Canada Kicks Ass
London townhouse/condo electric bills = ?

1  2  Next

GreyWolf88 @ Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:17 pm

I'm currently looking at townhouses & condos in London, Ontario, and was wondering if anyone could tell me how much a monthly bill might be for Electric heat/fuel VS gas.

It would also be helpful if you could tell me how many people that cost applies to.

Thanks!

EDIT: Forgot to Mention - For a 3 level unit!

raydan @ Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:26 pm

...wondering what you're trying to sell us. [huh]

BartSimpson @ Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:31 pm

GreyWolf88 GreyWolf88:
I'm currently looking at townhouses & condos in London, Ontario, and was wondering if anyone could tell me how much a monthly bill might be for Electric heat/fuel VS gas.

It would also be helpful if you could tell me how many people that cost applies to.

Thanks!

A typical monthly utility bill in London, Ontario runs around ¥356,987.00

GreyWolf88 @ Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:38 pm

raydan raydan:
...wondering what you're trying to sell us. [huh]

Not selling anything. Just seeking information to better inform my first home purchase.

raydan @ Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:58 pm

What makes you think that we are the most likely to give you the correct information?

...see BartSimpson's post for the answer to that question. :lol:

Me, I'd say 42, but that's my answer to most questions. [B-o]

GreyWolf88 @ Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:09 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
GreyWolf88 GreyWolf88:

Thanks!

A typical monthly utility bill in London, Ontario runs around ¥356,987.00

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ahahahaha hahah ah ha ha ha ha ha ha

Anyone have an actual useful answer?

GreyWolf88 @ Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:13 pm

raydan raydan:
What makes you think that we are the most likely to give you the correct information?

You're Canadian, I'm Canadian, this is a Canadian forum. I thought someone on here might be privy to such information and help me out.

raydan @ Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:46 pm

I'm from Québec City, Bart's American... what do you think we know about London, Ontario?

Your profile says you're from London, I guess that you know more about the London market than anybody here. :D

housewife @ Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:28 pm

I wouldn't touch anything with electronic heat in Ontario. The way hydro is going in Ontario Bart's answer may not be that far off

BeaverFever @ Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:12 pm

Electric heating bills are ridiculous. I would never move to a house or apartment with electric heating. Full stop.

Strutz @ Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:22 am

I would think that Ontario Hydro would have a similar tool that BC Hydro has could help you with that.

I can go to BC Hydro's website and, based on my address, look at similar homes in my immediate area to see how much energy consumption they use. It's interesting to see where I fall compared to "average".

You are correct BF... I have electric heat. I get billed every two months and just to compare...

My bill was $173 from mid-December to mid-February (coldest time we had, heat almost always on)
Then $75 mid-February to mid-April (heat on less often and I think we turned it off for good late March)
Current$57 mid-April to mid-June (No Heat!)

Other uses of items using electricity have remained constant during those periods so the diff is just HEAT! 8O

housewife @ Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:27 am

Strutz I'm jealous I'm paying 124 a month equal billing we don't have electric heating.

Tricks @ Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:51 am

Don't get anything with electric heat.

raydan @ Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:03 am

Tricks Tricks:
Don't get anything with electric heat.

Unless you live where I do... :wink:

Tricks @ Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:27 am

He's not talking about quebec though is he.

1  2  Next