Canada Kicks Ass
How Doug Ford won his 2nd majority

Scape @ Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:04 pm

Ford could have been on vacation the last 6 weeks and still won. Del Duca couldn't even win his own seat. NDP/LIB had no idea how to run and didn't care to try.

bootlegga @ Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:59 am

Scape @ Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:50 pm

Ontario records lowest voter turnout in election history

This is the only way cons win, when the left is divided and the right is the party of default.

Strutz @ Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:54 pm

I thought Ford was rather, ummmm... disliked in Ontario so I'm surprised he was re-elected. I didn't follow any of the lead-up to the election so I'm not up to speed on what the other parties were pitching but I had to chuckle when I read this:

$1:
"I find that voters didn't understand what they were voting for," she said during CTV News' Ontario election special on Thursday. "I think more so than negative politics, people don't want to hear what the other guy isn't going to do. They want to hear what you are going to do for you. And that goes back to not getting your message out and not sharing it"

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/ontario-reco ... -1.5931440

That part I bolded is something that has always pissed me off in any election at any level. IMO this negative campaigning is why election turn-outs end up sucking. These politicians just don't freaking get it when it comes to gaining support from voters. That's why we need more people to run as independents, free of party lines and agendas, to actually represent the people and what they want to see.

xerxes @ Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:44 pm

Scape Scape:
Ontario records lowest voter turnout in election history

This is the only way cons win, when the left is divided and the right is the party of default.

It also didn't help that the other leaders had the charm and appeal of white paint. It's telling that the largest voting bloc was didn't vote. All the choices were shit.

Scape @ Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:17 pm

Can someone please explain the difference between the NDP and Liberal platforms in Ontario at this point? I am having a hard time seeing any substantive difference between the two.

Del Duca was an unknown and what past he had didn't pass the sniff test. So one is forced to then look at what it is they stood for and for the life of me I can't see anything but a redundant platform. The Liberals in BC are just as bland.

xerxes @ Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:14 am

So true. The Bc Liberal leader during the last election had the charisma of a brick. It also didn’t help that one of their main proposals, a pause on the PST was a bad idea.

Not that lowering taxes is a bad idea. But in the middle of a pandemic when government expenditures are already deep in the red, to slash a good chuck of revenue is just idiotic.