Canada Kicks Ass
Canada vs the world - Rio 2016

Previous  1 ... 13  14  15  16  17  18  Next

xerxes @ Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:27 pm

And she's likely not too welcome is Sweden anymore either

Thanos @ Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:36 pm

She's barely welcome in the US. 8)

BRAH @ Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:52 pm

It's always the hot ones who turn out to be a real bitch.

Hyack @ Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:02 pm

Canada wins Bronze in the Men's 4 x 100m Relay with a National record of 37.64 .... [flag] [flag]

ShepherdsDog @ Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:15 pm

I thought initially that the Japanese were going to get the DQ, until they explained it was on the straight away and it didn't interfere with anyone. Had it been on the curve it would have been a silver for Canada.

Hyack @ Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:23 pm

US women’s soccer is totally fed up with Hope Solo

Let’s see Hope Solo try to save this one.

While not-really-robbed swimmer Ryan Lochte has since taken the spotlight off Solo’s controversial comments following the US women’s soccer team’s Olympics ouster, in which she called the Swedish team “a bunch of cowards” for the defensive playing style they employed in the quarterfinal, the goalie’s teammates are not letting her live it down.

Veterans Megan Rapinoe and Alex Morgan, with varying degrees of frustration, have spoken out against Solo’s immature, unsporting rant — perhaps an indication of a pent-up divide inside the team against Solo, a lightning rod for years for her prodigious talents and abrasive, criminal tendencies.

“I mean, really disappointed, to be honest,” Rapinoe said in an interview on NBC Sports on Thursday, via USA Today, when asked about how she reacted to Solo’s words. “That’s not our team, that’s not what this team has always been, that’s not what this team will be in the future. … We’re gracious, we’re humble and we play the game a certain way — whether we win or lose. And we’ve been on the winning side quite a bit, and when we find ourselves on the other side, we need to handle that graciously — and unfortunately that wasn’t the case.”

Full Story

Thanos @ Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:37 pm

She's pure evil. Like a female Sean Avery.

BRAH @ Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:47 pm

Ryan Lochte. :lol:

xerxes @ Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:09 pm

Not quite at Sean Avery levels of assholery yet but close. I kind of understand her frustration at the end of the game. Watching Sweden play Brazil the other and the swedes play boring, park the bus, anti-soccer. But it's a part of game and you have to deal with it. Sometimes that works other times it doesn't.

You lost. It sucks but you move on.

Alta_redneck @ Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:45 pm

Hyack Hyack:
Canada wins Bronze in the Men's 4 x 100m Relay with a National record of 37.64 .... [flag] [flag]

The Americans were robbed. [boff]

raydan @ Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:41 pm

Rhythmic gymnastics... for girls who aren't good enough to do regular gymnastics. :lol:

martin14 @ Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:44 pm

http://www.bbc.com/sport/olympics/36691461

Rio Olympics 2016: Brazil beat Germany on penalties to win men's football gold

Wonder how much they paid out for that one. :lol:

BRAH @ Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:25 am

martin14 martin14:
http://www.bbc.com/sport/olympics/36691461

Rio Olympics 2016: Brazil beat Germany on penalties to win men's football gold

Wonder how much they paid out for that one. :lol:

:mrgreen:

Hyack @ Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:56 pm

I know some medal winners have not been mentioned yet, so here they all are, 4 Gold, 3 Silver and 15 Bronze for a grand total of 22 medals....

Who won Team Canada’s 22 Olympic medals in Rio?

stratos @ Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:38 am

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
Bolt is a class act.....Lochte should take some lessons. I wonder if Bolt has ever considered a career as a running back in the NFL?

I might be thinking about another runner but IF I'm right he was approached 4 years ago. Big question is his durability. A lot of runners can take the pounding still IF I was a team owner I would take a chance and draft him.

Previous  1 ... 13  14  15  16  17  18  Next