Canada Kicks Ass
2014 Paralympic Games

Previous  1  2  3  Next

wildrosegirl @ Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:50 am

No problem at all. I enjoy doing it, and believe the results of these games are every bit as important as the Olympic games.

They truly are remarkable athletes. Not only are they as skilled as the "regular" athletes, they also have guts beyond most of our imagination! Can you imagine going down the ski hill blind! Or competing in your 50's. Oy.. I have nothing but full respect for these amazing folks.

Go Canada Go! :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Mowich @ Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:50 am

wildrosegirl wildrosegirl:
No problem at all. I enjoy doing it, and believe the results of these games are every bit as important as the Olympic games.

They truly are remarkable athletes. Not only are they as skilled as the "regular" athletes, they also have guts beyond most of our imagination! Can you imagine going down the ski hill blind! Or competing in your 50's. Oy.. I have nothing but full respect for these amazing folks.

Go Canada Go! :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

I could not agree with you more wildrosegirl. They are truly an inspiration to us all.

We won our first Gold Medal today in Men's visually impaired x-country skiing! Rock on Brian McKeever..........way to to!

And our Canadian curlers are rocking the house with yet another win to their credit over the US today.

Canada rocks! :rock: :rock: :rock:

wildrosegirl @ Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:08 pm

I see that! That's SO awesome!! :rock:

At the end of Day 3!

wildrosegirl @ Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:15 pm

Day 4. Big day for medals for Russia! We're still holding our own in 8th spot though.

wildrosegirl @ Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:02 pm

Day 5 was a HUGE leap up the ladder for our athletes today! :rock: :rock: :rock:

Mowich @ Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:28 pm

Day 5 was a HUGE leap up the ladder for our athletes today! :rock: :rock: :rock:

Brian McKeever had barely started the x-country race when a Russian skier accidentally stepped on the back of his ski and down he went. No quit in Brian though as he picked himself up and continued on to finish the race in 1rst place for his 9th Paralympic Gold Medal. Rock on Brian.

Canada's Sledge Hockey is preparing to play the US in the Men's semi-final tomorrow and our Wheelchair Curling team has also advanced to the semi-final.

Kimberly Joines took a Silver Medal in the Women’s slalom event. However, she may be downgraded if one of the German skiers wins her disqualification appeal. In that event, Kimberly would be awarded the Bronze Medal.

Conditions were absolutely abysmal for all the competitions. There were bare patches on some of the ski slopes and all the athletes had to contend with dense fog and sometimes driving snow.

ROCK ON TEAM CANADA! :rock: :rock: :rock:

Whoa! Haven't been paying attention to other countries' medal counts until now when I took a look and saw that the US has yet to win a Gold Medal. 8O

DrCaleb @ Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:25 am

Mowich Mowich:
Brian McKeever had barely started the x-country race when a Russian skier accidentally stepped on the back of his ski and down he went. No quit in Brian though as he picked himself up and continued on to finish the race in 1rst place for his 9th Paralympic Gold Medal. Rock on Brian.

I saw some video of that! Amazing comeback in the last for hundred meters too; crappy snow conditions and he just blasted through it! Hard for any skier, let alone a blind one!

Mowich @ Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:09 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Mowich Mowich:

I saw some video of that! Amazing comeback in the last for hundred meters too; crappy snow conditions and he just blasted through it! Hard for any skier, let alone a blind one!

[BB]

wildrosegirl @ Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:36 am

I am beyond pissed off that CBC is using a different viewer for these olympic games!!! One that is NOT compatiblewith my phone so I can't watch the sledge hockey game this morning!!
Arseholes. :x

martin14 @ Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:41 am

I am beyond pissed off that CBC is using a different viewer for these olympic games!!! One that is NOT compatiblewith my phone so I can't watch the sledge hockey game this morning!!
Arseholes. :x

Probably a game you didn't want to watch Rosie, we aren't looking very good.

Down 3 - 0 vs USA, 2 mins to go in the third.

wildrosegirl @ Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:42 am

8O Ohhhhhhhh f-word......

martin14 @ Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:49 am

We play Norway for Bronze.

Russia vs USA for Gold.

wildrosegirl @ Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:08 am

I wanna cry....

wildrosegirl @ Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:39 pm

What a disheartening Day 6 loss in sledge hockey today. Also lost a silver medal, replaced by a bronze. On the upside, we did gain one more bronze, so we're still moving forward. :D

Jabberwalker @ Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:40 pm

martin14 martin14:
We play Norway for Bronze.

Russia vs USA for Gold.

Oh, cripes! ... now who should I root for ....

Previous  1  2  3  Next