Canada Kicks Ass
Camping In Ontario

Previous  1  2  3

CDN_PATRIOT @ Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:52 pm

Interesting. I mean, it's rained on me once or twice (which sucks when your packing up wet gear), but no fog for me. The one year I camped up at Craigleith on May 24, it snowed and the wind gusts almost blew my tent away (not to mention rocking my truck).

SAFFRON: Not the cherry Lifesavers! They're tasty. Although I didn't know skunks had a taste for cat food. Mmmmm cat food. LOL.

Cheers.

-J.

angler57 @ Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:02 am

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
Interesting. I mean, it's rained on me once or twice (which sucks when your packing up wet gear), but no fog for me. The one year I camped up at Craigleith on May 24, it snowed and the wind gusts almost blew my tent away (not to mention rocking my truck).
SAFFRON: Not the cherry Lifesavers! They're tasty. Although I didn't know skunks had a taste for cat food. Mmmmm cat food. LOL. Cheers.-J.

Craigleight sounds interesting.
Where is Craigleight? Anywhere near Parry Sound?
Years ago camped on waters edge at Janethead outside Gore Bay, Manitoulin.
Only one other family there. Folks from Texas.
About dusk couple walked down to where we sat watching fishing boats heading into Gore Bay.
They asked if we had a weather radio. Well we did. But, it was a beautiful evening, why worry. Were informed a gail was moving across the Huron northern passage.
It was then that we noticed they had pulled stakes and were
pulled as far from the beach as was possible.
Near morning woke to our 6,000lb. Road Trek shaking like a leaf.
Thank goodness for good neighbors.

martin14 @ Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:45 am

all filthy spammers must die !

BeaverFever @ Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:46 pm

Spending Canada Day and Labour Day weekends camping at Crotch Lake in the North Frontenac Parklands, just east of Bon Echo. Will be my first time, but I've heard nothing but good reviews.

Anyone else know of good outdoors destinations for day-trips and hiking in Southern ON?

Lemmy @ Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:04 am

Try Cooper's Falls/Victoria Falls. It's a cool little spot for a day-hike near my cottage.

Bodah @ Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:30 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
Spending Canada Day and Labour Day weekends camping at Crotch Lake in the North Frontenac Parklands, just east of Bon Echo. Will be my first time, but I've heard nothing but good reviews.

Anyone else know of good outdoors destinations for day-trips and hiking in Southern ON?

Frontenac Park near Kingston has a hiking path that can be completed in a day, no campsites along the way. Just for day hiking. I just got back from a four day trip there, awesome time.

FurTrader4 @ Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:55 pm

Woodland Caribou Provincial Park, Quetico/Boundry Waters and Wabakimi Provincial Park in Northern Ontario offer wilderness canoe camping. :rock: [B-o]

Pentagon @ Mon May 13, 2013 7:46 pm

We camp with our 5th wheeler, has anyone taken a trip to the Yukon?
I would like to do that next

martin14 @ Mon May 13, 2013 9:29 pm

Pentagon Pentagon:
We camp with our 5th wheeler, has anyone taken a trip to the Yukon?
I would like to do that next

I've done it, one of the best trips you'll ever take.

Jabberwalker @ Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:20 pm

There is a really interesting little Ontario Provincial Park down at the southern-most tip of the country near Point Pelee called Wheatley. It is located in rich, dense Carolinian forest ... more like Virginia than Ontario. It's on Lake Erie, which can be pleasant ... or not, depending on a few variable environmental issues. The water is bath-tub warm and the sand beaches, while not the very best on the Great Lakes, are still decent. There is an extensive wetland in the middle of the park just loaded with Great Blue Herons and Snowy Egrets in astounding numbers. It's a different sort of place and quite unique in Canada.

Previous  1  2  3