Canada Kicks Ass
Mohawk squatters up to no good again

Previous  1  2  3

Donny_Brasco @ Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:17 pm

PJB PJB:
Tis the season for blockades..wa wa wa wa..wa wa it's mine.

Sure don't see these ever so brave mohawks blockading anything in the middle of winter, or blockading access to lands that are not being developed.

Seems to me they've been in Calidonia for well over a year. Are you blind or just stupid?

Heavy_Metal @ Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:23 pm

Xort Xort:
Donny_Brasco Donny_Brasco:
Tread carefully, you are all living on Indian land.

No, we are mostly living on our own land. Or maybe more accurately our bank's land but very clearly not Indian land.

We have given the natives of this nation every chance and advantage that we could to try and prosper. I have no guilt or belief that I own them as a group collectively or at a individual level anything.

Just as I don't try and live my life as a darkages thrall, they shouldn't try and live as a stone age hunter gatherer.

Land dispute, Claiming to own the whole nation isn't a dispute it's retoric.

Rather than trying to be the eternal victim why not come join the rest of the nation and enjoy one of the highest standards of living in the world, long life, good education, freedoms, the marvel of modern technology?

wrong, wrong, and wrong, the very fact that they are still First Nations around is a f*cking miracle.

never, NEVER did we give them even the slightest hope or advantage, and any claim to the contrary is a rediculous statement made by an uninformed individual.

Heavy_Metal @ Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:37 pm

PJB PJB:
Tis the season for blockades..wa wa wa wa..wa wa it's mine.

Sure don't see these ever so brave mohawks blockading anything in the middle of winter, or blockading access to lands that are not being developed.

sooo you haven't been paying attention to Caledonia? poor little white boy too scared of the big bad winter to take notice....just because you can't see it doesn't mean it isn't hapening...

helloooo, if land is not being developed then the provisions of the land claim are being observed......of course they will protest when it is being developed, BECAUSE IT IS THEIR LAND! and 9 times out of 10 the FN's weren't consulted, as they are supposed to be as per COUNTLESS SUPREME COURT DECISIONS.

duty to consult, duty to consult and accomodate, words set in stone by the Supreme Court, stone words continually thrown through the window of Aboriginal treaty and human rights. makes me fucking sick.

PJB @ Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:15 pm

Someone tell me what the whole Caledonia thing has brought about. I can tell you...SWEET F*CK ALL! The rest of Canada has ignored these idiots for what they are. A bunch of friggin' whiners that had their moment of fame and now have passed on. WE don't care what the INDIANS claim is theirs. We want to get on with our lives peacefully and ignore those who figure they are entitled to more than what I have worked my entire life for.

I hope and pray that the rest of us, squatters, come to the realization that there is absolutely no way in the world to appease these native activists. As they say give them a foot and they will demand a mile.

ShepherdsDog @ Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:17 am

Can't say I'm a squatter as I have title to my land, which in the end is from the Crown, not a Cree. If they were my landlord, that would mean they have some right to it, but if they are on my land, without my permission, then they're just tresspassers and I've dealt with them in the past.

PJB @ Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:43 am

I had a situation arise a couple of years ago. It seems that a native lady and her child felt that it was their right to walk right through my yard as a short cut. Once she decided to walk right up my driveway while my son was home. When he confronted her she said that it was not our land but hers. The second time she walked past the window as she knew we were home and then walked right across the lawn and tried to cut through on the other side of the house. I went out the back door and caught her. She did not apologize or anything but merely turned around and cut through the neighbours yard. I called the RCMP and was informed that there was nothing I could do about it. The next year we changed the back fence and fenced off the end of the driveway.

It pisses me off that these people think it is their right to trespass!

ShepherdsDog @ Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:31 am

Dogs work real well to keep tresspassers off your land. My neighbour and his son chased a few who were exercising their rights on his land and mine without his permission. Had they asked to come on the land, it wouldn't have been a problem.
I've spent lots of time fishing and hunting, by invitation, on reservations as a kid, so I expect to be asked before someone else comes on my land. We(my neighbours and I) keep a few of the larger sloughs on our land stocked with trout, so we don't appreciate thieves. We have land abutting Duck Mountain Provincial Park and Provincial Forest, so there are visitors from the Reservation occasionally.

Previous  1  2  3