Canada Kicks Ass
Wild dogs on reserves

1  2  3  Next

Jonny_C @ Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:49 pm

I read this report , becoming more and more incredulous as it went on...

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/02/02 ... -reserves/

Can you imagine anything more utterly stupid than letting a problem like this get out of control?

Apparently many native children have been killed by dogs. The caption on one of the photos reads, "It is not uncommon for children on reserves to die of dog attacks."

This took the cake:

$1:
In 2010, a 10-year-old boy on Canoe Lake First Nation in northern Saskatchewan was killed by a pack of roaming dogs while trying to visit his cousin.

“Nobody knows what really happened,” said Robert Opikokew, chief of Canoe Lake Cree First Nation. “Maybe the kid was in the wrong place in the wrong time with a bunch of dogs.”

Are some of these reserves so starved for money that they can't buy ammunition?

And once they've gotten rid of the surplus, pay some attention to the dogs that are left?

Brenda @ Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:57 pm

When I read things like this, I always have an image in my head of a place with high grasses, cars rusting away, plastic every where, dirt on the ground. No one takes responsibility, no one cleans it up.

I may be wrong.

jj2424 @ Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:03 pm

Jonny_C Jonny_C:
I read this report , becoming more and more incredulous as it went on...

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/02/02 ... -reserves/

Can you imagine anything more utterly stupid than letting a problem like this get out of control?

Apparently many native children have been killed by dogs. The caption on one of the photos reads, "It is not uncommon for children on reserves to die of dog attacks."

This took the cake:

$1:
In 2010, a 10-year-old boy on Canoe Lake First Nation in northern Saskatchewan was killed by a pack of roaming dogs while trying to visit his cousin.

“Nobody knows what really happened,” said Robert Opikokew, chief of Canoe Lake Cree First Nation. “Maybe the kid was in the wrong place in the wrong time with a bunch of dogs.”

Are some of these reserves so starved for money that they can't buy ammunition?

And once they've gotten rid of the surplus, pay some attention to the dogs that are left?

The Tsuu Tina sure aren't hurting for cash. No excuses for them except sheer laziness.

Zipperfish @ Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:26 pm

The reserves around here do culls every few years. I used to work on reserves. Came up to one adn dove in, got out of the truck, The whole village was "Gone Fishin." A pack dogs came trotting up to me. No barking, no growling. My spidey sense started tingling, got into the truck and eeled out of there. I had bite marks on my side view mirror.

herbie @ Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:27 pm

Wish you were, Brenda.
High uncut grass and when you try to move a ladder to put up their satellite dish, a foul smell.
It's the bag of rotting moose guts they tossed out the kitchen window last October....

martin14 @ Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:10 pm

Brenda Brenda:
When I read things like this, I always have an image in my head of a place with high grasses, cars rusting away, plastic every where, dirt on the ground. No one takes responsibility, no one cleans it up.

I may be wrong.

You are not wrong.

Every time the wife has been to Canada, she can tell in a split second when we drive
thru a reserve.

Her words, " It's like Gypsies, only with more money. "

Brenda @ Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:19 pm

martin14 martin14:
Brenda Brenda:

I may be wrong.

You are not wrong.

Every time the wife has been to Canada, she can tell in a split second when we drive
thru a reserve.

Ahhhh, Roma...

Watch your pockets and your children...

Xort @ Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:17 pm

A friend of mine tells a good tale and one of my favorite of his stories starts out as "After a night of drinking I woke up in my truck, I looked around and knew I was on an india reservation because their was a pack of wild dogs around my truck."

martin14 @ Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:58 pm

Brenda Brenda:
martin14 martin14:
Brenda Brenda:

I may be wrong.

You are not wrong.

thru a reserve.

Ahhhh, Roma...

I'm guessing you only them as visitors, and haven't seen where they lived.

Or how they lived.

Jonny_C @ Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:06 pm

martin14 martin14:
Or how they lived.

What is your impression of what that looks like?

Brenda @ Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:15 pm

martin14 martin14:
Brenda Brenda:
martin14 martin14:

You are not wrong.

thru a reserve.

Ahhhh, Roma...

Or how they lived.

Who, Roma?
The Netherlands has a problem with Roma. Gave them houses (because the travel trailers were a drama) that they trashed. Kids pick-pocketing.
I have only heard of kids (non-Roma) being abducted tho. That might be rumours.

The mess they leave behind is awful tho. France didn't kick them out with no reason... Roma are a real big problem in Europe.

martin14 @ Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:20 pm

Jonny_C Jonny_C:
martin14 martin14:
Or how they lived.

What is your impression of what that looks like?

Not impression, knowledge

This Lunik 9, a suburb of Kosice..

martin14 @ Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:32 pm

The apartments were originally for police and army soldiers.

The current residents don't pay for the apartments, don't

pay electricity, gas or water.

The garbagemen don't come because they get attacked if they do. So they don't,
simple solution.

Brenda @ Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:54 pm

martin14 martin14:
The apartments were originally for police and army soldiers.

The current residents don't pay for the apartments, don't

pay electricity, gas or water.

The garbagemen don't come because they get attacked if they do. So they don't,
simple solution.

Yep. I don't think The Netherlands let it get that far, but yep, that's how they do.

Thanos @ Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:55 pm

Those pictures are disgusting, and only a disgusting and thoroughly worthless group of people would live like that. Yet they managed to get mad at Sacha Baron Cohen for making them look bad in "Borat"? And somewhere in Europe right now there's a lot of special interests running around doing the European equivalent of "it's all whitey's fault" when it comes to a disgrace like this.

Grrrrr! Feel like turning into the Fuhrer for real. :evil:

1  2  3  Next