Canada Kicks Ass
Mayor Rob Ford: Unjustly Vilified As A Crack User?

Previous  1  2

fifeboy @ Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:48 am

PublicAnimalNo9 PublicAnimalNo9:
:lol: Yeah, if he's only smoked it "a few times" then I'm the Grand Vizier of Mars.
Does that mean you get to wear a big red turban and get fed grapes by good looking Marsettes? Cool!

OnTheIce @ Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:50 am

Lemmy Lemmy:
Rob Ford is no longer relevant. Council won't support anything he wants. }

Besides all the stuff that have already happened that he wanted to get done, right? :lol: :lol:

Lemmy @ Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:03 am

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
Can crack users be fat? Sure! However, two fat guys who used crack doesn't speak for the majority.

The critical factor is money. A glutton is a glutton and a rich glutton is likely to over-indulge in many vices. Unemployed crackheads have to pick their pleasure.

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
Besides all the stuff that have already happened that he wanted to get done, right?

Old news and exaggerated news as well. They keep saying they've cut taxes, but ask someone living in Toronto if their tax bill has gone anywhere but up since Ford rolled in (literally) to save the day.

OnTheIce @ Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:15 am

Lemmy Lemmy:
Old news and exaggerated news as well. They keep saying they've cut taxes, but ask someone living in Toronto if their tax bill has gone anywhere but up since Ford rolled in (literally) to save the day.

Property taxes have gone up, no doubt. Very minimal increases, unlike his predecessor.

Feel free to ignore the accomplishments that have occurred under Ford's tenure, it'll be funny to see the top of your head blow off when he wins again. [B-o]

Lemmy @ Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:42 am

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
Property taxes have gone up, no doubt. Very minimal increases, unlike his predecessor.

Feel free to ignore the accomplishments that have occurred under Ford's tenure, it'll be funny to see the top of your head blow off when he wins again. [B-o]

He hasn't had any accomplishments. He says he has, but he hasn't. Well, I'll give him some credit for the garbage contracts.

And I hope he does get re-elected. It's saving me hundreds of dollars that I'd otherwise have had to lay out at comedy clubs for similar chuckles. But if you'd like to wager on the election, I'll take a bet in any amount you'd care to lose.

OnTheIce @ Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:55 am

Lemmy Lemmy:
He hasn't had any accomplishments. He says he has, but he hasn't. Well, I'll give him some credit for the garbage contracts.

Keep those blinders on. I really don't give a shit about your opinion.

Lemmy @ Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:59 am

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
Keep those blinders on. I really don't give a shit about your opinion.

Ahh, give us a kiss. :lol:

stratos @ Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:03 am

OnTheIce and Lemmy sitting in a CKA tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G :lol:

postmaster @ Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:32 pm

llama66 llama66:
Weed is very different than Crack, both are illegal and listed under the Controlled Substance act, however weed is more socially acceptable to use. So while one was accused of and the other admitted to using drugs, Trudeau's admission to using something that a large portion of the population has at least tried was less a story than Rob Ford's avoidance to even discuss his alleged crack use.

... great reply. thanks ... :)

... yes, you're right, crack cocaine has a stigma attached to it as a harder drug. as such, the news media had an obligation to give ford the benefit of the doubt in lieu of the fact that there was no proof that he ever did crack instead of declaring all out war on him like they did ...

... the rob ford crack cocaine story should never have been a news story at all ...

Jabberwalker @ Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:19 pm

$1:
If Trudeau became PM and ended up getting banned from a couple of high profile countries over admitted drug use, I'd wake up every morning laughing for his entire term.

He could end up on death row for that in Singapore ... transplant his still-beating heart into someone else.

Lemmy @ Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:33 am

$1:
A court battle resumes this morning in Toronto to make public police search warrants used in Project Traveller, a massive crackdown this spring on what police allege is a violent street gang involved in gun running and pot and cocaine trafficking.

In particular, the media hope to obtain search warrant materials related to a specific residence: the home of Mohamed Siad. The Toronto Star reported this summer that he was arrested and had his home searched as part of Project Traveller.

The Star also reported that Siad is the individual who showed them, and tried to sell, a video of Toronto Mayor Rob Ford, in which the Star said he appeared intoxicated, made racist and homophobic remarks, and was seen smoking what appeared to be a crack pipe.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2013/09/12/toronto-project-traveller-rob-ford-court.html

bootlegga @ Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:11 pm

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
Besides all the stuff that have already happened that he wanted to get done, right? :lol: :lol:

He got everything he wanted?

I think you're forgetting his $20 billion subway dream. That collapsed like the house of cards it was and was replaced by something far cheaper and faster to implement.

I'm sure that's not the only thing he didn't get that he wanted (aside from muffins at city council meetings instead of cruellers :lol: ), but it certainly was one of the biggest.

OnTheIce @ Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:29 pm

bootlegga bootlegga:
OnTheIce OnTheIce:

He got everything he wanted?

I think you're forgetting his $20 billion subway dream. That collapsed like the house of cards it was and was replaced by something far cheaper and faster to implement.

I'm sure that's not the only thing he didn't get that he wanted (aside from muffins at city council meetings instead of cruellers :lol: ), but it certainly was one of the biggest.

Never said he got everything he wanted, no politician does.

CanadianJeff @ Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:22 pm

Considering all the escapades that resulted from the supposed crack video including raids and murder can we really say with certainty that there wasn't something fishy going on.

I agree the media went way overboard on the video and it should have been released before any major reporting was done but the surroundings after the allegations make me a little suspicious.

I'm sure it will all come out in the months ahead with the courts getting involved. I would say the media may have done a bad job but Ford shouldn't be written off as non involved just yet.

Previous  1  2