending to calm non-natives in Caledonia, and is worried the settlement of the land claim will also be hidden from the public.

"The government has a responsibility to be open and transparent about the process and also about any kind of settlements that they're engaging in,'' said Yakabuski.

"They are completely secretive in how they're dealing with taxpayers' money, and you can't take the attitude that you're going to try and pour as much cash as it takes to settle the situation, and then not let the people know how much you had to pour.''

Premier Dalton McGuinty told the legislature Tuesday that he believes the people of Caledonia have "more pressing issues'' on their minds then how much the government paid to buy the development.

"I think they can take some heart and comfort from the knowledge that we are making some real, measurable progress in getting barricades down and providing more financial assistance to the community,'' he said.

Opposition Leader John Tory disagreed.

"I think the people of Ontario deserve to know how much this part of the Caledonia episode will cost them,'' he said.

"It is not your money. It is the public's money that we're dealing with here. You have no right whatsoever to keep this information from Ontarians.''

Tory said given what's happened in Caledonia, he supports the idea of helping local residents, but added any negotiations should be open and public.

http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/news ... 6a&k=37583

Previous  1 ... 8  9  10  11  12  Next