Canada Kicks Ass
Canada vs the world - Tokyo 2021

1  2  3  Next

bootlegga @ Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:42 pm

Penny Oleksiak powers Canadian women to 1st medal of Tokyo Olympics

Canadian divers Abel, Citrini-Beaulieu win silver to double country's medal count at Tokyo Olympics

Maggie Mac Neil swims to Canada's 1st gold medal of Tokyo Olympics

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

DrCaleb @ Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:07 am

Jessica Klimkait wins judo bronze to make Canadian history

bootlegga @ Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:41 pm

Maggie MacNeil's reaction, and the comments from the sportscaster are great:

https://twitter.com/f1onfilm/status/141 ... 20064?s=20

DrCaleb @ Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:09 am

Canada's Maude Charron wins Olympic weightlifting gold

Masse wins silver in 100m backstroke at Tokyo Olympics

Canada's Catherine Beauchemin-Pinard captures Olympic bronze in judo

DrCaleb @ Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:26 am

Andre De Grasse wins bronze medal in Olympic men's 100m

Canadian women's medley relay team wanted to win a medal for Penny Oleksiak

CDN_PATRIOT @ Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:00 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Andre De Grasse wins bronze medal in Olympic men's 100m

I like De Grasse, but he's an underachiever. He's the Milos Raonic of the 100m sprint world. Gets oh so close every time, but falls short.

Also, Canada is sitting 14th in the medal table right now. I know it's the summer Olympics, but we should be be doing better than that.

-J.

DrCaleb @ Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:50 am

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
Also, Canada is sitting 14th in the medal table right now. I know it's the summer Olympics, but we should be be doing better than that.

-J.

We are 37th in the world by population. How is that not a good result? [huh]

DrCaleb @ Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:34 am

Canada shocks U.S. in semis, will play for Olympic gold in women's soccer

CDN_PATRIOT @ Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:45 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Now THAT is probably the best Olympic news. Avenging that sickening loss to the Americans will probably give Canada the boost they need to win gold.

And, it will be a well-earned and well-deserved gold.

-J.

xerxes @ Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:02 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Honestly it’s not that shocking, not this year. The US team isn’t as good as they have been in previous years and watching the game, that was obvious. Their attack was disjointed and defense was lacking.

That said, I thought Canada didn’t play that well apart from the defenders, who were imperious.

The penalty was really soft IMO, but considering how we got cheated in 2012, this was justice. Now to bring home the gold!

xerxes @ Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:03 am

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

I like De Grasse, but he's an underachiever. He's the Milos Raonic of the 100m sprint world. Gets oh so close every time, but falls short.

-J.

From what I’ve been seeing, we’re on track to have one of our best medal hauls yet. It’s not over yet. Keep the faith.

DrCaleb @ Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:35 am

Andre De Grasse wins Olympic gold in men's 200m final

R=UP :rock: [B-o]

bootlegga @ Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:57 am

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

-J.

We've got 15 medals now and over the past three Olympics, we've averaged 20, so we're on track for our normal totals. Our gold medal total is now four, which is tied (2016 Rio Games) for the highest since the 1992 Games in Barcelona.

Our country is covered in snow for four to six months of the year, which means most athletes need to train outside the country, which takes huge commitments of time and even larger amounts of fundraising to pay for it.

rickc @ Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:41 am

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Now THAT is probably the best Olympic news. Avenging that sickening loss to the Americans will probably give Canada the boost they need to win gold.

And, it will be a well-earned and well-deserved gold.

-J.

Congratulations on your victory!!! I hope you guys bring home the gold tomorrow! Game starts at 4:00 pm in your time zone. Hopefully you have a cool boss that will let you get home in time to watch the game.

EDIT: I had my time zones mixed up. I was subtracting time as I was moving east when I should have been adding time. You have plenty of time for the game. Anyways best of luck!!!

CDN_PATRIOT @ Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:47 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Andre De Grasse wins Olympic gold in men's 200m final

R=UP :rock: [B-o]

I've called De Grasse an underachiever for many years now. Due to his gold medal today, I am rescinding that statement. He's finally proved he can do it. Bravo! :rock:

**hands out free Maple Syrup** :mrgreen:

-J.

1  2  3  Next