Previous  1  2

2Cdo @ Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:55 pm

desertdude desertdude:
Not much love for the locals eh ?

I am local half-wit. :roll:

Scape @ Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:56 pm

Native People, Urban Migration

$1:
In moving, off-reserve Indians leave the jurisdiction where services are supported primarily by INDIAN AND NORTHERN AFFAIRS CANADA (formerly the Department of Indian Affairs and Northern Development) and move into the jurisdiction of dozens of other federal and provincial agencies. Hence, aboriginal people who migrate to urban areas must rely on provincial and municipal governments for public services. According to the ROYAL COMMISSION ON ABORIGINAL PEOPLES (1996), in 1991 the federal government provided provincial governments over $70 billion to fund native programs in the areas of post-secondary education, health and the Canada Assistance Plan. The Secretary of State in particular funds off-reserve Indian programs, providing several million dollars annually to support native political associations, urban native FRIENDSHIP CENTRES across the country, women's associations and social and cultural associations (see NATIVE PEOPLE, GOVERNMENT PROGRAMS). The urban native centres provide valuable social functions and help to integrate the diverse social services available to natives in cities. Winnipeg has the largest number of aboriginal people living in an urban area. About 45 750 native people from a wide range of tribal backgrounds and income levels are scattered across the metropolitan area.

In BC if he is status then coverage is under NIHB link. Coverage may be removed in this circumstance depending upon the particulars. If so then the coverage would then be via the province such as Pharmacare or covered privately like Blue Cross. As far as Manitoba to Ontario the 1st point of reference will still be NIHB as that is considered federal level coverage and will transfer on reserve or not so check with them.

Email: Info@hc-sc.gc.ca
Telephone: 613-957-2991
Toll free: 1-866-225-0709
Facsimile: 613-941-5366
Teletypewriter: 1-800-267-1245 (Health Canada)

Brenda @ Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:02 pm

Damn, Scape, there goes my credibility :twisted:

ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

Scape @ Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:25 pm

I thought it went up a notch.

dbc @ Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:28 pm

desertdude desertdude:

Nope :(
I could write a desertation on some of these replies, but it'd be like teaching a squirrel to avoid traffic. Eventually you learn that cars have different speeds, and different drivers. I guess I just discovered the 401 here.
I did find a good forum that has given me nothing but helpful answers though :)
Thanks, and bye-bye :D

Guy_Fawkes @ Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:31 pm

dbc dbc:
desertdude desertdude:

Nope :(
I could write a desertation on some of these replies, but it'd be like teaching a squirrel to avoid traffic. Eventually you learn that cars have different speeds, and different drivers. I guess I just discovered the 401 here.
I did find a good forum that has given me nothing but helpful answers though :)
Thanks, and bye-bye :D

Dont let the flap hit ya on the way out of your wigwam [B-o]

dbc @ Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:34 pm

[/quote]
Dont let the flap hit ya on the way out of your wigwam [B-o]

No worries my ignorant, hairless little freind. Must be Hell to live in such fear.

SprCForr @ Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:39 pm

Well that's a wrap.

iLock.

Previous  1  2