Canada Kicks Ass
Squamish Declaration: Churches must vacate ... by Wednesday

Previous  1 ... 8  9  10  11  12  13  Next

commanderkai @ Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:08 am

three three:
commanderkai commanderkai:
three three:

Many traditional people don't vote in Band Council elections.

And? So they don't like voting, they lose representation. Basic fact of life in anything. If a majority of the tribe was traditional, they would have voted him in, but it seems that more than two thousand voters, 55 voted for him. He fails as a leader of the tribe.

$1:
Across Canada, only about 5% of the eligible population votes in Band Council elections.

And less than 50% of Canadians vote for their MP, those who don't vote shouldn't bitch when they are represented

$1:
This is the issue. Canada claims its Band Councils are the only authority, but they represent very few Indigenous people.

Fact of democracy. The people you want don't always win. Life goes on.

Everything else you said about stealing land and belts and government blah blah blah is besides the point of that he's not the leader of the tribe and does not represent even a large minority of it.

You are missing the main issue: Canada has no legal authority over these sovereign people. They have no love of Canada. Canada is their oppressor.

YOU ARE MISSING THE ISSUE.This group doing it is tattering a good name of a Native group for his radical beliefs. The nation and its people stated he's not a leader for them, and thus you are supporting a fringe quack who's calling for terrorist actions on Canadian soil. I thought, wrongly too, that it was the Native band doing this, but I was wrong, its a bunch of damn radicals, not much different from Islamic Jihad. They are calling for storming churches on Easter Sunday and "evicting" the patrons. If a bunch of fucking skinheads did this to a Native religious ceremony, I'd want them to have their heads pounded into mush too, they aren't getting a free pass just cause they think they have some "cause"

BartSimpson @ Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:17 am

three three:
lily lily:
$1:
It doesn't sound as certain as you paint it.

If it wasn't certain... why go to such lengths to literally bury the evidence? What were they afraid of discovering?

They didn't bury anything. Read the link.

Your link is out of date. :idea:

The remains were turned over to the (Umpquilla sp?) tribe and buried about three years ago as I recall.

BartSimpson @ Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:18 am

three three:
You are missing the main issue: Canada has no legal authority over these sovereign people. They have no love of Canada. Canada is their oppressor, the foreign occupiers who stole their children, their land and violate their human rights daily.
Canada is not as nice as it pretends. Our governments do not tell us the truth.

Just like China and Tibet ...

Then these 'sovereign' people likewise have no legal authroity over the sovereign people of Canada. So piss off. :wink:

commanderkai @ Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:25 am

three three:
three three:
You are missing the main issue: Canada has no legal authority over these sovereign people. They have no love of Canada. Canada is their oppressor.

YOU ARE MISSING THE ISSUE.This group doing it is tattering a good name of a Native group for his radical beliefs. The nation and its people stated he's not a leader for them, and thus you are supporting a fringe quack who's calling for terrorist actions on Canadian soil. I thought, wrongly too, that it was the Native band doing this, but I was wrong, its a bunch of damn radicals, not much different from Islamic Jihad. They are calling for storming churches on Easter Sunday and "evicting" the patrons. If a bunch of fucking skinheads did this to a Native religious ceremony, I'd want them to have their heads pounded into mush too, they aren't getting a free pass just cause they think they have some "cause"

It is a struggle between a Traditional Indigenous government and an imposed Canadian government. It is their decision not ours. That election was not a valid process in their tradition. That is Canada's process.

It is startling for Canadians to learn that a majority of Indigenous Peoples are not 'happily Canadian'. However, if you research the history, it is easy to see why. They were invaded.

Wrong. This is a struggle between a fringe group of Natives and the rest of Canada, including his own tribe. This issue is about a fringe group violating the rights of Canadians, and trashing the good name of his tribe.

The election of the Council is a legal and recognized act, and he lost. You can't claim to be a leader of a people who don't give you the authority to lead. I can't claim to lead all the Italians in Canada, because those Italians did not give me the authority to do so.

Have I even said the Indians are happy in Canada? Hell no, I never ever claimed that. I know they aren't happy. Few Canadians are ever happy. NDPers want more welfare and social programs, Conservatives want lower taxes, Liberals want more ways to be corrupt. Albertans want to keep more oil revenues, Quebec wants more of Alberta's money, the East Coast wants more equalization payments, BC wants more environmental protection. The North wants more attention. The happiness of these tribes is not an issue, since they'd be happy if we didn't come and civilized Canada into a First World power.

commanderkai @ Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:16 pm

three three:
three three:
three three:

It is a struggle between a Traditional Indigenous government and an imposed Canadian government. It is their decision not ours. That election was not a valid process in their tradition. That is Canada's process.

It is startling for Canadians to learn that a majority of Indigenous Peoples are not 'happily Canadian'. However, if you research the history, it is easy to see why. They were invaded.

Wrong. This is a struggle between a fringe group of Natives and the rest of Canada, including his own tribe. This issue is about a fringe group violating the rights of Canadians, and trashing the good name of his tribe.

The election of the Council is a legal and recognized act, and he lost. You can't claim to be a leader of a people who don't give you the authority to lead. I can't claim to lead all the Italians in Canada, because those Italians did not give me the authority to do so.

Have I even said the Indians are happy in Canada? Hell no, I never ever claimed that. I know they aren't happy. Few Canadians are ever happy. NDPers want more welfare and social programs, Conservatives want lower taxes, Liberals want more ways to be corrupt. Albertans want to keep more oil revenues, Quebec wants more of Alberta's money, the East Coast wants more equalization payments, BC wants more environmental protection. The North wants more attention. The happiness of these tribes is not an issue, since they'd be happy if we didn't come and civilized Canada into a First World power.

There is a difference between people who chose to be Canadian, and those our government forced to submit in order to steal their land. A HUGE difference.

If they didn't want to be Canadian, they could have fought harder, moved to some uninhabited island, or something else. Nobody born in Canada has a choice to be Canadian, but unlike these Natives, we don't cling to the past, just like Italians don't cling to the Roman Empire. They can, with their special benefits of being Natives, to improve their lives. They choose to sue the government instead.

saturn_656 @ Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:24 pm

MediaPass MediaPass:
three...do you have a job? You post an awful lot.

Either three is a kid living in mom and dads basement, or someone who hasn't read the computer use policy at his place of employment. :lol:

dino_bobba_renno @ Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:08 pm

Alright...is that link the actual tribe or a faction/splinter group? Because I have something here that is from the Squamish nation itself...or so claimed.

A link to a condemnation of a previous church raid

$1:
The Squamish Nation disassociates itself with Mr. Johnston's actions and
wishes to clarify that his actions were in no way representative of the
Nation. Further, Kevin Annett, who purported to speak on behalf of the
Squamish Nation, is not a member of the Nation and has no association with the
Nation whatsoever.

Where on earth did you find this link? Nice work!

commanderkai @ Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:18 pm

dino_bobba_renno dino_bobba_renno:
Alright...is that link the actual tribe or a faction/splinter group? Because I have something here that is from the Squamish nation itself...or so claimed.

A link to a condemnation of a previous church raid

$1:
The Squamish Nation disassociates itself with Mr. Johnston's actions and
wishes to clarify that his actions were in no way representative of the
Nation. Further, Kevin Annett, who purported to speak on behalf of the
Squamish Nation, is not a member of the Nation and has no association with the
Nation whatsoever.

Where on earth did you find this link? Nice work!

I googled Squamish Church Raid...two pages in I saw that...I was trying to find info to see if it really easy Easter. Guess this is The CKA Forum Gods way of saying "You're forgiven" after my really stupid comment earlier.

ShepherdsDog @ Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:24 pm

$1:
Many traditional people don't vote in Band Council elections. Across Canada, only about 5% of the eligible population votes in Band Council elections.

Prove this, you prevaricating piece of bison dung, or is this just another myth that you've fabricated?

Previous  1 ... 8  9  10  11  12  13  Next